collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New York Toy Fair 2020!  (Read 16973 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New York Toy Fair 2020!
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2020, 07:22:46 AM »
Additional Basic Fun photos.  Sadly, there seem to have been no other ponies at the booth.  And at least one person on Facebook claimed that the Basic Fun people said that they where having trouble finding retailers so this might be the last set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B86lyC5gEVy/?igshid=sr1gk749aeub

If they would open up orders on their site for us to buy from them directly, I would in a heartbeat.  Even if it was a little more expensive because I had to pay shipping and didn't get a bulk discount, it would be worth it because I don't make it to Target overly often as it's an hour away and nowhere closer to me sells these.  I know they sell on Amazon but they only seem to put up the extra stock that they didn't send to the retailers so it's hit or miss if the ones I'm looking for will be available for purchase.  (Seriously, why don't they want our money?)

I would so buy from them. Still, we can't be too mad. They've done a phenomenal job so far.

I know!  That's why I would be sad if this ended already.  I would love for them to get to baby and the big brother lines.  I selfishly admit that I want custom bait.  And I know that HQG1C does these but some of them are a bit pricey for me to stock up on.

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2020, 08:33:26 AM »
I really hope they don’t discontinue this!! I’ve been so happy to see these go farther than previous years and wanted to see more keep coming :( our target sells out pretty fast so I don’t know how it can’t be a good seller for them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2020, 08:46:22 AM »
Additional Basic Fun photos.  Sadly, there seem to have been no other ponies at the booth.  And at least one person on Facebook claimed that the Basic Fun people said that they where having trouble finding retailers so this might be the last set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B86lyC5gEVy/?igshid=sr1gk749aeub

If they would open up orders on their site for us to buy from them directly, I would in a heartbeat.  Even if it was a little more expensive because I had to pay shipping and didn't get a bulk discount, it would be worth it because I don't make it to Target overly often as it's an hour away and nowhere closer to me sells these.  I know they sell on Amazon but they only seem to put up the extra stock that they didn't send to the retailers so it's hit or miss if the ones I'm looking for will be available for purchase.  (Seriously, why don't they want our money?)

I would so buy from them. Still, we can't be too mad. They've done a phenomenal job so far.

I know!  That's why I would be sad if this ended already.  I would love for them to get to baby and the big brother lines.  I selfishly admit that I want custom bait.  And I know that HQG1C does these but some of them are a bit pricey for me to stock up on.

That's kind of the same reason I want them to do Sparkle Ponies. I know HQG1C has glittery baits but they are a bit pricey and only come in white. I'm lazy and would like already colored baits to start with.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »
If Sparkler comes with two colors in the tail I must have her!

I refuse to buy the revamped G4 stuff, it just does not appeal to me. The weird shaped heads and odd vacant eyes.

How come the G1 eyes look like they're feeling kind eyes and the new G4 eyes look like they're planning to murder you in your sleep?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »

How come the G1 eyes look like they're feeling kind eyes and the new G4 eyes look like they're planning to murder you in your sleep?

G1 eyes are gentle, horselike... Pony Lifes' are forward-facing like a cat's, topped off with slit pupils that are right in the middle of the eye. Other gens have a round pupil, and the pupil and iris always touch the top of the eye, looking up. G4s eyes looked forward, while still touching the line of the eyelashes. In some of the 2017/movie ponies, namely Fluttershy, eyes looked "forward", like in the Pony Lifes. PLs seem to have the most sclera going on too... other gens have such big pupils/irises, while PLs have a lot of white. :huh:

For reference, here are the "weird pupils" that some 2017 ponies had:
Spoiler

I Photoshopped a picture of my Pinkie to have bigger, rounder pupils instead of her "cat eyes". Not perfect as it was a quick edit but I think it's an improvement:
Spoiler

I made this because I like Fluttershy and Twilight a lot, but Pinkie, Applejack, and Potion Nova are less cute in my opinion because of their eyes.

Sorry for infodumping XD I'm passionate about pony eyes...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2020, 09:53:36 AM »

G1 eyes are gentle, horselike... Pony Lifes' are forward-facing like a cat's, topped off with slit pupils that are right in the middle of the eye. Other gens have a round pupil, and the pupil and iris always touch the top of the eye, looking up. G4s eyes looked forward, while still touching the line of the eyelashes. In some of the 2017/movie ponies, namely Fluttershy, eyes looked "forward", like in the Pony Lifes. PLs seem to have the most sclera going on too... other gens have such big pupils/irises, while PLs have a lot of white. :huh:

For reference, here are the "weird pupils" that some 2017 ponies had:
Spoiler

I Photoshopped a picture of my Pinkie to have bigger, rounder pupils instead of her "cat eyes". Not perfect as it was a quick edit but I think it's an improvement:
Spoiler

I made this because I like Fluttershy and Twilight a lot, but Pinkie, Applejack, and Potion Nova are less cute in my opinion because of their eyes.

Sorry for infodumping XD I'm passionate about pony eyes...

I love your comparisons Ragamuffin.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
Wow that eye analysis really is... eye-opening! lol.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:08 AM »
If Sparkler comes with two colors in the tail I must have her!

I refuse to buy the revamped G4 stuff, it just does not appeal to me. The weird shaped heads and odd vacant eyes.

:nod:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2020, 10:31:30 AM »
I am excited for the new Basic Fun G1 ponies. Hopefully they still get picked up by retailers and we can look forward to them later this year. We are lucky we have gotten as many as we have. My only concern is that the G3's are going to shelf warm (as I already see them doing) and so we wont' get the next waves ordered since the tendency has been to run the products under the same code.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
Kudos again Ragamuffin on your diagrams xd.

As for whether they will continue or not, they did originally say three years and this is year three. If this is where it ends then it is. It will be sad, but they've done a huge amount for us and we can't be greedy. Then again, all the speculation is based on hearsay and no formal statement from BF about their intentions going forward.

It would be sad to not have Powder and Skyflier, but I guess there's the money for the moulds to consider, so maybe we won't ever get them. BF have almost filled all the early adult pony gaps from the UK line with their products, which are now so plentiful on shelves here - but Powder and Skyflier are outstanding. Still, even if we don't get them, I'm super grateful for all Basic Fun has brought here.

Last year's line at the 2019 London toy fair were 100% ponies that HAsbro didn't bother to sell in the UK - the 2nd set Rainbows and the unipegs. How can I complain given that they did something even Hasbro didn't manage to do 30+ years ago?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »
I agree that the display is really small.

In other news, here are some pictures by bizarro_toys on Instagram of the Basic Fun ponies

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84ihgtARyU/?igshid=vwue92421v24

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84hzcWgWAY/?igshid=14q7fm04phq8s

Thank you for posting and sharing my account!

I am glad you guys got to see my pictures. (Most circulating the internet are the same set.)

As a huge My Little Pony fan I wanted to make sure everyone received the coverage these amazing toys deserve.  :)

A note, these are still prototypes so they can change in production. Also, they care deeply about getting the ponies right so even if one batch is slightly too green or not pink enough the next one should be better. There is a reason we received unscented versions of the Rainbow Ponies. ;)

There are still more exciting plans for pony in the future. We just have to make sure to keep supporting the releases and going to our local stores and requesting them. :D

If anyone has any additional questions not answered here about Basic Fun ponies let me know ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:09:13 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »
I think Heart Throb is a must for me. She was one of my favorites as a child. I had her so-soft version and always loved it when she appeared on the show. I'm also really drawn to Tootsie and Lickety Split.

I'd buy more brushable PL characters but there don't really seem to be any...

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
I'd be very sad to see the Basic Fun ponies go, but I'm very grateful for all the ponies they gave us! I got a Medley from them and I love her to bits

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
Basic Fun Does what Has-don't.  :snicker: :rolleyes:

They'll have my money for however long they keep going. :good:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:17:45 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MimicPower

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:02 AM »

There are still more exciting plans for pony in the future. We just have to make sure to keep supporting the releases and going to our local stores and requesting them. :D

If anyone has any additional questions not answered here about Basic Fun ponies let me know ;D

I am glad to read that!! Do you know if the rumors about the plans about baby ponies/big brothers are real?
Thanks for your pictures! this year we have barely had information about the Basic Fun stand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal