collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me ponies that became/played the part of boys  (Read 2283 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Show me ponies that became/played the part of boys
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »
So Shaiyeh and I did an art trade and she had Tuneful in her list of favorite ponies. Shaiyeh stated that Tuneful was always a boy in her eyes and if that was one of the ponies I chose to draw if I could draw him as a boy. Well I did (I would post it but she hasn't gotten the cards yet so I want her to be the first to see him, I'll post it once she confirms they arrive) and it got me thinking about the other posts I've seen floating around where people ask to see your makeshift pony families ect. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a post one time about girl ponies playing parts as boys but I would like to start a new one!

So if you don't mind, show me ponies (fanart, whatever you like) That you have that were sold as girls but you made into boys, pretended they were boys, or filled the acting role of boys. Now I find myself wanting Tuneful because I see him as a bad boy rock star :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

suuuup ladies?!
So show me some ponies please!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:28:18 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Show me ponies that became/played the part of boys
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
I like to think of my Princess Rinse n Spit as Prince Rinse n Spit. He chills with the princesses in the Dream Castle!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
Daddy Sunbright is in the Shady pose but he was marketed as male of course. Made me think of Shady as maybe like George Michael in Wham! But then I didn't watch too many cartoons so I don't have a definite idea what her personality is like. Gender bending is fun!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
I honestly never differentiated in my childhood herd - everyone was either gender neutral or a girl. I think its so cute all  the different reasons people make certain ponies boys! Cant wait to read more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:35:36 PM »
When I was little I played with my cousin's Gusty and she was always a HE. I know she was a girl in the show and she was kind of a mean girl to say the least. When I played with my sister's Gusty he was such a sweet boy. :3 I need to draw male Gusty.....

trying my hand at digital art on dA muro. Ya'll digital is much harder than my traditional pen and paper!

Dunno why I saw Gusty as a boy but I did, and still do to an extent
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:04:02 PM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
when i  was grwoing up Kingsley and Sparkler were the boys in my herd.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »
When I inherited my Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket from a cousin, they both came to me with cropped manes and tails :cry: I think the combination of the pose and haircuts made me think of them as boys.  :P

I also had quite a few babies that I decided were boys, like Splash and Stargaze. I always though it was a bit sad that the boys were so vastly outnumbered (heck, I still feel sad about that!).
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
In my herd, G1 Skydancer has always been a boy. He's Starshine's older brother, a brash stallion with an interest in surfing and songwriting. I never knew why I saw 'him' that way, it must have been the coloration or hairstyle. XD
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
When I inherited my Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket from a cousin, they both came to me with cropped manes and tails :cry: I think the combination of the pose and haircuts made me think of them as boys.  :P

I also had quite a few babies that I decided were boys, like Splash and Stargaze. I always though it was a bit sad that the boys were so vastly outnumbered (heck, I still feel sad about that!).

:O Do you still have them with their cropped manes and tails?! I'd love to see them!

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
Speedy is my boy, not really sure why, but he was always close with my Sweet Stuff.  He also has a bit of a mane cut from my backyard barber parlor.  And yep, I've still got him :)

Love these kinds of threads, memories!

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:29 PM »
When I was little, I had a bunch of babies, and a bunch of dainty posed ponies. I also had Merry Treats. Since my other "adult" ponies were dainty posed, I thought that Merry Treats was a boy because she was bigger. I always played with her as a boy.

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 01:45:40 AM »
For me Gypsy was my boy pony (I named him Max). I think because (as far as I remember) most of my ponies were white or lightly coloured so I made the darkest coloured pony male. He was always trying to win Majesty's favour by going on quests to get the hand (hoof?) of her daughter Starshine

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »
For me Gypsy was my boy pony (I named him Max). I think because (as far as I remember) most of my ponies were white or lightly coloured so I made the darkest coloured pony male. He was always trying to win Majesty's favour by going on quests to get the hand (hoof?) of her daughter Starshine

Awesome story!!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 07:16:18 AM »
When I was little I played with my cousin's Gusty and she was always a HE. I know she was a girl in the show and she was kind of a mean girl to say the least. When I played with my sister's Gusty he was such a sweet boy. :3 I need to draw male Gusty.....

Dunno why I saw Gusty as a boy but I did...

Well he was a boy in Italy :) So perhaps you were just international thinking :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »

Dunno why I saw Gusty as a boy but I did...

I always thought gusty was a boy too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal