collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline RobynGraves

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »
It's interesting to see so many collectors downsizing their numbers. When I was really active in the community 7+ years ago, I feel like everyone was all about bulking up and collecting as many as they could get their hands on! Of course, there's nothing wrong with either way of collecting, but those giant collections do blow me away sometimes.

My own collection is rather small, about 150 only counting G1 ponies that are not included in my sales bin (which has probably another 100+ more G1 and G3) or my few plushies or other merch. But that number does include doubles, cause I think that counts. I could never have a massive collections, like approaching the 1000's, I would like to eventually have one of every USA/UK release pony and hopefully some cool Nirvanas someday!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my avatar and Nence for my sig!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »
Well I have five hundred and something... so there!  :dance2:

I consider my collection a mid-sized one, as it contains all gens, none of which are anywhere near complete. At one stage I was tempted to trade out my g4's, but I pulled them out, and then after seeing them again I had to keep them! Not to mention now I have a few sentimental additions to the herd from G4, like white celestia, my FS princesses and some blind bags that hubby got for special occasions. They have to stay, and if I kept any I'd just recollect all of them again (probably for higher prices) so it would be pointless anyway!

As for numbers, you could have a few hundred Pinkie Pies or Rainbow Dashes if you were set on the largest pony collection ever, but it's all about how each person wants to collect, not who's winning I guess. Like I just downsized my ponyvilles, because I had 6 different pinkies! Yes they were different, but I just picked one, and put the rest in the sales bin, because I didn't think that keeping them all was essential to my style of collecting, but for someone, those different variations may be important, and they might count them as individual ponies on their tally.

For now I just collect what I like, but who knows? Someday that may be complete, and then I might stop, or I might move on to completing the sets, or nirvanas... or customs. I'll do what's right for me and my situation at that time, and the biggest numbers won't have a say in that for me.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »
I would love to know what the numbers are for the top 10 largest collections on the arena and whats in them. Just for curiosity. :)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
I don't know how many I have x.X  Mine are scattered all over the place...here at home and at two different storage's...

When I do manage to get them counted, I'd probably count my customs and doubles. Then count my merch and such separately. Then make a tally of all the MLP stuff I have...to get my total?

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
At the height for my collecting I was well over 1000... but that was complete G1 US/Euro, loads of nirvanas, variants, near complete G2 collection (I was missing under 10), near complete g3 collection. I now am under 100, lol.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
At the height for my collecting I was well over 1000... but that was complete G1 US/Euro, loads of nirvanas, variants, near complete G2 collection (I was missing under 10), near complete g3 collection. I now am under 100, lol.
Wow , how did you do it ? all the g2's gone?   :cry: :cry: :cry:
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

AlmostApplejack

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »
I'd like to add that there is the possibility of multiple armies in the collections too, and they probably count each individual one, instead of just one of each pony they have. They could count customs in their collection account too! So that's another thing to consider!

When I have my own place, I want to move my ponies and Sonic the hedgehog collection to another room and keep it separate from my bedroom, because the amount of ponies that I have been getting are a little overwhelming (the colors and just the fact that there are so many physical items in my not-so-huge room)

Just wondering, are there any pictures of the ponies from the Delany's collection? This is the first I've heard about them!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »
I'd like to add that there is the possibility of multiple armies in the collections too, and they probably count each individual one, instead of just one of each pony they have. They could count customs in their collection account too! So that's another thing to consider!

When I have my own place, I want to move my ponies and Sonic the hedgehog collection to another room and keep it separate from my bedroom, because the amount of ponies that I have been getting are a little overwhelming (the colors and just the fact that there are so many physical items in my not-so-huge room)

Just wondering, are there any pictures of the ponies from the Delany's collection? This is the first I've heard about them!
just did a google on Delaney  , negative links came up, banned from MLTP.net  ???
  after offenses and violations ,wow drama from 2011, I guess I do not care to see  their collection after all  LOL

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »

just did a google on Delaney  , negative links came up, banned from MLTP.net  ???
  after offenses and violations ,wow drama from 2011, I guess I do not care to see  their collection after all  LOL

I also tried to look up the site and its not working. 

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 05:30:39 AM »
The Delaneys were THE major collectors back in the day.  They also hosted what was the largest pony meet in the community at the time(Ponypalooza - it would be a few years before the Fair got going) for two years.  Not long after the Ponypalooza in 2000 they started to back off from the community.  I don't know why exactly.  Nothing sinister at the time that I'm aware of, they just had other priorities. 

A few years later the popped back up again.  Another *major* collector who I mentioned in a previous post had fallen ill, and wanted to sell off her collection.  She had the Delaneys list the stuff on ebay.  They were selling off that collection for several years with no problems, but I guess they got overwhelmed or something and started having issues.  I'm guessing they just didn't have time, and things got confusing at home.  When I saw them in 2000, they had like 7 kids with another one on the way.  I'd guess they dropped out of the community originally due to just being crazy busy with such a large family.  Things just went downhill, and it all went wrong.  They got listed as bad/problem sellers, and you don't see them around anymore.  I bought from them several times over the years, and always had a good experience.  It was a sad day when they got put on the bad trader list. 

I will say that I met the entire family in person.  Bill in particular was a very nice man, and extremely kind and helpful to me. 

I may have a few pictures of the Delaney's collection room somewhere.  No idea where.  Maybe one day I'll find them.  I can remember the room very well though.  The entire room was lined with floor to ceiling shelves absolutely crammed with ponies.  In the center was a column of shelves that also reached up to the ceiling.  It was large enough to host the entire Paradise Estate and several other playsets on one shelf.  The PE was filled with ponies dressed up in all the different ponywear outfits, and all the playsets were out in full display on that column of shelves.  Any shelf that wasn't filled with playsets and ponies "frolicking" was covered in rows upon rows of ponies.   I couldn't tell you how many ponies I saw in that room.  It looked like all of them to me at the time:p   They were also major buyers of MOC ponies, and there were tons of those all over the place. 

I think they bought an entire cache of old store stock from Chile at one point.  They had hundreds of MOCs for sale for bargain basement prices.  I got a MIP Dance 'n Prance from them for like $18 once.  They had boxes of them for sale for a while.  They took us on a tour of the house at Ponypalooza.  In one room was the collection room.  In the master bedroom was the "sales" room. The *entire* room was completely covered in MOC ponies for sale.  The bed, the floor, the dresser...it was a MOC pony explosion, and it was all for sale!  Mixed in with the MOC ponies were loose ones for sale too.  There was just a path around the room, and you could wander around and go shopping as much as you wanted.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:39:44 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Stargaze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Land
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »
I'm also curious about who has the largest collection. I wonder if anyone has 2000+ ponies.

I have 1350+ but stopped collecting in 2009 because I got bored by the core 7 ponies and since 2010 I can't afford buying lots of ponies anymore. Since then I've only bought a couple of G4s.
Back then I had the biggest collection in the Netherlands, but I'm pretty sure someone else has much more ponies by now, because her collection kept growing and growing (I don't remember her MLP Arena name).

Wow, the Delaneys house sounds like pony paradise, would love to see photos!
For information about G1 + G2 + G3: Visit MLP Land 
~*~ My Wish List ~*~  :rainbow: ~*~ MLP Land Sales Albums ~*~

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 01:47:55 PM »
I have *somewhere* over 1100 ponies - can't tell you the exact number right now because the site I use to catalogue my collection is down atm *pokes the Ponydex with a stick*
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »
I think I'm at around 1,600 because I have a lot of Nirvanas, collect all 4 gens, and I do count blind bags/petites/dream beauties. I only have 3 doubles that I do count for personal/nostalgic reasons, and 4 customs as well.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 04:17:32 PM »
I am going out on a limb here and say John Stamos has the largest collection. He has been secretly collecting for years. Why do you think he is doing all these yogurt commercials as of late? He has to fund his collection somehow. And have you ever wonder why the character of "Uncle Jesse" brushed and obsessed over his hair so much? Yes, he was missing his ponies!  ;) :biggrin:

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:42 AM »
LOL Olumevasti :biggrin:                                                                                                                 I would want to know who has not the biggest, but the most valuable collection?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:44:09 AM by aniko79 »
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal