collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Equestria Girls Dolls, How's the hair?  (Read 555 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
New Equestria Girls Dolls, How's the hair?
« on: July 04, 2014, 05:18:45 AM »
Some of the first dolls had the issue that they had horrible hair quality. Like it was dry and not as smooth. Some of them were right like Applejack and Celestia, but Rarity and Sunset Shimmer were really hard to style.  :huh:

Now my question is is if the Rainbow Rocks dolls have gotten some better hair Quality. Is there someone who can tell me? I hope Hasbro has learnt from their mistakes.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: New Equestria Girls Dolls, How's the hair?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
I ll bump this for you to see if someone can answer. I have the Rarity Doll + Pony and honestly it seems the same as the other handful of dolls I have. However, I ll admit that I never came across as radical an issue as people described; yes there is some variance in the dolls I have but not wildly bad.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
I've found the hair has improved. My RR first wave single have adorable smooth silky hair. They also now have more plugs per row meaning not as many bald spots. :D

Carrie

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »
I have the first four Rainbow Rocks basic dolls, they all have lovely soft hair. Nothing like the dry, coarse, frizzy messes that came with the first releases of the old dolls. But not quite as super super shiny, slippery and "wet" looking as the good hair first dolls. They seem like kind of a nice inbetween. And as QueenGusty said, they have a lot more hair rooted in there - I've found Twilight and Fluttershy to have a moderately thick amount, Pinkie and Rainbow have very thick voluminous hair. Pinkie almost has too much, as soon as you jostle her the bouncy curls are flipping this way and that around her ears and need to be fixed. :lol: No more bald spots underneath a hair curtain for these dolls.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
I have the basic RR Fluttershy and her hair is sooooo lovely and soft after I conditioned it (I bought her loose and she was pretty ratty) and brushed it :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »
I have the first four Rainbow Rocks basic dolls, they all have lovely soft hair. Nothing like the dry, coarse, frizzy messes that came with the first releases of the old dolls. But not quite as super super shiny, slippery and "wet" looking as the good hair first dolls. They seem like kind of a nice inbetween. And as QueenGusty said, they have a lot more hair rooted in there - I've found Twilight and Fluttershy to have a moderately thick amount, Pinkie and Rainbow have very thick voluminous hair. Pinkie almost has too much, as soon as you jostle her the bouncy curls are flipping this way and that around her ears and need to be fixed. :lol: No more bald spots underneath a hair curtain for these dolls.
Yeah, this, not as good as the good first dolls, but nothing bad either.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
I have the RR Rarity with pony and her hair is as good as the first deluxe Rarity (who was smooth and shiny, but not as thick as RD or Fluttershy). I also have the stamping RR Applejack. Her hair is very different. It's very straight and doesn't tangle, but it is coarse and has a different feel since it's supposed to accommodate being stamped on. Overall, I actually like it, but some might not be impressed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal