collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you still buying G4?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: Are you still buying G4?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:00 AM »
Yep, love G4, currently grabbing EQG's for wrapping under the Christmas tree for myself.  Not keen on Funko's, I find them overpriced, especially this multitude of variants. I may grab a Pinkie for my army, but that's it.  I'll occasionally pick up a couple of blindbags, but not too crazy about set completing those.  basically, if I can brush it, I'll buy it LOL!!!
I'm curious: How much are Funko figures where you live? I see a lot of people complain about their prices, but I feel like I'm in the minority with thinking their prices are fair. Then again, I'm not sure if the prices are super high in other countries or what...

You can get them for $12 in a lot of places around here, like Walmart. Hot Topic is the only place where they tend to be overpriced, but I only buy them from there with Hot Cash during their pre-order periods. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a Funko pony from there.

Cheapest here is about $19 without shipping. You also have to wait a long time and you can't pick one yourself. (It's an online store.)
There is also no chance of it being a glitter because last time i checked they sell the glitters separately for a higher price.
I went to a convention last week and some of the regular funko ponies were being sold for more than $30.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
I've been curious about some of the prototypes, but I haven't bought any G4 in ages. I actually haven't bought ponies in general.
I have my eye on a few missing Poseys, though.  :blush:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »
Yes, funko and brushables mostly ,some blind bags here and there as well, recently I added Octavia Pony ( sold the doll) ,photofinish,Nurse Red heart, FS pinkie and RD, Celestia and Luna walmart exclusives :),the snow globe ponies as well,just added Funko Spitfire glitter too.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
Cheapest here is about $19 without shipping. You also have to wait a long time and you can't pick one yourself. (It's an online store.)
There is also no chance of it being a glitter because last time i checked they sell the glitters separately for a higher price.
I went to a convention last week and some of the regular funko ponies were being sold for more than $30.
Wow. Then I totally understand not wanting to get Funko figures if it's like that in other countries.

I know here you have a 1 in 24 chance of getting a glitter if you pre-order through Hot Topic when they have them up. There's also the chance of being able to buy a glitter in store, and it'll cost the same as a regular figure if you do that. I've gotten lucky a few times and found glitters in the store. I don't pay more than $50 online for a glitter, and I've only paid more than $50 for glitter Bon Bon because she's impossible to find. I've also been to a few conventions where I've seen the glitters going for around $60.
Instagram / Want List

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 02:35:34 AM »
Wow. Then I totally understand not wanting to get Funko figures if it's like that in other countries.

I know here you have a 1 in 24 chance of getting a glitter if you pre-order through Hot Topic when they have them up. There's also the chance of being able to buy a glitter in store, and it'll cost the same as a regular figure if you do that. I've gotten lucky a few times and found glitters in the store. I don't pay more than $50 online for a glitter, and I've only paid more than $50 for glitter Bon Bon because she's impossible to find. I've also been to a few conventions where I've seen the glitters going for around $60.

Here in Australia the Funko figures are about $25, I think the Pops are around $20, I've seen minis but not checked the price. For reference a regular brushable is $10, a fashion style or design-a-pony is $20 and a styling size/zilla is $20-25. Funkos are also not available in any regular retailers. The only places I've seen them is one independent toy store, a bookshop, and also at those little shops that sell cigarettes and tons of bootleg anime merchandise.

I suppose for the size of the figure it is a manageable price, but if you value brushable hair, turnable heads and accessories, then they're a bit pricey for the simplicity. Add in the lack of availability and sloppy quality control, and I've stopped collecting them all together. I've never seen a glitter in store either and have no idea if they would be available at all.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »
Just customs, and if I see a neat variant or prototype, I'd get it (although I haven't been looking in a long time so the chances of that happening are slim).

Of course if the Snowglobe ponies ever make it to my target, I will for sure get those too- they are SO CUTE!  Also, I will probably be tempted to get the updated FS AJ since I missed out the first time... and probably that Daisy one too, just because then I'll have the full set of FS ponies (somewhere).

I also buy the Funkos, at least the vinyls and the minis (although am getting a little bored of the same pose). I was trying to get the glitters, but now I have way too many Funko ponies so haven't been trying so hard lately. If I see a good deal on one, I'll probably still get it, but my interest is waning. The vinyls take up a lot of space...

Oh, and of course I couldn't resist those nurse ponies. I used to be a registered nurse, and my mom and both sisters still are- how could I resist buying a truckload of those?

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »
wait, by g4's do you mean eg too?
cuz well i buy the eg and bb. and if they make a flash sentry brushable, i'd buy him, but otherwise, the brushables hold less interest.

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2014, 07:11:10 AM »
I do buy blind bags because I want certain characters. What comes to brushables only if I need a custom base. I usually buy two of same kind, just in case.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2014, 07:34:42 AM »
Still waiting for a new wave of new character G4 brushable singles! (Not packaged with a mane six or eg doll!)

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
I am, if it's a new character that I  really feel I need or a design I think I can't live without (like the glittery Pinkie, lol). :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
I am, if it's a new character that I  really feel I need or a design I think I can't live without (like the glittery Pinkie, lol). :)

It's pretty much the same with me. I'm slowly starting to collect EQG again, but I'm still working on getting the mane six. I'd like to have all the characters eventually but I don't know if that will happen.

So yeah, new characters, designs I really like, and anything I can get for my Fluttershy army.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »
Well i dont know what they are called but to me they remind me of the dream beauties of g1. there is the evil princess with the (crooked horn) and then princess lunas evil form i finally picked up this year along with princess Celestica white version.

On top of that i dont know. i collect the odd ponies. Such as... the butterfly winged ones.

Um cups/glasses. I have been trying to collect funko ponies from hot topic.
Compared to years before yeaj i slowed way down. :(

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal