collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 163472 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2013, 02:21:57 AM »
That last sentence!!!!  Squeeeee!!!!  More Zelfs are on the way!!!  I wonder how "soon" is "soon"?   :P

I heard in one of their early advertisements that they plan to release a 'wave' every three months! o.0 Buuut I have no idea what a wave is. XD;; Or if that is still their plan.

Since I was curious, I did a search on DeviantArt for Zelf images! ^.^ There's only one piece of fanart that I found, and a bunch of photos of the toys (people really like putting their photography on DA!) I noticed on the Zelf Facebook page that they linked to the person's fanart! Aww, so nice! Someone here should do some fanart and see if it goes up on the Zelf facebook page as well lol. (I would buuuut I can't draw)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SydneyGrey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2013, 04:10:46 AM »
I heard in one of their early advertisements that they plan to release a 'wave' every three months! o.0 Buuut I have no idea what a wave is. XD;; Or if that is still their plan.
I asked them in an e-mail whether the releases would be every three months, and they skirted the question a bit.  They did say there would be more releases, but wouldn't commit to an answer about the whole "every 3 months" thing. 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
I have obtained the last two Clovers! :biggrin: The TRU employee I saw each day for the past three days now thinks I am That Crazy Girl, but I don't care XD I've PM'd the two of you who paid yesterday for these last two Clovers, and everyone's Clovers are all packed up now, ready to go. I'll be headed to the PO tomorrow! :)

I asked them in an e-mail whether the releases would be every three months, and they skirted the question a bit.  They did say there would be more releases, but wouldn't commit to an answer about the whole "every 3 months" thing. 

Ahh oh my, if it is indeed every three months I better get cracking on picking up the current ones I still want! :freak:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\'re way too cute.
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »
Maybe their original plan was to do a wave every three months, but the Zelfs turned out to be way more popular than anticipated and they're having trouble keeping up with orders so they had to lengthen their plans. ^_^ We can dream!

Post Merge: October 17, 2013, 12:24:54 PM

Just checked the company website and apparently the official release date for the Zelfs was 8/26/2013. So they're not even two months old yet! ^_^ Also the company, Moose Enterprise, is apparently an Australian company. :O They sure made it to the US fast!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:24:54 PM by Dragonflitter »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2013, 02:27:19 AM »
Hey guys!! Heads up, TRU will be doing BOGO Zelfs Medium Size! ...Of course this is after I already bought most of them. :P

Thanks to popyduggan on the Pony Corral for posting this link! The front of the flyer says the sales prices are good for Nov 3-23 (though it seems to be their Black Friday flyer so I'm a little confused about that).

http://bfads.net/Toy-Books/Toys-R-Us/Ad?page=38#viewer

SydneyGrey

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »
Hey guys!! Heads up, TRU will be doing BOGO Zelfs Medium Size! ...Of course this is after I already bought most of them. :P
Thanks for posting that.  Of course, I have nearly all of them now, too.  LOL.  I don't have Howlette and Lil'D, though, since their sculpt was my least favorite.  Maybe I'll get them, though.  I might get one to customize, too.  I'm thinking of getting an extra Angelala and stripping off all the shading and stencils off her so she is just a solid white, then painting her. 

And if I can get one cheap enough, I *might* take off the hair to see if it's possible to give it custom hair, although I might be risking ruining it by doing that, so I'm hesitant. I'm still undecided about that one.  Wouldn't it be funny to give one leopard-print fake fur hair, or something, though?  LOL.  Or better yet, fluffy mohair.

(I had to look up whether the name was "Howlette" or "Howleen" or whatever.  All these silly toy names sound alike to me after a while. LOL.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:47:37 AM by SydneyGrey »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »
I would LOVE to see someone's take on a custom Zelf!! I have minimal experience making custom ponies (I've only rehaired two in my whole life) so I couldn't even begin to think how one would go about replacing that troll hair... but if one person does it, maybe I can learn! ^_^

And this BOGO sale seems like the perfect opportunity to experiment!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Zelfs are in Singapore!! They finally arrived Im SO happy!! I bought a large Vampula, medium Flamy and 3 small zelfs :D
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

SydneyGrey

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
I've got it!!!  :lol: I'll strip the shading off of Angelala, like I said ... then give her stenciled silver snowflakes in a few places.  She'll be a Snow Zelf. 

Rainsong

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
I've got it!!!  :lol: I'll strip the shading off of Angelala, like I said ... then give her stenciled silver snowflakes in a few places.  She'll be a Snow Zelf. 

OH MY GOD, Please post pictures when you do *dies at the mental image* I love it.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
Howlette and Lil'D are high on my favorite list because they have cute little tails :inlove:

I'd love to see a Snow Zelf!  I was wondering what series 2 would be like.  I'd die for seasonal Zelfs:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
Seasonal Zelfs would be WIN!! It would tie in to their little bio pamphlets too, it seems they always assign a certain holiday (like Halloween or whatever) as the Zelf's birthday. ^_^

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm thinking of customizing Lil' Zelfs! What do yall think?
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
I've customized some Lil Zelfs so far. I switched their hair around and gave most of them nail decals for markings. Except for one which I plan to paint since it should be just like painting a cutie mark on a blind bag MLP. I imagine it would be pretty much the same thing with the regular or large ones but I haven't been able to get any yet.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2013, 01:20:14 AM »
any news about new zelfs?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal