collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware  (Read 28757 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
Wow, this whole thread made me go from  :whoa: to  :enraged: to  :sad: to  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: .  I was going to say that, if I had a :muffin: Pony, I would send it to you Kappa, but I see someone actually DID!  You guys are amazing!!!!!  Way to make the best out of a terrible situation, everyone!   :grouphug:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:49:10 AM by ButtercreamDream »

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Yeah, it was a rollercoaster of a week. I sort of am amazing it all happened. If it weren't for my friends that I met here and my friends from the LittleBigPlanet community, i think I would have imploded before this was resolved! I have never seen such kindness.

And concerning :muffin: Pony! It turned out okay for me, but SoSilver is still out a :muffin: Pony! So if anyone's got one, SoSilver should get one, as should saply for her amazing kindness.

I swear saply, I am going to find a way to repay you for what you have done for me. :)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
Wow, she is banned and still managing to spread lies. How pathetic can one get?

Did anyone else notice that her message to tinrobo sounded way too similiar to the "explanations" she tried to give? (which was supposedly written by the sister!)
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
Hey guys,
I just wanted to alert you that ponyadore was trying to do this same scam on another MLP forum (a site dedicated to G4's). I posted there last night about the "coincidence" and since then the mods and admin over there have found that not only is she almost certainly the same person, she posted there under 10 different names to shill bid on her auction or post even more :muffin: Pony sales. She also stole another user from that forum's :muffin: Pony pics, the ones that she was sending to people here. So this person is a pernicious liar and will probably try to get back in here too.  Keep your guard up for high priced items, especially G4 items from new users.

Considering the sheer size of her scam, if everyone who was ripped off decided to contact the police with the amount of money she either took or attempted to take, she could be charged with a felony if the total tops a certain amount.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:02:12 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
Yes, that is the forum that i saw her selling on, too. I bid on one of her auctions before I knew it was her and I was outbid as soon as I requested pictures. The auction ended early on that site, too.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
I was gonna suggest an IP ban so she can never step foot here again, but if there's a chance for criminal charges...Well then...Lets just let her keep at it till she learns her lesson.visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Ugh, what a mess.

I have more emails she's sent to me to post here in reply to some of the things being said in this thread but I'm not going to because her account is banned and it's not my place to post on her behalf. I don't want to be messenger and have everyone here end up hating me because it seems like I'm taking her side when all I'm really interested in is helping the people who were scammed to get their money back.  :(

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
I am so sorry about all of this. :(

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
tinrobo, that is a perfectly wise decision I think and no one is going to get mad at you, either way. :) *hugs*

Unless a mod requests it, I wouldn't bother posting any of her emails if I was you. It's just going to be more lies and more attempts to confuse the situation.

I am SO THANKFUL people in this community are looking out for fellow fans on other sites. :) You guys are all awesome. Hopefully she realizes soon that she will always be caught when people here are on alert for her, and she turns her attention to some other place.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
The scammer's indignation in the beginning is very common with these types of scammers. They try to guilt trip you into thinking you're the bad ones. That's what she was doing.

As far as the second post yeah, she might try to claim her id was hijacked.

But first, I think anyone who has gotten scammed by this person should be given her full name & address.

Also, I think her full name should be posted here. She will most definitely change her ids, but a name will stand out if one of us see's her on Ebay again.

I just don't think the name should be kept secret. It's only allowing her to continue scamming through other revenues.

And just so everyone knows, if you get arrested for something your full name AND full address gets put in the local newspaper and online. They do this to protect citizens that might have had contact with the criminal.

For people that have the name and info, try searching around online. Maybe she has a history.

Anywho, just my worthless two cents. How many people total has she scammed? How much total money? It's early enough so that everyone will get their money back right?

Best of luck to all of you. So sorry about this :-( The lady is a loser.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
tinrobo if you want to forward the emails to me that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the heads up babystarz,  I have been watching the same auctions but was unaware of the multiple accounts.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2012, 01:28:22 PM »
Ponylady, have you received my email?

Just to be more happy, yesterday i have also received a wrong and very expensive pony and ten minutes ago i've discovered i've been scammed for 120$ on monster high dolls...
Just so tired, i am thinking to leave the collecting world for a bit...

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
Yes, SoSilver I did and thank you very much!  I got a little busy yesterday to respond back.

I am sorry about your MH dolls  :hug: .  It's hard to believe that people stoop to such levels to scam someone over toys.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

And just so everyone knows, if you get arrested for something your full name AND full address gets put in the local newspaper and online. They do this to protect citizens that might have had contact with the criminal.

For people that have the name and info, try searching around online. Maybe she has a history.

This is true. My hometown police department has it's own Facebook page (I think that's pretty standard these days) and they do weekly reports each weekend with the full name AND a photo of all people they arrest for that week. Any person can go on facebook and see these people.

However, it's a bit trickier in situations like this, where the culprit might be a minor. (Seems likely given her immature behavior.) I know I would feel horrible if something bad came from putting a minor's name or contact info online, no matter what she did to deserve it. >.<
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
There's also a chance that it's a phony name/address OR someone else's details, since we know the troll is very dishonest. I'd hate to think of what we'd be held responsible for if we posted information of an innocent bystander. >_<
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal