collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 37815 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1575 on: March 22, 2024, 06:00:51 PM »
I just tried a new flavourless mouthwash (I already have a flavourless toothpaste) that you can add a sachet of mint flavouring to if you want. My brain was going '... can we use it without the sachet???' for some reason I thought maybe I can't? I don't know, my brain was being odd with it.

It's very strange, it's like rinsing your mouth with water. I know that's what I kinda wanted, but the sensation is still strange. My toothpaste is the same, it's designed for those with sensory issues so it doesn't have mint and it doesn't foam. I got it as I'm allergic to an ingredient in toothpastes and it makes the mint flavouring WAY more intense, like my mouth is being napalmed with mint  :huh: The flavourless was fine, but the lack of foam is VERY VERY WEIRD! It's almost like I'm standing there thinking 'is this even working???'. Don't worry, I somehow still managed to get toothpaste flecks on my pyjama top  :pout:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1576 on: March 23, 2024, 07:48:19 AM »
Oh wow, I wish we had such a thing over here. I hate mint and have a slight allergy to it (it makes inside my ears itchy). We do have cinnamon flavored toothpaste and mouthwash but the toothpaste I use doesn't offer flavors other than mint.

I feel pretty good right now despite not getting a lot of sleep (again). Maybe I'm having a second wind before I crash but it's okay for now. My plans are to reorganize the craft closet which I've been wanting to do for a while. I know there are boxes in there that can go to storage. And ponies later. I'm finally almost finished with one of them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 23, 2024, 11:07:59 AM »
could it please stop snowing!?  I need to drive my husband to the post office to pick up a parcel which they left a card in our mailbox for.  It totally would have fit inside the parcel box , so it must need a signature for delivery.  but so irritating! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 23, 2024, 05:48:40 PM »
Artie, hope your family gets better soon & the neighbours become more considerate xxx
BC, hope cleaning goes well & that your Mum recovers & is treated xxx
Squirmy hope it warms up xxx
Beldarna yaiy for getting health appointment!!! Also enjoy the chocolate xxx
Beth have a fantastic birthday!!! :tort: :birthday: And have fun on the garden work!!!
Frostbite that sounds unusual but I get it, many autistic people can't handle strong flavours in toothpaste & stuff. You'll get used to it in time xxx And yep, the act of brushing my teeth gets mirrors dirty!!! Speaking of, me:

On Tuesday I bought bathroom paint as you recall. Wednesday was painting day!!! It mostly went on without a hitch, but slight wee bits needed touched up.
Thursday was the craft thingie. It wasn't just my first time at it, as another lassie was also there for her first time. It was also my first time at that café, so a hot choc was in order. I brought the current hat & gloves I'm working on as you bring your own crafting. Most there knit or crocheted, but one lady, who also diamond paints, was doing sticker mosaics. She did an eagle while we talked. The drink (the hot choc) needed paid for, but the cake, & the chips(!!!) were free!!! Back home to touch up the paint job, especially around the sink, as the most important shelf to go up is there. Got it done well enough for my liking.
Friday was the last noisy coffee before Easter break (it only runs while schools are open), so we all got Easter eggs, as well as the usual fruit, snacks, & coffees. Caught up on knitting & some last-second touch-up, while prepping for today.
Today came & I was able to get up while it was light, well-rested & ready to go!!! Job one was the shelves. The wood one goes nicely above the wet wall ledge by the bath, so serves as the by the bath shelf nicely. The glass shelf fits well above the heater, & as it's glass with metal supports, won't burn so easily as a wood one. It's enough above the heater to allow circulation too.
Then there's the above-the-sink shelf. I needed my ladder to get that up, due to being otherwise unable to reach the top screw-holes. I did argue with the screws occasionally, but it's up & the mirror doors are in!!!
And we can't forget sharky bathroom tissue buddy!!! A scrap of paper did the screw map, then I marked holes, deepened them with the hole-nail, then added the screws in place, & he fits on nicely!!! For the wooden shelf I had to use my ruler to measure stuff, but again it's now nicely in place.
Dolphin shelf proved more tricky, as it's a corner shelf, but I figured out which side was least wiggly & used that to mount it right next to the above the sink shelf.. Finally I got my towel hooks in place where I want them.
And then we came to the real fun bit: the posters & piccies!!! OO BOY!!! I had to trim some posters to size as otherwise they wouldn't have fit!!! But most did, with only one not having the room to go up. But then, that's expected when half the walls they used to be on are now wet walls with wall stickers & sticky hooks.
With them up it was on to the small items, which could fit in nooks, like between the above-the-sink shelf & the wall, above the door, or wherever else was too narrow for other piccies. I also have a wide strip poster thingie I put above the towel hooks, & it still fits, wi room for postcards & strips above.
Some of the medium sized pics are up too, but not all my faves yet. I do have some new ones up, as well as a load of the older ones. There's still room for some more, but I think I'd like a couple more shelves first, particularly as dolphin shelf is now the shelf for my shaving mirror, mani-pedi tools (I have an egg thingie for getting the dead skin off my feet), & my tweezers. So I need more ornament display shelves. But after I paused to relax, I found some on eBay. I'm broke at the minute though, so can't order the ones I like until Tuesday after next...
Now more knitting, & once I'm done wi this knitting I'm sewing, then when the sewing is done I'm crocheting.
It Fricken WIMDY!!! The chilly, blow-through-the-house-cracks kind, so I'm wearing my leggie-warmers & my poncho to stave the chill. Going to burrow into an MLP sleeping bag soon...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 23, 2024, 06:29:39 PM »
I made 10 servings of creamy veggie soup which takes hours since I have to carmelize onions, chop and roast all the veggies, boil them with potatoes, and then run it all through the blender.

I also made hard boiled eggs, and handmade potato slices that I put paprika on and cooked in the airfryer.

I've done 3 loads of laundry and 4 loads of dishes. 
Took the compost out twice as well as the recycling, and I knocked all the icicles off the rain gutters twice.

Took husband to the post office - it's STILL snowing!

Soon I think I am going to keep working on the rug made of braided socks but I have to give my poor dry hands a little bit of a break. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 24, 2024, 07:06:14 AM »
BlackCurtains, maybe it's available in the US? Ultradex is the name and it's usually in supermarkets and pharmacists here. I never looked at it before but it came up when I seared for flavourless mouthwash! For toothpaste, I use Oranurse, and of you have a bad gag reflex or cannot easily get to floss your back teeth, I cannot recommend Wisdom Easy Flosser enough! My gag reflex is so hair trigger and I easily throw up when it's tripped, so these have been great.

Today I had a LONG sleep thank goodness, I went to the store and did some big chores. It's really sunny, and I'm packing up more collectables. Just about to unbox my Mermaze Slumber Party dolls!

(When I removed the shipping label from the box that brought me my Limited Edition Kotobukiya Felicia statue I gave myself a papercut DX)

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1581 on: March 24, 2024, 08:19:55 AM »
Thanks! Looks like Ultradex is available but the toothpaste isn't. I'll have to poke around and find one. My gag reflex is practically non existent. Sometimes I gag when I cough too hard but that's about it. I haven't thrown up in probably 20 years. Sometimes I want too though, I think I'd feel better.

I never got to the craft closet yesterday, but I'll try again today. I finally got some decent sleep.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1582 on: March 24, 2024, 08:27:57 AM »
I spent the morning, noon and afternoon on the couch bingewatching the second season of Buying Beverly Hills while my head made me consider unspeakable things to said head.. I was knocked out so bad, even the painkillers did not help. I managed to feed the cats and I ate a small lunch of leftovers since yesterday, but boy, it was tough. Around three pm I was well enough to stand without getting motion sickness. I managed to dress and went out for a walk to get some fresh air. I walked for almost an hour. I have no idea how, my body was craving movement I guess.. Now I'm well enough to function at least. Drinking tea of grated fresh ginger and dried mint with honey and eating chocolate and cheesedoodles.

Congratulations Beth! I hope you had a great birthday! :tort: :cheer:

PBW I'm glad the bathroom is finally coming together! Can we get piccies when it's done? :)

lovesbabysquirmy you are a superwoman! :super:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 24, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »
rug continues... laundry continues... dishes continue. 

I  have a shopping list but I don't know if I want to go out shopping LOL
The Bad Trader List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 24, 2024, 12:21:25 PM »
In 10 minutes I hafta go out and do yard work.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 24, 2024, 09:32:39 PM »
Cleaning played KH 3, napped, and watched season two of Avatar (I've never seen it). It's my last day of vacation, so I was being lazy.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 24, 2024, 10:01:00 PM »
I sent off an eBay order, got told by my work that I don't have a shift after I left the house but quickly corrected themselves saying it's next week I don't have a shift.

Got so excited for going home and having fun. Now I have to work at a recycling centre for 8 hours today. I hope I find toys.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1587 on: March 25, 2024, 08:57:45 AM »
Attempt #3 at the craft closet! :lol: I keep getting distracted.

I also need to clean up the bathroom. Aster missed the litter box and there's pee on the floor now. That's the second time that's happened.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 27, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »
Squirmy I'm exhausted just reading your "did this" list!!!
BC aww Aster xxx And hope you get your crafting worked on & organised!!!
Freezestime I hope you find good stuff too xxx
Beldarna get well soon xxx
Novelnerd enjoy your time off when you can xxx
LAW hope the garden work does well xxx
Frostbite yaiy for long sleeps!!! Hope the pack/unpack goes well xxx

Done a bit more work on the bathroom, but the rest is waiting for me to get a couple of shelves I saw on eBay. Can't get them now as I'm broke!!!
Fortunately the last few days have hugely helped there!!!
Monday: last film day until next winter. It WILL be back on in November as it's been popular.
Tuesday: Coffee as usual. Got milk, cheese for the broccoli cheese soup, & a snack. Came to less than the cash in my wallet so good. As I had the cheese, made the broccoli soup, but not before baking bread (separately as both the air fryer & the hotplate need plugged in & I can only plug in one at a time & soup is better hot so bread first).
Wednesday: Had a long sleep between Tuesday & Wednesday as Wednesday's thing is an evening. Made it there!!! It's a Passover, & see What Made Me Smile for what that means. In a word, food. LOTS of food!!! Filled up nicely!!! Also got a doggy-bag with a LOAD of cheese, & olives!!! I can make pizza!!!
In between, more knitting. One pair fingerless gloves sewn, one ready to sew, one almost ready to sew. Think I'll move on to doing the hats after this for a knit break as the hats are crocheted.
I also have a thing on Friday with hot cross buns for Easter.

To those asking for piccies, I've been piccieing my progress as I go, but it's a HUGE lot of pics so will need a folder full uploaded to show you all, & Imgur has been a pain so I left it alone for now...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1589 on: March 28, 2024, 06:54:44 AM »
I finally had my first part of the deep health check today. So bloodwork, blood pressure (was low), weight, lenght, waiste measurement. Home. Fill in a 50 page questionaire about everything about me, from how I sleep and eat to how I feel mentally and if I use alcohol etc.. it took a good two hours. Luckily it was online so I don't have to go back and give it to them in person. Next appointment is april 9th where we will go over the results of everything. I had been fasting since 10 pm yesterday so I was ravenous when I came home, lol. No eggs for breakfast, lets make a huge baguette! It was delicious.

I got a package today with three lovley styling G3s so now I have all five of them :inlove:. Made me so happy to see how well the seller had packaged them, I got warm fuzzies allover and felt bad about opening them up.

I went for a walk with a friend and talked for a bit. Felt good. In a minute or three I'm gonna join hubby on the couch and take a nap :).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal