collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Changing Celestia's body color  (Read 576 times)

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Changing Celestia's body color
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
Has anyone tried to change the pink/lavender current body color of Princess Celestia to white?
I was wondering if there was a way somehow cause she's so pretty white but I don't want to buy the big one cause she doesn't fit the scale of the other ponies. And she's too expensive.

I didn't know if there was a way to paint her or what; some method that didn't look bad or come off easy.

So any ideas would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Celestia's body color
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
I haven't tried painting one myself, but there will be a white Celestia in the normal brushable size, if you want to wait it out and buy one. She is part of the Crystal Empire line and has been seen in a box, but is not out at stores yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »
I agree with BrightIdea - the new version of her in white will be in stores soon enough, your best plan would be simply to wait and purchase that version instead. She is in scale with the other brushable ponies.

You cant remove the pink per se as its pink plastic so if you dont want to buy a new one customising her with paint would be the next best step - you ll get better advise in the Customs forum on how to go about that :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 03:39:02 PM »
Doing a decent custom job is hard work, but totally worth it. I hand painted this Celestia with about 10 very thin coats of white.  Then, I realized the super bright colors on the mane and tail were pretty strange looking on the white, so they had to be painted pastel and coated with a pearly coat to get the proper shine.  The necklace was sculpted from apoxie sculpt with a real amethyst inset for the gem.  All in all, about 15 hours of work!  But, I think it's totally worth it it to have one that is in scale with the other ponies and looks accurate.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
White and yellow are the hardest paint colors to get a smooth coating with, in my experience.  I would just wait for the small sized white brushable.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »
Thank u so much for all the replies! Now that I know they are indeed going to release a smaller, white Celestia I will definitely wait. I just wasn't sure if they had planned on it. Cause yea custom work is something I'd rather not do if I can avoid it. Lol
I did see the white Celestia on eBay which may be what they will release. Right now that ones rare and way too expensive. I was surprised to see it and wonder where the person got it. But like with most things probably an early release or something.

Thanks again everyone!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal