collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you want in future generations?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want in future generations?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
Lots and lots of varied brushables! Lots of different characters, different colours, different poses, different cutie marks/symbols! And moar boys  :biggrin: But organized in themed sets, like LadyMoondancer said, otherwise it just feels like a maelstrom of ponies.

... I think I want G1s but done in G4 playful pony size/style. XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
I'd love to have G3 back, their pose variety and lovely colour patterns. But I'd also include boys and more babies and more unicorns. And please bring the symbol back on both sides.
Special Collectors and Art Ponies, unrelated to any kind of show. Pleaaaaaase.

Offline Mysticolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »
I'd like any new gens to be compatible with G4 since those are the ponies I'm enjoying collecting and customising.

I love the online pony game idea, make it like Neopets, or like The Sims Social on facebook where you can design your character's home and add items and neighbors.

We definitely need cutie marks on both flanks again!

Better playsets, give us things as good as the Show Stable, Lullaby Nursery, Kitchen etc.. 
The G4 Barn, Wedding Castle and School playsets are only really good for displaying ponies since they are basically just the fronts of the buildings with no real play features.
I've resorted to using playsets from other toylines like She-Ra, Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters, Barbie, Playmobil etc.. But it would be nice to have proper pony playsets that have the charm and playability that the 80's ones did.

Lots of male ponies! I keep having to customise my own and it takes so long to do lol.

Better distribution of merchandise, it's hard to find any characters other than the mane 6 in the UK at the moment.

Better characterisation of the toyline ponies, we have so many with cakes/pies/ice cream and other junk food cutie marks, give us more distinctive ponies with more varied talents.

It'd be nice if they started making pony fashions again for even more imaginative play options. It'd be cool to dress a pony as a cowboy, a princess, a doctor, a baker, a wizard etc...

More villains! It's awesome that they made Nightmare Moon, but it would be even better if we could have characters like Tirac, Grogar and Bray from G1 or Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings from G4 as brushables.

Themed ponies! Like maybe a Halloween gift set with a pony dressed as a vampire, a Jack-O-Lantern themed pony, a werewolf pony and a ghost pony moulded from translucent plastic. Perhaps a Wizard of Oz set or a set of ponies based on a classic fairy tale.

Updates of classic ponies, depending what character rights Hasbro still have, it'd be nice to see a more G4 styled Cotton Candy, Gusty, Skydancer, Magic Star, Tex, Barnacle, Wind Whistler etc..

More variety in the pony's faces, why can't a unicorn have the same style eyes as an earth pony instead of the more glamourous looking eyes?

More variety in the ponies colors, there are lots of pink ponies compared to other colors in the g4 line. I'd like to see a red pony or more differing shades of yellow, orange, dark blue etc.. I'd welcome more normal colors like brown and grey as well.

He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 04:20:32 AM »
I think the G4s are really cute, but they need to put out more characters and some different poses! I guess the way G4 brushables are modeled, they don't really have much flexibility when it comes to poses. Lots more fashion ponies would be nice too.

I'm not really sure what I'll do once G5 comes and if I'll continue to collect or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 05:06:48 AM »
I would like to have more colors besides pastels and pinks. Green ponies!
It would also be nice to have a line of boys. I don't know what Hasbro's adversity to boy ponies is.
Also, not more core ponies! I get so sick of waiting a long time for NEW ponies, not just re-releases.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 06:17:29 AM »
I would like their face shape to be more horse-like as it was in G1 & G3, and their eyes to be a reasonable size and not take over their whole face.  Definitely more boy ponies and a huge range of different ponies... not just the same ones re-released with a different hairstyle or accessory.
This! And boys lol

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 07:32:54 AM »
I want more ponies that we can brush and of course some male ponies to. I also think that Hasbro should make family sets again.

And of course ponies that do not have ears that look like dear and have a little more hair in there manes and tails.

And last of all...............TO NOT STOP MAKING PONIES !!!!   :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 08:23:54 AM »
Quite honestly, I have no intention of collecting after G4. I just don't think any other gen. will ever hold the same magic for me but only time will tell I suppose. :)
I fear MLP will go the way of LPS and continue to get more 'super deformed' and unrealistic or fantasy creature looking. It would be quite interesting if they opted to go more realistically styled and colored though (maybe something similar to G2 but with more realistic colors/themes). Something else that might be interesting would be if they did go a more fantasy theme route if there were more dragons and other creatures included in the line.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »
Hmmm...big difference between what I would like to see and what I think we ll see. If the current pattern is any indication, I cant help but wonder if ponies will go down the get smaller route - i.e. blind bag size and the whole line similar in scale to something like LPS rather than the traditional MLP. What I would like to see? Bigger and less stylised - I understand the new design is in vogue and I do like them but I would like my little ponies to...well...to look like little ponies!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »
If the current pattern is any indication, I cant help but wonder if ponies will go down the get smaller route - i.e. blind bag size and the whole line similar in scale to something like LPS rather than the traditional MLP.
I think you're completely right.  I'm new to collecting ponies but not new to collecting toys in general.  From what I've seen among other toylines there are two directions Hasbro can take the line.  The good news is they're not mutually exclusive- they can do both.

A lot of toys have been cheapened specifically to keep the pricepoint the same regardless of inflation.  This is why ponies have gotten smaller and I suspect this also why later G4 brushables lack forelocks.

The other alternative is to raise the price.  This is my preferred option because I'd rather have the quality remain the same, but I understand why toy companies are so reluctant to do so.  They're primarily toys and parents are much more likely to spend $5 on a toy than $10.

But the nice thing is they can do both.  We've seen ponies marketed towards adults before- the Comic Con exclusives and the Fan Favorites set being great examples.  And that may be where the line heads in the future- the regular line gets smaller and less expensive to manufacture while Hasbro taps into the adult collector market with larger ponies.  I think we're seeing some of that now with the new Hot Topic ponies.

Hasbro manages to keep their Transformers line appealing to kids and adult collectors alike, so I have faith that they can do the same with MLP as well.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
I. Love. Fashion Style.

I would give one of my kidneys and possibly some other major organs if Gen 5 were G4 FS-sized. As for the mold, I'd love to see a cool hybrid mold between G1 and G3, since I think those two are the closest to being more horse-like.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »
G1 all over again, please.
:hifive:

Failing this, I would submit to any Hasbro peeps that they might pur-leeeeze consider more than just 6 characters ad nausaeum.  Part of what got me into a collecting frenzy when I was younger was the variety - in colour, pose and themed set - of ponies that were out there.  I kind of think that, if there had only been, say, six or seven ponies again and again, plus three or four new ones each year, I'd have lost interest rather quickly.  Sort of like what's happening to me and G4, to be honest.  I'm down to a tepid interest in the blindbags, and I barely even look at what's on the shelves besides them anymore.  'Cause it's just more Mane 6, only with different trinkets, and what rare other brushables appear besides them vanish ultra-fast (which should tell you something, no?).

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

claricesponies

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »
I think we need to go back to the past...something that looks similar to the G1....but not with that hard cheap plastic like the 25th annive G1s replicas were made out of. I think the quality of the products are made cheaper and cheaper. I wish Hasbro would start making Ponies again and not alien looking creatures....and just so you should know, I complain but I own many of the new ponies. Mostly, just cause they are My Little Pony. That's my opinion. :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal