collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mockingjay Part 2 (spoiler warning)  (Read 656 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Mockingjay Part 2 (spoiler warning)
« on: November 22, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »
So sad it's over...  I was hoping for a more satisfying ending.  It's great they kept it so true to the books, but I just feel a lack of closure!

Also, Finnick?  :bawl:  I really feel like if he'd lived, Katniss would be a lot better off.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:18:58 AM by melodys_angel »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Mockingjay Part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 03:59:40 AM »
Not my thing, but my best friend loved it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Mockingjay Part 2 (spoiler warning)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
Theres a 'bit' of a spoiler in your post so I added a warning to the title <3

That series was not my thing and I didn't follow it, though I know a bunch of people that did.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
More closure? o.O Everything was addressed and wrapped up perfectly, there was nothing left for them to close so I am confused about your meaning.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 04:24:40 PM »
So sad it's over...  I was hoping for a more satisfying ending.  It's great they kept it so true to the books, but I just feel a lack of closure!

Also, Finnick?  :bawl:  I really feel like if he'd lived, Katniss would be a lot better off.

I had a hard time remembering what happened in the book (since it was my least favorite in the series). I found the movie to be pretty cheesy at points, and my boyfriend and I cringed a lot. But after reviewing cliffnotes for the book it did stay true to the ending (minus a few details). I don't think they would have done a better job wrapping it up.

I don't know how it could be more satisfying though?
And Finnick does die in the book, so I don't think they would have changed that.

Did you read the books? What did you hope might happen? :)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
I'm going to see the movie tonight, but I did read all of the books and Mockingjay was my least favorite. I did love what they did in part one though, but one of my best friend's saw it already and said she was underwhelmed with this movie. Guess I'll find out what she means tonight...

I actually meant to reread the 3rd book before the movie, but my reading list is very long so... I forgot. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »
I always wonder why every hates the book Mockingjay so much...? Of all of them it is my favorite because it represents best that war is not a pretty thing. Maybe people don't like it because not everyone lives...I don't know.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 02:49:08 PM »
I always wonder why every hates the book Mockingjay so much...? Of all of them it is my favorite because it represents best that war is not a pretty thing. Maybe people don't like it because not everyone lives...I don't know.

I think for me it has nothing to do with war, or characters dying.
Catching Fire, the movie and book, were both very exciting, compelling and full of meaning. I love watching that movie, for me it is the best of the series.

I feel like the third book just kind of drags on because nothing super exciting happens (as a bookworm who normally remembers her favorite books its coming up pretty blank). So I think for me I just find the first two books to be more exciting. Maybe the author wasn't sure how to wrap up the series?
I just don't think it warranted two movies  :P

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 02:57:35 PM »
I just saw it and I must agree. Even though the story is closed and everything me and my friend still missed something. Maybe because the war was suddenly over after dropping the bombs?
Don't know, I liked the first movie the best :)
But this one was still nice to watch!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »

I just thought the book dragged on and it didn't do much for me. The character deaths didn't bother me (I got emotional, but I don't hate the book because of that). *shrugs* The other books were exciting, at least to me. Mockingjay was an okay conclusion, and the movie did a wonderful job with it, but it's still my least favorite of the books.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
I liked the pacing of the book personally, it really captured Katniss finally dealing with everything that happened to her. I have anxiety issues myself, so I could relate with her on the feelings she was going through and I appreciated the accurate depiction of anxiety/ptsd Collins put in, it's not something you typically see in a YA book and I liked that.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
I didn't like the movieS (plural) because they didn't have enough violence in them. Didn't have enough of the horrors that are the capitol, in them.
Finnick dying was absolutely heart wrenching for me. I cried at the book, and the movie.
I also have to say, I didn't like JLaw as Katniss in the beginning. or the end. I mean, really I think some of the casting was ...I would have done it differently if I was part of CSA. but I'm not. haha

I loved the books and want to read them again and and again. The movies, I can do without. I thought the end was blargh because it really felt in the books (and thereby the movies) that Katniss blacking out and then us hearing about how things went later is a cop out. Didn't want to write dialogue, didn't want to film scenes, etc. "I'm not sure how to do this, so I'm going to put my character in a coma"
I also wonder why we didn't end up getting some voice-over narrative? there was a lot going on in her head that never made it to the screen...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 02:33:02 AM »
Never read the books, but watched all movies with my friends and the end was really bittersweet. Apart from Finnick and Prim dying, which was my least favorite part, I wad sad to see Gale go but not surprised because it became clear that Katniss was going to end up with Peeta. Whom I didn't care much for towards the ending.

But the ending was so "meh" after all the action and I'm not planning on re-watching this series again. I actually prefer Twilight over this and that's saying something!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:34:41 AM by S.o.a.r. »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal