collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your best Pony luck ever.  (Read 4927 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Share your best Pony luck ever.
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you Pony wise. And I aim at obtaining a rare/HTF Pony for a very low price or maybe even for free. And I am talking about real luck. Not trying to get a Pony for years and eventually pay loads of money for it and feel lucky you finally got it.

I myself was in luck when I was a child. A girl lived next to my grand folks and she was only 1 year older then me but much more "mature" then me so she got rid of her toys early. She gave me and my sister a whole bunch of Barbies but mostly Ponies. I can't tell you how lucky I feel for my grandma to be paying attention. It seems she was in the garden just about to throw away her Ponies and Barbies in the trashcan before my grandma interrupted her and told her she gladly takes the toys from her to give them to me and my sister.

I was so happy. The Ponies that I can still remember were: Ringlest (rainbow pegasus, not the Brush 'n Grow), Both Nurse Love Heart and Nurse Sweetheart + both nurse hats/working magic cutiemarks, Dance 'n Prance blue one with yellow hair (forgot her name), Waverunner, Bowtie and a few others but can't remember. Me and my sister both devided them equally and we had the most Pony fun for years after.

Another Pony luck I can think of was when I found Night Glider in this "give away" closet in the city. It basicaly a closet in the middle of the city where people put stuff, (mostly junk sadly) So that others may find some use for it. Like old toys, blankets, books, shoes etc. I walked by to pick up my son from kindergarden and I just saw poor Night Glider standing there. She was soooo dirsty. Hair all messed up, her tail was cut short, she had tail rust and she had some grey-ish spots on her body. I washed her up when I came home. I felt so lucky. I did ended up selling her on Ebay almost 2 years later. Because I was in the process of upgrading her. I do kinda regret selling her now, as she was my lucky Pony. But it's still nice to find a Pony in the wild like that.

Same goes for when I was a child and went with my dad to this huge thrift market to stand there with his own stand to sell stuff. I wandered around the stands myself and found a woman who had 8 G1's for sale. Not fully sure which ones they were, but I do remeber Kiss Curl and Posey were in the lot. She asked 8 euro. I went to my dad asking for 8 euros and he gave me the money but he did tell me to haggle a little. I was shy as a child so I didn't want to try and go too low. So I ended up asking nicely if she was ok with 7 euro instead. And the old lady smiled and gave them to me for 7 euro. I felt so happy. I remember playing with them when we were in the car on our way back home. So funny I didn't consider it luck back then because it was common to see G1's at thrift stores/markets nack then. But I was still happy.

And last one is recently when I got Ice Crystal for 40 euro. It's still quite a sum of money, but I know what he can go for on Ebay so I do consider myself very lucky to have gotten him for this price. It's one of those Ponies that you know is rare and wanted. It's on your list but you're like "Nah, I'll never get it but I just keep him on my list for the future". So it was such a surprise and great feeling for getting him so "cheap".

Phew...that was quite a lot to type.

I like to hear your guy's stories.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:37:06 PM by Pierlala »
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Share your best Pony luck ever.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:20:57 PM »
Well, having collected for about 20 years now there have been a LOT of super-lucky moments, but the most recent one was probably a few years ago when my dad's boss was cleaning out his attic and gave me his daughter's ponies - including a lavender Dream Castle with most of the accessories.  There were a ton of ponies and a Show Stable too but the DC was the high point! 

My local flea market has been really kind to me over the years too.  It's given me the majority of my wingers for $1 or less, countless accessory pieces, and a $1 Dream Beauty.  Last time I persuaded my mother to go with me she found a bin in a "non-toy" booth and pulled out piece after piece of pony wear and PE accessories. 

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »
I found a pink conch shell at a yard sale for 25 cents. They had used it as a soap dish, but it cleaned up perfect!  Found a Mimic at a thrift shop. Bought some guy's kid's ponies (all G1's) for $2.50 each, all pristine with accessories (over 100 ponies), and then bought some lady's childhood collection - same idea, $2 per pony, all perfect with accessories, and several rares. Bought a show stable with a few bits in it for $5 - and found a princess clip among the bits. Bought two ponies off kijiji for $15 - one was a mint Munchy.

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »
mine was probably finding cha cha the llama for $15 at a vintage toy store! shes in great condition, no symbol rubs, or hair cuts, or cancer! shes also a "pony" i really wanted, but never really thought i'd get. i'll definitely treasure her forever  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:05:45 PM »
I have had a lot of pony luck over the years. A few of my more noteable finds....

Several mint wingers (about six of them, including Cool Breeze) and 2 Dream Beauties for about $6 at a Country Fair.

Tux n' Tails in good condition at a flea market for $3.

SS Angel for $2 at a flea market with several other ponies for the same price that I needed.

MO Mommy Pony from a toy dealer for $30.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »
At a yard sale, I got a free Baby Gametime with purchase of other ponies (for a few bucks). Bonus points it was on my birthday.

Dream Beauty, Skyflier, from goodwill for less than $5
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:35:04 PM by LyraHeartsrtings »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
I found a piggy pony (Spanish) Minty in a Value Village in Seattle for $2.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »
Oh, I just remembered one more! I found three mint in bag sparkle ponies at a store (just a regular discount type store) for $1.27 each in 1997. I asked if they had more, they said there was a whole box full that was sent with their G2 pony order, but the rest had all sold already.

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »
Ooh, for sure that time I went to a local thrift store. I had found 6 g1's including the magenta Satin n Lace; with her original curls. All 6 g1's were $2 together!  :shocked:
 I remember shaking so badly when I saw her in the bag.  :blush:

She's actually the Satin n Lace in my profile picture!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
Someone ran a raffle on the arena a number of years ago for a chance to win all the Big Brother ponies. I spent $10 on tickets and won!  I still have them all, and they're in beautiful condition with all their accessories.

Elf

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 05:36:52 PM »
A few years ago I found a $3 bag of G1s at a local thrift store. It had MO Star Hopper, Chocolate Delight, and......Sweet Scoops.

Yup. G1 Sweet Scoops. For $1. After a little cleaning she was in really great comdition too!!  I ended up auctioning her in the Arena.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
Edit just realized that luck hasn't really come into it for me just other collectors being generous! In terms of actual luck five G3s turned up in the charity shop over the road from me and I got Triple Treat  :biggrin:

I got lucky with a swap partner once who really spoiled me. I think I did pretty well for her too and it was great because it was trans Atlantic so we both got htf things. Someone sent me a spare tail for seashell once. I consider myself lucky if I manage to buy a pony for a reasonable price with no hassle lately, I don't seem to have great luck at the moment. Great buys a year or so ago were Moon Dancer, German Sweet Clover, Dutch Baby Schoolbag and Ice Crystal all from Arena members. I just feel lucky to own them regardless of how much they cost :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:49:13 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
Munchy for $5 at a flea market! I think they expected me to haggle, but I was too freaking excited.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
Found the following at a flea market(different years)- a minty plush Starshine for $5, a Flower Bouquet for 50 cents, a Baby Dangles for 50 cents or $1, and a Slugger for 50 cents or $1- he's some spots though :( I found a few ponies in my early days of collecting at Goodwill.  I never find them anymore though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 05:06:31 AM »
I've been incredibly lucky over the years. Some of the highlights include:

- two Macau Jennys at car boot sales (not both on the same day)

- several Princess variants at car boot sales

- Bobbie in a charity shop

I've also been lucky to receive two of my friends' childhood collections as gifts. It's so wonderful that they (or in one case, their grandmother) thought of me and decided to give me such a great present.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal