collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony New Year Goals  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Pony New Year Goals
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:17:09 AM »
Anyone been thinking about any new year resolution/goals? It's probably a little early for this but I was just going through my Collector's Inventory and started thinking about this.
For me I'm determined to find a minty Mimic for $120 or less (when the heck did this pony become a $200 dollar pony ?!). She seems to be fairly popular so I refuse to pay more than $120 for her lol wish me luck in my venture ;)
Also I'm thinking about starting to work on my Baby Sea Ponies.

What's everyone else's goals for 2015?
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony New Year Goals
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »
Wow! I like that you have such "simple" goals (by that I mean not too many or diffuse)!  :)

I have so much work left with the collection and hard to get out of the "want it all!!"-phase completely.
I do plan to try and complete my set of Euro/UK ponies in Baby Blossom Pose  and some of the US, and get atleast one of the Argie Nirvanas.
Complete my set with my four favourite Princess ponies and their accessories (and one variant, but we will see about that since they can be pricy), I have two of them and some accessories already, get four of the Big Brother/Mountain Boys I have been drooling after and hopefully their accessories, also a couple of my favourite Playtime Baby Brothers. 

This seemed like small goals for a whole year when I had first written it, like 1-2 ponies and some accessories per month. But some of them are very pricy and htf, even their accessories! :blink:
And add to that the fact that I will probably have a hard time keeping away from all other wishies during a whole year, well this could prove to be mission impossible!
But atleast it gives me a frame of what to look for and expect.  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:41:17 AM by IreneL »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:52:30 AM »
My goal is pretty simple... find wallspace where I can put them back up on display!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:31:11 AM »
Oooh I have been thinking about this.  My major goal is to find Baby Sugarcake and finally complete my US collection!  I do have a couple more:

Continue to upgrade my US collection with minty ponies
Find TE Sweet Pop and TE Galaxy MOC
Work on finishing my UK collection (I still need too many to list)
Add a few more Brazilians to my collection

These are pretty lofty goals for one year but if I only find Baby Sugarcake I will consider the year a HUGE success!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »
Hahaha well I'm really bad with the gotta have em all thing. I just try to break it up so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.
I have my "always" goals of adding whatever Nirvanas I can afford, working on my Brazilians (always doing that lol) and finding set completers are a big one. Oh and I'd love to finally finish my G3's.
My husband and I are buying a house so my pony funds will most likely shrink a lot.

Post Merge: December 07, 2014, 07:40:56 AM

Oh and I'd love to be able to buy 1 Vennie for my collection.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:40:57 AM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 08:09:13 AM »

These are pretty lofty goals for one year but if I only find Baby Sugarcake I will consider the year a HUGE success!

This is probably great, to have like "grail for 2015" (just like the rest of you also seems to have? :) )

Took it as an advice for myself.
This years "I will be super awesome pleased with the year if I can get these" is;
*Baby Liquorice
*Baby Splash (hopefully with float)
*Thundercloud
*Spiny the dragon (for UK Princess Sparkle)

Should not be impossible, mostly pricy and could use a bit of luck. (It was IMPOSSIBLE to choose just one of those! :o )

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »
I bought a grand total of one pony this year  :blush: So, eh, more than that? :silly:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »
I would like to add more so soft G1's to my herd.  I have a couple coming in on an ebay lot soon, so that's a start.

I would also like to add more Italian and Macau ponies to my herd as well as at least one new country I am thinking either Mexican, Brazilian or Greek.

Also to add one pony pal to my herd. I hear a lot about the Cutasaurus or Spunky or Creamsickle, I want to start on these!

Offline gemgemrosettes

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Rosette maker & G1 Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 12:37:54 PM »
I'd like to finish my UK collection and my grail would be a MOC Moonstone, preferably the UK version but I'm not fussy!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »
Considering I made up my whole collection so far in 2 years I am hoping to finish my wishlist!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »
I think my goals are to complete my US G1 sets that I still need only one or two ponies to complete and to complete my G3 and G3.5s.  I'm scary close on those last two, but considering I still need both Ribbons and Hearts and LSPP for G3s, I'm not too sure if I'll just have to settle for close enough or not.  I mean, it can't be my fault for not achieving the goal if I never find them available... right?

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »
My 2015 pony goal is to only buy:
- new character, regular size brushable ponies
- new character blind bag/mini figures
- regular non-variant Funko vinyls
- characters I really like, not just for completion sake
- merch. that I have a real need for and will actually use

This is going be so hard particularly once pics surface of the Coco FS pony or if the SDCC pony is a FS pony. I'm just going to hope any new character Fashion Styles make it to regular size form eventually or that I'll see them and feel ok without them. I'm really trying to keep my collection focused and under control.

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »
  I'm scary close on those last two, but considering I still need both Ribbons and Hearts and LSPP for G3s, I'm not too sure if I'll just have to settle for close enough or not.  I mean, it can't be my fault for not achieving the goal if I never find them available... right?

I think it is only you that can hold yourself accountable for not making your goals!  :cool:
If you really want them this year, it could be considered a challenge to find new ways to possibly find them.
I find goals are more rewarding when accomplished if you go that extra mile to "work on it" and try find new ways.
So well, only you can choose how you want to do it and what to be satisfied with! I myself would only be satisfied if I really had felt I did my very best and some more. (Because sure, you can be satisfied with an effort and not the result.)

DonĀ“t tell my boss I wrote that last part. According to him the results are always a mirror of the effort. That is dung, I tell ya! It can take very different amount of time to see result from effort, for different people and different situations.

kittyberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
i'm less of a set completer unless i like the entire set, so my goal for next year is going to only buy ponies i like (other than shs ponies, since i literally love all of them). i definitely would like to at least save up once for my first bigger purchase nirvana pony, hopefully an argie rockin' beat, night light, or vene posey. i also have never had the chance to sell anything, but have collected up a good handful of things to sell, so i'm looking forward to having the chance to make a bit of extra money for once.   

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 02:20:20 PM »
I want to buy the last TE I need. I want to get the last Summerwing of the set and find as many HK/China variants as I can. I hope to make some TE Daddies and babies so more of my ponies can be families. I hope to have luck to find a Nirvana boy for something I can pay. These are a few of my goals. They most assuredly will change as I think on it more.  :P
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal