collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Favorites Collection out at TRU!: with PICS!  (Read 22634 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Favorites Collection out at TRU!: with PICS!
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2012, 03:44:55 PM »
Argh, looks like I missed getting this set locally.  :(  I've been going to TRU every few days for the past two weeks and today they finally had a ton of new stuff out, but the favorites collection was already gone. I struck up a convo with a nice employee in the pony isle who said her boyfriend is a G4 collector so she was familiar with the merch - yay! and she told me that the favorites collection had already been put out and a bunch of guys had bought every single set they had that same day. She also told me that was it and that they wouldn't be getting any more sets in... I really hope that's not true but it wouldn't surprise me with how popular the recent releases have been. :huh: 

Yeah no, they will be getting more maybe not few a truck or two but with over 2,000 ordered for the DC that serves my area yeah each store will get more then one case.  Sadly the way they are selling on ebay dealers got wind of it and snagged them I am sure to put on there.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2012, 02:15:40 AM »
Thanks you two for reassuring me.  Hunting down the recent toys has been pretty crazy, it's tricky to know what is just bad distribution and what is stores selling out and who will be getting more of what and when...   :dizzy: so I appreciate your valuable input!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2012, 03:21:07 AM »
I was so excited to see the labels on the shelves at my TRU that I pass everyday coming home from work, I know they get their trucks in friday so I always stop by, plus it's pay day:D but they were all gone! I snapped pics of the shelf labels and went to the customer service just to ask about them, and the nice lady told me apparently we have a "pony guy" that was waiting for the store to open just to wipe them out and sell them on ebay:( I was fuming mad when she told me that but I asked if any other stores had them, which luckily I was willing to drive to one, but it was 20+ miles away so I had to waste another $10 in gas to get out there:( Thankfully, I got my set and found Zecora:D

onna-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
  I got another set the other day and I'm just wondering if fellow CT pony hunters, have you all been able to get your hands on one? Or neighboring states near, NY state, NJ etc.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
I found a single set at TRU, but the box was all beat up and Nightmare Moon had some scuffing on her nose already. :( I passed on it, but decided the next day that I should've grabbed it anyway. I went back to the store to see if it was there, and it was gone... So was its shelf label.

I spoke to the staff there to inquire about them, and showed them a photo of the set. They tried looking it up for me, but they couldn't find it in their system.  They knew nothing about it. It was very weird, since it was there just the day before!

I'm going on a trip out of state in a few days, so I phoned up one of the TRU stores near that area. The guy I spoke with was very helpful. He knew of the set, and also knew that lots of folks were after them. They had one in stock, so I asked if they could hold it for me. He said that they could only hold a product until the end of the day.

onna-chan

« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
 That sucks, your in CT or no? It also really depends on who you talk to at the Toysrus's.  I was lucky and got a wonderful person who knew what it was and what I was talking about, one of the days I went to inquire about it. Where as another time the person had no idea.
I have a set I'm willing to put up for sale, if anyone needs it.

BravoGangUS

« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
I was calling every other day and having them check all the TRU stores in the state and none of them had it all those times.

Then my dad called me up one day and told me he managed to get it for me. While he was in New York, the TRU in Time Square told him they didn't have it but could order it and have it the next day for him, which they did.  :biggrin:

A week later (couple days ago from today) I randomly went into my local TRU and they had 5 of them on the shelf. So I got it so I can have a set to keep in the box and one for me to open  ;)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2012, 12:36:54 AM »
My TRU restocked!! ^_^ I got one, hooray! I got an extra one for trade, in case anyone's interested! http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,307963.msg390523.html#msg390523
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »
I got mine the other day!

I am a little disappointed with the quality of my Nightmare Moon. She has dents in her plastic, a bad paint job and marks all over. :(

Did they use a different type of hair when doing this set? The hair feels...idk...cheaper?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

onna-chan

« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
I got mine the other day!

I am a little disappointed with the quality of my Nightmare Moon. She has dents in her plastic, a bad paint job and marks all over. :(

Did they use a different type of hair when doing this set? The hair feels...idk...cheaper?

Congrats on getting the set, but yes suckie quality and suckier that it's on Nightmare Moon. Maybe try to return it for a new set.  Yes, everyone has been saying the same thing, and I've noticed it as well with the hair. Mine had like gel/glue ends.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »
Onna: Nah, I'm from Maine. The store that I called was in New Hampshire. We have Walmarts like you read about up this way, but only two TRU locations separated by 130 miles of highway. :P

The scuffs on the Nightmare Moon that I saw seemed to be caused by the package being thrown around a lot. I keep hearing reports of these ponies being flawed in other ways, though, and it's a bummer to see on such a pricey set!

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »
I'm probably going to end up ordering these online from a reseller. I talked to the local TRU employees, and found out that  in my area there is a group of people who wait outside the doors of the TRUs everyday before they open, just to come in and buy all the TRU exclusive MLPs and Monster High dolls. So unless Hasbro starts mass producing these soon, or TRU starts selling them again on their website there is very little chance of me actually being able to physically buy one of these myself.

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:20 AM »
I'm probably going to end up ordering these online from a reseller. I talked to the local TRU employees, and found out that  in my area there is a group of people who wait outside the doors of the TRUs everyday before they open, just to come in and buy all the TRU exclusive MLPs and Monster High dolls. So unless Hasbro starts mass producing these soon, or TRU starts selling them again on their website there is very little chance of me actually being able to physically buy one of these myself.

Well that sucks! How much profit sould they be allowed to gain from re-selling them on ebay??  :mad:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2012, 03:21:10 AM »
It odd that MLP has suddenly become the stalker of scalpers! Guess thats what happens though when a toy line becomes so popular. They should limit purchase to 1 per person :P Just make it a little harder to walk out with a half dozen!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »
That nightmare moon is awesome.  It's nice to see one other than purple.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal