collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
That article about Sarah-Bee was unusually positive- more often the interest seems to be in revealing a collector in a negative/sensationalist way.

Also- as nice as that article was, there were a number of comments that were really unpleasant originally.  I see that they have been deleted now, which is great- but I think not all collectors can take the random abuse of strangers who see collecting as hoarding and worse.

Tbh I didnt actually notice the comments was too busy staring at all those ponies  :biggrin:
I think here in the UK though it is a more positive attitude never seen anything negative here (but that might just be because I havent seen it but I do watch news regularly)

Anyway back to topic I think it would be interesting to know who had the most (even if it was just the number we found out and not the name) just to be like omg I wish I could have that amount hehe & of course would love to see all those pretty pony pictures  ^.^
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
I am figuring out my number now but I don't think I compare to some of you!!

Numbers don't really count :) Some of the most awesome collections are small numbers but awesome selections of ponies. And unless you collect doubles and every generation it is actually hard to get up to over 1000 ponies. I have complete US and UK/Euro collections plus a large nirvana collection and I dont get to the figures a lot of people have. If you love your collection then that is all that matters - the more ponies doesnt really mean too much in the grander scheme...at least in my opinion [although it is pretty cool to see all those ponies together in one place :)]

Thank God someone has said this, I love seeing people say they have 3000 G1 ponies when... the numbers aren't really there...

I have the largest collection in my area, LOL a town of 600 people! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »
I guess I just wanted to see somebody say I have over 10,000 ponies and here are the pictures!! Haha!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
There was a lady who appeared on the UK News, she said she had 7700 !!!:)
that is the largest number i have ever heard .
maybe i need to be corrected and she said a lesser number !
does anyone have any reference :)?
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
There was a  collector on here that was on tv last year. I cant remember who it was,but it was a great show. Very positive as well. Its a show where they go to collectors of different things and appraise their collections. ...

Extreme collectors season 1 episode 8 "Cadillac ranch"

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 07:28:27 PM »
People count all different things though, as is why Cat said numbers don't really mean all that much,  - you can count every blind bag, every trading card, every piece of merch and probably easily get to 7700 or more items between all the gens...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
That is true but I guess I should rephrase who has the most ponies in the world.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:18:29 PM by snwbear24 »

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
I'm one of those small collection people, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  While I find massive collections truly impressive, in the dedication it takes, to me its very overwhelming, and something that would never work for me.  My collection takes up just a corner of my room, though I have vaulted ceilings, so that stand for them is something like 9ft tall. . .  << >> 

I just culled out another 10 ponies, and I'll soon have all my sale ponies and those out the door and in someone's hands to appreciate.  Something like 50 ponies altogether.  Of course, I'll soon have more, but for me it's a constant trade in and trade out.  I only collect what I like best and the rares and such, and that goes for everything.  I don't have to have them all, I'd rather have a few ponies who mean a lot to me than a huge amount that I can't even remember all of what I have.  I'm down to all of my favorites now, in my ponies and my dolls, and I'm currently working on thinning my kimono collection.  Just hard on that because a lot of it I wear for dance and I feel like I need so many of them! 

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:42 PM »
i have..  440 ponys roughly.give or take.  but that is of  course coutning every single pony    as 1. (including the   collector sets) it is  arather small colelction but i'm happy with it ^^   i  get  extras of a few i kno are harder tog et     or i think peopel migh twan then i  trade.  or sell.   i also love merch.  i love having them all throughout  my room!  but i agree reguardlss of the   amount or size.. that isnt what matters..

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
i have..  440 ponys roughly.give or take.  but that is of  course coutning every single pony    as 1. (including the   collector sets) it is  arather small colelction but i'm happy with it ^^   i  get  extras of a few i kno are harder tog et     or i think peopel migh twan then i  trade.  or sell.   i also love merch.  i love having them all throughout  my room!  but i agree reguardlss of the   amount or size.. that isnt what matters..

Rather small?

When I was talking small, I was talking under 100.  Having 400 different items, in this case, ponies, is hardly a small collection! 

Mine hovers between 50-75!  Any more and I get twitchy!  Maybe when I have a bigger place, I'll increase, but I could never see myself having anymore than 200.  At largest, I maybe had 175, but that was for a very short time and a lot of that was from buying up lots and then going to a meet and buying -everything- or so it felt like! 

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
I have nearly 500 in fakies alone. Wish my ponies were unpacked from my move so I could count.

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:26 PM »
I would also love to know! Partially because I'd like to know where I stand in the list, LOL. I'm at just over 1,600 ponies now. I count Hasbro-produced toys (so not McDs or Funkos, etc) but also not plushies (I have several dozen of those though). I can't imagine how long it would take to count all the individual items in my collection. I don't think I'd even want to try.

I was interviewed on Osaka Jack's show Into The Spotlight, where at the time I thought I was in the top 5. I hadn't accounted for how long ago I saw some folks posting numbers and how many ponies folks can accumulate over even just a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdByrA-3EaA
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure the 'first' giant collection would have been the one owned by the Delaneys, they had TONS of MOC/MIP as well as loose, including Nirvanas, at the time when piggies were still fakies, haha!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:30 PM »
Anyway, more-or-less, how many different ponies are there across the generations? This would tell us how big it is possible to get.

I for one am pretty sure, that my collection is the biggest on my street, because it's the only one - big fish in small pond, ya know^^
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 07:04:03 AM »
I would also love to know! Partially because I'd like to know where I stand in the list, LOL. I'm at just over 1,600 ponies now. I count Hasbro-produced toys (so not McDs or Funkos, etc) but also not plushies (I have several dozen of those though). I can't imagine how long it would take to count all the individual items in my collection. I don't think I'd even want to try.

I was interviewed on Osaka Jack's show Into The Spotlight, where at the time I thought I was in the top 5. I hadn't accounted for how long ago I saw some folks posting numbers and how many ponies folks can accumulate over even just a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdByrA-3EaA

I am listening to your interview right now while I put my list together lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal