collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Address problem with Ebay Buyer  (Read 1001 times)

Amethyst

• Trade Count: (0)
Address problem with Ebay Buyer
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »
Wow, some Ebay buyers sure are nasty.

I sold a pony on Ebay and the buyer emailed me telling me to send the pony to a different address, to her daughter in Seattle. (She lives in NC.) On the Paypal transaction, it lists her address in NC. Paypal Seller Protection clearly states that I have to ship to the address listed on the transaction details in order to be protected.

She has gotten really nasty in her second email, which makes me worried that it may be fraudulent.

What should I do? I want to tell her I'll refund her payment (which was by E-Check) and cancel the Ebay transaction. I know that if I ship the pony to her address and not her daughter's, she will leave me negative or neutral feedback. Because she's been so rude, I suspect that if I ship to her daughter she will file an "Item not received" claim.

Grrr.r.. I hate Ebay sometimes...

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Address problem with Ebay Buyer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »
Hum, if she sounds so rude when item hasn't been shipped yet I'd definitely not send and close all of this before it gets messy.

I've had people send items to a different address and when someone told me it was causing potential trouble by removing the seller protection, I just added my second address on payapl so I know she could do that if she wanted (the address I added was even in another country!)

Good luck with her :(

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:41:01 AM »
Just tell her that you will be happy to ship it to her daughter, but in order to do so, you have to follow Ebays rules. You can refund her the money she already paid, then issue her a second invoice. She will them have the option of entering a different address for delivery when she checks out, and you will be able to ship to that address.

If she still has a problem, just tell her that unfortunately, these are the rules set forth by Ebay and you will be happy to offer her a full refund if she would prefer.

Kill 'em with kindness :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
I personally will not ship to another address than the one provided.  Ebay will not cover you in the event that something happens.

I would politely tell her this and tell her she can go into her ebay account and add "gift address's to her account.    If she plans on buying items and sending them to her daughter it will make it easier for her in the future.

It's just to risky, especially if she is giving you a hard time already about it.  If you are really worried, I would phone ebay and tell them what has taken place so there is some record of it, if she decides to leave negative.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:54:08 AM »
If she mentions feedback in any way in her communications with you, you can contact Ebay and get it removed for feedback extortion.  So there's that...

Stick to your guns as that's the only way you are protected by Paypal/Ebay.  Also, send her a link on how to change her addresses if that's the case.  It has something to do with where/who owns the bank account attached to the Paypal account. 

Make sure you ship with tracking and insurance, if not signature upon delivery! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Amethyst

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
Thanks for all your advice! I sent her a polite email notifying her that I'd be happy to refund her payment and she can issue a new payment to the address she wants the item shipped. If she would prefer, I'll refund her payment altogether.

Thanks again!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
Hope she'll respond kindly now instead of rude. Good luck! :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »
ugh! whats with all the rude people on ebay these days?!  >_<   :yikes:    I think you got some good advice here though and you did the right thing. There is no way its worth risking sending the parcel to another addy - especially since this buyer has already started the alarm bells ringing with her rudeness.  Keeping polite and calm with this kind of person helps too  :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Amethyst

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
Thanks... After I sent that email, the buyer was a lot more polite (maybe she is an Arena member and read my post on here! LOL!) I refunded her payment and she resent it with the correct shipping address.

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
That's great news Amethyst!

I am glad that everything worked out and she was understanding about the issue. :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
yay! thats awesome news!! :cheer:  I'm so happy that things worked out ok in the end :bigups:  :frolic:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »
This has happened to me before on the other end and I felt terrible for the seller.  After all it is my fault for posting with the outdated address.  And then instead of getting their money right away they have to send it back and get reissued.  If anything she should be the one who is sorry for inconveniencing you, instead of trying to guilt you into doing something you aren't comfortable with.  :hug:
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »
Glad that it is working out.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal