collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It has finally happened! G4 Halloween costumes!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
It has finally happened! G4 Halloween costumes!
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »
Okay firstly, sorry if this has been posted before. I did a check and didn't see any threads about this, but I could have missed it.

Near my town there's a store, Spirit Halloween, that only appears a couple of months a year, right before Halloween. For the past two years I've had a blast walking through their warehouse and looking at all the decorations and costumes! In the kids section I always keep an eye out for pony costumes, but always came away disappointed. (Seriously, why does Monster High get like a million costumes and there were even Littlest Pet Shop costumes! get on the ball, Hasbro.)

...Until this weekend, my disappointment ended! My first spotting of a G4 costume, Rainbow Dash! Link:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/di-rainbow-dash-tv-4-6t1/?w=my%20little%20pony&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:my%20little%20pony

...okay, I didn't say it was a good costume. :P But it is a costume nonetheless!

And it looks like they also have on their website a Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle in slightly different style (character is printed on the dress rather than on a headband you wear, and you get pony ears!)

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/di-twilight-sparkle-child-md/?w=my%20little%20pony&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:my%20little%20pony

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/di-pinkie-pie-child-md/?w=my%20little%20pony&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:my%20little%20pony

Anyway, even though they're not the best, they're comparable to other licensed girls costumes and they do have a cuteness to them. So I just wanted to share my find with the Arena! ^.^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: It has finally happened! G4 Halloween costumes!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
I swear to the great beaver in the sky that rules over Canada if I see boy costumes that actually look like ponies for sale I'm going to make the world's biggest frowny face.

(not to rain on your parade, Dragonflitter. I just saw this post after viewing [censored]no sexist halloween costumes on tumblr that does a boy and girl costume comparison. SO BAD TIMING on my part I'm sorry)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:34:18 PM by Rosencrantz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »
I saw those online a while ago.  There is also this cute Cadance girl costume:
http://www.buycostumes.com/My-Little-Pony-Canterlot-Royal-Wedding-Dress-Child-Costume/802482/ProductDetail.aspx
SO ADORABLE!

Unfortunately I have seen skeezy adult costumes of the main 6 (including not-quite cutie marks), plus some generic skanky unicorn costumes... (not linking them all, just a few representative samples).
http://www.yandy.com/Rainbow-Pony-Costume.php
http://www.yandy.com/Sexy-White-Unicorn-Costume-.php - I think Rarity would be most offended out of all of the ponies.  "How dare they make it so.... cheap!"

I shouldn't be surprised - I mean, MLP is popular and they are skanky costumes of anything that's popular, but...

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
*Sigh*. Why does everything for grown up ladies have to be skanky?  That Cadence consume is super cute!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
I won't lie.  If I weighed less, I would TOTALLY wear that "white unicorn" outfit!  That is GORGEOUS! 

*eta*
OMG I just saw the Applejack costume as well.  Holy cow that is precious!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:45:34 PM by Pinkie21 »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »
It would be nice if they made a pony costume that actually looked like a pony costume that is for sure. 

I think I saw the rainbow dash little girls one come out at least last year, but I even have a feeling it may have been the year before, because I remember thinking that it was pretty impressive they'd released the costume so close to the show starting.  I do like the dresses for the little girls ones.  I would actually buy those for my daughter just as a dress.  :P 

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
Cute, but totally impractical for the semi-frozen North that will be SD in a couple of weeks.  Just need a cutie mark on the sweat pants and Mouse Dash is ready for candy.  And, she can wear it to school without the tail/ears.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »
I am wearing this one:  http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=225351&keywords=pony

Not skanky in the least. I'm just going to add a tail, and there I go!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:32:13 PM »
It may just be me lol but if I had the figure to carry them off I would happily try out that white unicorn outfit I think its cute [although maybe a little cold :P]

And the Cadance wedding costume is adorable!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
I wish they made costumes that were for colder weather, I live in SD and its always freezing in the evenings. I do think they are all cute looking :)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
It may just be me lol but if I had the figure to carry them off I would happily try out that white unicorn outfit I think its cute [although maybe a little cold :P]

And the Cadance wedding costume is adorable!

I would too.  Perfect for Halloween in Australia.  :P  I don't think it would be bad here in San Diego either.  I don't really feel calling them trashing is fair.  People can wear what they want.  I just also wish they had stuff for people who wanted to look more like ponies.

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
That Cadence costume is so sweet! It feels really silly when some of the other costumes have the image of the characters on them, but this one is a lot like the human MLP cosplays people do.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
I dunno when it comes to the interestingcostumes sometimes it does make me sigh, but I realize why they sell them. I think typically around here older adults do not dress up as much. Usually it's the kids of course and then older teens or college kids going to parties ect. Those costumes appeal to that age range typically? I know something I would like to wear that is a bit more covering my sister would never wear to the parties she attends.  They don't look terrible probably just need some changes...those hooves though make me giggle. I think someone would do better with some sort of knee high socks/leg warmers and gloves than that. :lol:

The kids outfits are pretty cute. Were they up on Toys R Us? I thought i saw them around before.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
I swear to the great beaver in the sky that rules over Canada if I see boy costumes that actually look like ponies for sale I'm going to make the world's biggest frowny face.

(not to rain on your parade, Dragonflitter. I just saw this post after viewing [censored]no sexist halloween costumes on tumblr that does a boy and girl costume comparison. SO BAD TIMING on my part I'm sorry)
Lol you must be talking about the Cookie Monster post

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »

Lol you must be talking about the Cookie Monster post

I'm talking about EVERY post.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal