collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle EQG 2 pack Question  (Read 262 times)

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle EQG 2 pack Question
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
So, I finally got my hot little hands on this two pack (thank you Argos outlet!) and uh, wow...GLAD I did not pay full RRP or the price anyone else was asking because man, I would have been super disappointed.

WHAT is with these girls' hair? I mean forget about the fact that Sunset has two different coloured legs, the strange reused molded clothes body but oh my good night, the HAIR... it's HORRIBLE!

I've dealt with hair like this before, I had a custom haired in it who I eventually had to send off for rehairing as the hair faded....does anyone who has these girls have any tips on how to deal with it? I'm not sure my usual method of conditioner would help it any but ugh, it's so NASTY. I wish I could rehair dolls as I would be taking their heads off in a nanosecond.

Carrie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle EQG 2 pack Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Yeah...unfortunately a lot of the first wave stuff from EQG seems to suffer from hair issues. I luckily have not encountered anything particularly bad but there have been a lot of threads on the subject. However, I have heard it reported by members in other threads that the quality seems to be getting better with each release.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »
In my set, both had horrible hair, and I'm frustrated, as I saw many people had the set with GOOD hair. Urgh.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 06:18:49 AM »
The set I've got have hair which I would not describe as proper MLP hair at all. It's VERY soft. Almost fluffy.

Carrie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
Yeah, its clearly a different type of hair or a different quality of nylon. Been a while since Hasbro run a fashion doll line like this, not to mention one with non natural hair colours so its perhaps taken them some time to get the balance right.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal