collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why do people list things on eBay as something that they are clearly not? (MLP)  (Read 2018 times)

corra

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh and don't gete started on the people stating mint and excellent then listing faults.  It's perfect...except for the blue mustache.  Uh huh!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
I'm not saying it's honest - but I can see why people would "tag" FiM stuff or G1 in their listings. It gets more views and hopefully for them more buys. I can almost bet though a good chunk of those sellers are only trying to cash in on MLP popularity and really have no idea what they are selling.
------

As  for the condition ratting,  I learned a long time ago that term is purely subjective.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
I think it's so the listing is exposed to more people. "oh you like this keyword? then surely you'll like this keyword!" that sort of thing. Some members here do this....maybe they can say why they do it?
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Personally for the item the OP describes I think the problem is more than sellers are not aware of toys before G4...therefore generation 1 of the FiM toy line is something like the talking Princess Celestia. Its unlikely someone selling to a mainly brony market would but G1 in the title as a keyword..G4 would work much better.

The scale of key words in auction titles is a new thing for me on ebay - the worst before was always "rare" "hard to find" "mail order" "variant" on ponies like Sundance :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
It saddens me that some people list "vintage rare unicorn 1980s!!!!!!" that is Moondancer with chopped off hair, black marks and possibly cancer, otherwise extremely poor condition for $15. >_<

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
Yeah that is a tad annoying. However I find the 'rare' tag is the most annoying! Then charging way too much for a common pony. I personally love sellers who don't know anything because that's when you get ponies for cheap! Example: went to carboot and found G1 majesty. Pulled her out and asked the girl how much? 10p. LOL! Granted she didn't have a tail but still! 10pence!!

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
I keep getting flooded with one particular item on ebay that has been listed as Shining Armour, as blinds bags, and as rare brushables! It's just crazy!
This is the picture!

And this is the info from one listing
Title: MY LITTLE PONY G4 FIM FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC BLIND BAG FIGURE M04
Top of listing info: DJ-P0n3 Vinyl Scratch DJ My Little Pony G4 MLP FIM Rare HTF Friendship is Magic
Description:  Ploomette G4 Playful Pony

Also found title of: My Little Pony Friendship is magic Shining Armor cute Pony
Which is later listed as: Charm 100PC Swarovski Crystal 4mm 5301 Bicone Beads

They have other items (multiple seller IDs) with the same mixed up info, all hideous fakies and a few G3 ponies, starting at 1c and actually have bids on them. It's so irritating clogging up my search!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Squiggle I have seen those up for two days now :( I think it is a scam in my opinion. They have been spamming ebay. >_<

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
That...is a scarey, mutated fakie.  O_o

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I wish eBay could do something to stop them, the spamming is insane
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kakenterprise

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not sure but because it's not a my little pony and they use it as the name of the product, in the title, you can report them on ebay for browser manipulation. 
If enough report's are made and products are removed we won't have to weed through those lovely fakes...

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
How do you report them for this? I can only find reporting individual items and it asks you to do it on every item.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kakenterprise

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
How do you report them for this? I can only find reporting individual items and it asks you to do it on every item.
You'd have to report multiple items.  Once a user gets so many violations ebay makes them do a series of tasks before they can list again.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
I think my biggest pet peeve is listing G3 and above as "vintage" G3 was just a few years ago people! 5 years isn't even  "retro"
I don't use ebay much at all but I've experienced stupid keywords and titles with Etsy. It's a cheap tactic and i don't see how it would boost sales except with those who are tricked.

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I noticed all those fakies listed as fim blind bags are shipping from china...maybe they no speak english?...=]

kayveryn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal