collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?  (Read 6318 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »
After watching a clip of the furry episode, and the pony episode, all I can say is this: they're demonizing fringe fandoms to get more viewership. Sure the chick was all "into" the brony culture, but they made the dude seem like a total dweeb... he wore a vague reference-y shirt, had some ponies out, and oohed and ahhed at the ponies like they were some fancy thing.... then priced them like they were each holding a gold nugget in their mouths. That makes bronies and pony collectors look like immature maniacs who'll pay anything to get ahold of a pony. It was embarassing, especially since I'm both a brony and a collector! And the way the guy looked at their poor recruited brony sap... like he was watching something ugly and pitiful... until he heard his over-inflated price of course. Then he hurried out of the shop.

See, I feel like they could have at least TRIED to do some kind of research and actually found someone who was both a brony and a collector.  It looks like they just went out of their way to find someone to represent brony culture who was "weird" enough to garner interest in the episode but not so eccentric that he'd lose credibility as an appraiser. Either way, I'd like to see a follow-up where they try to actually sell the ponies for that much  :silly:

Maybe they'll go onto Pawn Stars. Then they'll call in their 'expert' on MLP, and they bring in the same guy who appraised them in the first place, making everything go full circle.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 05:16:08 AM »
Except he'll give a price of half that because pawn shops value things coming in at bottom dollar and things going out a top dollar.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal