collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies and morals  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies and morals
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »
This thread makes me want to start an orphanage for lonely baby twins so they can find a twin again...  :sad:

I wonder if it would be useful to have a community thread on the Sales board, along the same lines as the "Need Help From Someone in Another Country" thread on the Traders & Classifieds board. Maybe people who are selling or looking for a particular newborn twin could post on that thread (e.g., "I'm looking for a Jebber; anyone have one?" or "I have a Dibbles for sale! Who wants her?"). What do you guys think? It might take a lot of the frustration and hunting time out of looking for newborn twins.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
Ahhh yes I understand these dilemmas all too well. Early in my adult collecting I got an early G1 lot w/ the carry case and all the original brushes--clearly someone's childhood collection. I already had a Seashell who was prettier so I sold the Seashell in the lot and maybe two others, kept the rest (became the core of my new collection that replaced MY childhood collection). I didn't feel bad about it once they were gone. BUT . . . FF seventeen years. The Bow-Tie I kept from that lot is still in my collection. Or was . . . I got a new one in my lot who is a beautiful bright blue, and I think I'm keeping that one! So the one I've had for 17 years (far longer than my childhood Bow-Tie) is getting sold off soon :( And I keep thinking she is feeling upset and betrayed while I imagine my other ponies won't accept the new Bow-Tie. Oh the things that go through our heads when we know rationally it's just plastic. I guess it means we have empathy though :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
I think that movies like "The Brave Little Toaster" and Toy Story of course- have set us all up to feel horribly guilty splitting up "friends" and getting rid of our old toys  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal