collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Like it says in the title is there a place where it says who has the largest my little pony collection in the world?? Like is it in the Guinness Worlds Records or something? I am so curious on how many they have!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody know who has the biggest collection in the world?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
Hmmmm...interesting question. Over time there have been more and more collectors with bigger and bigger collections. As time passes the possibilities just increase. Unless every single person who had a collection was to post how many they have I dont think we would ever know for certain and even then not every pony collector is on forums or on the Arena specifically. So assuming every member here was to post how many they have, then that would only potentially give you the largest collection on the Arena rather than the largest collection anywhere :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
Not me, so you can cross one name off the list. :P I only have about 800 ponies.

I'm interested, though. Even though I get madly jealous at the sight of huge collections, they're really awe inspiring too.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »
I just would think somebody with the largest would get interviewed since my little pony is sooo popular. Hmmm

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
Oh I would love to know what is the biggest collection out there!

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »
I only have about 800 ponies.

Only 800??  :snicker:

There was an article in the newspaper a while back about a UK collector who had over a thousand, but then one of the attendees behind us in the queue at last year's UK Ponycon was from Finland and had over 1,300!  :biggrin:

Paul

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
I just would think somebody with the largest would get interviewed since my little pony is sooo popular. Hmmm

We have had people join the Arena in an attempt to seek out interview subjects in the past but people here have largely been rightfully nervous or reluctant. While it is possible to get some positives out of such articles/interviews/shows, it often can cause more pain or upset than its worth as well as lead to some ridicule. And I think with the new fandom people also jump to conclusions when it comes to pony collecting and who and what you are.  So I think thats largely why people dont do it.

However that being said I know a couple of members with really large collections have happily been interviewed over the years so perhaps they will be happy to share the links with them if they spot this thread.
Loa is my love god!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »

We have had people join the Arena in an attempt to seek out interview subjects in the past but people here have largely been rightfully nervous or reluctant. While it is possible to get some positives out of such articles/interviews/shows, it often can cause more pain or upset than its worth as well as lead to some ridicule. And I think with the new fandom people also jump to conclusions when it comes to pony collecting and who and what you are.  So I think thats largely why people dont do it.

However that being said I know a couple of members with really large collections have happily been interviewed over the years so perhaps they will be happy to share the links with them if they spot this thread.

Oh I know. People love to use the anonymity of the Internet to say awful things and assume things about people, and I've seen MLP collectors be the butt of some ignorant comments about not having a life, being a loser, etc. Ugh! :( Yeah, I can see why some would be reluctant to be interviewed, at least by a press that likes to sensationalize.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 04:17:28 PM »
I am figuring out my number now but I don't think I compare to some of you!!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »
I no i have seen an article here in the uk about a pony collector, ill look in a sec think it was on the guardian website

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »

Numbers don't really count :) Some of the most awesome collections are small numbers but awesome selections of ponies. And unless you collect doubles and every generation it is actually hard to get up to over 1000 ponies. I have complete US and UK/Euro collections plus a large nirvana collection and I dont get to the figures a lot of people have. If you love your collection then that is all that matters - the more ponies doesnt really mean too much in the grander scheme...at least in my opinion [although it is pretty cool to see all those ponies together in one place :)]
Loa is my love god!

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
 :biggrin: I just found the article I meant and correct me if im wrong but if I am right its Sarah-Bee?  :biggrin: I found the article back in august so wasnt on here then & hadnt brought from Sarah back then either  ^.^ I am sure her collection must of grown since this was written/filmed hehe :lol:

Article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2118633/My-Little-Ponys-biggest-fan-dedicated-Pony-Room-1-000-strong-collection-worth-20-000.html
Video - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-17668955

Post Merge: March 19, 2014, 04:45:13 PM

Numbers don't really count :) Some of the most awesome collections are small numbers but awesome selections of ponies. And unless you collect doubles and every generation it is actually hard to get up to over 1000 ponies. I have complete US and UK/Euro collections plus a large nirvana collection and I dont get to the figures a lot of people have. If you love your collection then that is all that matters - the more ponies doesnt really mean too much in the grander scheme...at least in my opinion [although it is pretty cool to see all those ponies together in one place :)]

Hehe yeah I agree small collections can also be awesome collections, I do love seeing all of them together though  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:45:13 PM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
That article about Sarah-Bee was unusually positive- more often the interest seems to be in revealing a collector in a negative/sensationalist way.

Also- as nice as that article was, there were a number of comments that were really unpleasant originally.  I see that they have been deleted now, which is great- but I think not all collectors can take the random abuse of strangers who see collecting as hoarding and worse.

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »
I think it also deoends on what you define by collection. Are you talking about just ponies or merchandise or other really cool pony related stuff? Because I know some people on here are very big merch collectors.

I have about 200 ponies, all G1 plus lots of playsets and random merchandise. But I temporaryily stopped collecting 3 years ago because of my city's massive earthquake, plus most of my ponies are bought overseas as New Zealand doesn't (or didn't when I was collecting) have much in the way of G1 ponies.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Miss Violet

• Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
I agree with hathorcat:

Numbers don't really count :) Some of the most awesome collections are small numbers but awesome selections of ponies.
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal