collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you buy physical media (CDs, Records, DVDs, etc.)  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Caysie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • MLP fan for life
    • View Profile
Re: Do you buy physical media (CDs, Records, DVDs, etc.)
« Reply #30 on: Today at 03:16:52 AM »
After years of streaming and online music, I'm actually a bit tired of it. Started looking for CDs and physical media again. Mostly because it reminds of times gone by. Holding something in your hand that actually exists and can be touched is underestimated today.

The fact that several of our older cars still have CD players is also a reason that made it interesting. Unfortunately, it's gone in the last few leased cars.

There's something special about old-school stuff and the older you get, the more you appreciate it, it seems.

Just take the MiniDisc, who remembers it now? Yes I do. Before the MP3 player made its entrance, that was what mattered. And it's still nice today. Took my old collection down from the attic and the old deck, everything still worked, amazing. So much nostalgia. Oh, oh, what memories you get. Still cool today.
Firefly: "Where dreams soar on wings of friendship!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Did he say... Brony! Really?

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #31 on: Today at 07:46:49 AM »
I still buy physical media now and then. Just bought a dvd copy of Jetsons the Movie two weeks ago at Half Price Books and we have a tall bookshelf in our livingroom well stocked with dvds and blu rays and I have so many books on the three shelves in my art studio that I'm running out of room again lol

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:28:30 AM »
my car oddly still has a CD player even though it's a newer model. the last 2 leases did not. I haven't used it though. i don't have any CDs to play at the moment but i'm considering buy CDs again. not everything is available as records. i still have a ton of MP3s. so maybe burning CDs again too. i would like to have more non-streaming options while i'm driving.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal