collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2014, 04:15:25 AM »
To add to what goddessofpeep was saying:  I haven't met the Delaneys in person, but I've bought some things from them and chatted with Jeanne a few times over email.  (Jeanne is the mom of the family and the major collector.)  When she holds a sale, I think she just deals in soooooo many ponies that she doesn't describe them carefully in her listings, and it's caused some problems in the past.  So you can get a really good deal from her sometimes, or you may end up with a pony that has some flaws you weren't counting on.  I'd say she seems super nice (she sent me a free Applause plushie once), and she's a rock star among collectors, and she wouldn't hide flaws on purpose.  But she's just too busy to be detail-oriented about her sales, so you have to kind of keep this in mind when you buy from her.

I can confirm that she has a large family (the kids help collect too) and also real horses, so it's a busy household (sounds like fun too!).  She did drop out of collecting for several years (maybe about a decade?) when she was too busy raising the kids to be active, and didn't have space anyway.  She's been around for the last few years though and is collecting again, but she sold off most of her MOC's about a year ago on Ebay (she said they just took up too much space).

I remember she made a post here (or on the old Arena) when she got her ponies out of storage and started collecting again.  I'm sure there was a pic of her new pony room, but I can't find it now.

I remember the early days of Ebay; the Delaneys won a lot of the time, but there were 4 major collectors:

the Delaneys (especially Jeanne)
Helen Kiker (who passed away a few years ago; the Delaneys bought her collection, kept some, and sold the rest)
our own stormy, who as we know sold her collection, though I wouldn't be surprised if she's holding on to a few gems  ;)
potatomonkeys, who sold her collection

I was in college at the time and mostly watched from the sidelines, but I think those were the major ones 15-20 yrs ago.  But in the mean time I think a lot of other people have built up very impressive collections too, so I'm also curious about who are the biggest collectors of today.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:09 AM »
I missed the Delaney's but bought some gems from both Stormy & Potatomonkeys

It's a shame its a question we'll never know the answer too there are probably some amazing hidden collections owned by people not part of the community

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal