collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postal delays?  (Read 785 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Postal delays?
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:38:02 AM »
Anyone having serious postal delays? I have three incoming packages that are just stuck at the hubs. One in Philadelphia, one in California and one was stuck in Atlanta until this morning. Two are priority, one was guaranteed two day from Amazon. Two have already missed their delivery date. This is getting annoying. The two that are still stuck haven't moved in days!!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Re: Postal delays?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
Tis the season for the post office being slow. Sadly it will probably only get worse until the new year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
i feel the same way. i have one that should have come over a week ago, it's for a swap. and i wanted my partner to have their package before thanksgiving, but now i might have to skip the one item and replace it with something else.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
It's getting really bad. Priority packages should not sit at a hub for three days when it's a three day delivery!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
This is the first Christmas rush with the new budget cuts.  You can pretty much expect this from now on.  They did a massive cut that took effect after last year's Christmas rush.  They closed a lot of post offices, laid off some people, and closed even more processing centers.  So this year's Christmas rush is going to be interesting.  Even without the Christmas rush, things have been going wrong more often than before.  Right around my birthday in July I had a string of packages that had problems(delays, getting sent to the wrong state, getting bounced around places they shouldn't be, etc).  They've been slowly destroying the postal system for years.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/economy-budget/229239-postal-service-cuts-ill-considered 

If you don't like it, start calling your Congress person.  They're the ones gutting the postal system.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:32:35 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 02:25:47 AM »
Calling my post master today. Two haven't moved since the 17th and 18th.

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 04:32:40 AM »
It's the Christmas season for sure. It feels like it starts earlier and earlier every year. Last year I had a pair of live lobsters on 2 day shipping that stayed in a FedEx hub for 3 days. They were well marked as being live and everything. When we complained about the dead lobsters, they claimed it wasn't their fault. Not the post  office I know, but they were acting just as bad as them. It's just the season.I have a few things I'm about to order that I'm praying don't have the same fate. I wish you the best of luck getting your packages though.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 07:46:08 AM »
Whatever you do, don't opt for first class shipping on ANYTHING.

I spoke with my post master. Unfortunately they cannot do anything. All they can suggest is to give it a few more days. They're going to call as soon as they get the packages. They said that the backlog is awful. They have no idea when first class will start to move if ever. This makes me so mad. Both of these were mailed at the beginning of November. Maybe I'll get them by Christmas.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »
My Mother-in-law was so happy this summer when her branch got 8 subs to help do the "new" (expanded from firings) routes. They just lost their last one last week. One co-worker is 80+ years old. All of them are overworked and most of them are nursing injuries that workers' comp is barely paying for. I can cut them all some slack for being a bit slower in this crunch time by a few days.  :|  Though, I do admit, I want the ponies I'm waiting for....  :pout:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 04:18:40 AM »
Tis the season for the post office being slow. Sadly it will probably only get worse until the new year.

This unfortunately! :yikes:  I'm waiting for parcels as well

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal