collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay help w/a buyer requesting a refund? (Non-Pony Related)  (Read 496 times)

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Ebay help w/a buyer requesting a refund? (Non-Pony Related)
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
Hi everyone! I've been an avid eBay buyer/seller since 2002 (gosh, I feel old!) LOL.  Currently, I have 100% positive feedback and I always strive to provide a favorable experience to my buyers.

Today, I received a message from eBay saying a buyer has opened a "request" (formerly called cases?) against me (the Seller).  I'm not sure if they are trying to scam me, or if they just flat out didn't bother to read the description/title at all.  Here's the background info...

The item for sale was a digital copy of a television series (not the actual discs, though it is a 5-disc set and the digital copy gives access to all episodes/content available on the discs). The description clearly states that it is for the digital copy only, and the digital code will be emailed to the buyer upon purchase/payment. 

The buyer purchased the item on Aug 27 via paypal, and I emailed them the code to them within minutes of their purchase. I included the photo of the actual code (it's printed on a slip packaged inside the actual DVD case).

I had not received any type of communication or feedback from the buyer until today, and I haven't left feedback yet (I tend to leave buyers' feedback after they leave feedback for me).  The buyer contacted me thru Ebay's resolution center, stating that the "item was not yet recieved" and requested a full refund plus the original shipping cost (the shipping was free, by the way). 

This is the message the buyer included today in the case/request details:
"Hi, I have not received the discs.I was expecting this for a gift I have not and don't want to use the digital copy code please refound. Thanks"

I know eBay has changed their terms and implemented the "Buyer Money Back Guarantee" policy, but what do you guys think about this?  Buyer's remorse? Did they not read the description at all? Or are they scamming me since they already got the code (and for all I know, have used it)?

I responded to the case details by addind "shipping" info -- I stated that the digital copy code was emailed to the buyer (included the  date/time) via eBay message center and a photo of the code was included.   I also included a polite but firm note stating that the code was mailed, the listing description states it is for a digital copy only and not the actual DVDs, that no refunds were accepted per the listing, and that I had fulfilled my part of the transaction. 

Any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated! I dont' want the buyer to retaliate by leaving me negative feedback. I've sold several digital copies of movies/DVDs before, and never had this issue arise.  Wonder why the buyer has waited nearly a month to open a claim rather than sending me a quick message? 

How would y'all proceed?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay help w/a buyer requesting a refund? (Non-Pony Related)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:27:55 AM »
It sounds to me like they did not fully read the description  :(

I would maybe call eBay and ask how you should proceed.

Also is there a way to check the code to see if it has been used?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »
With digital codes its really tricky on eBay.

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:44:17 AM »
It sounds to me like they did not fully read the description  :(

I would maybe call eBay and ask how you should proceed.

Also is there a way to check the code to see if it has been used?

Thanks for the reply, ponylady!  I'm thinking they just didn't read the description ... AT ALL!

I *could* check the code, but I'm afraid that if they have not used it, it might become "used" as I'm checking it, and the code is only good for one time/one user use, due to copyright issues, though you can watch it as many times as you like. It's the same as having the actual DVDs, just a digital copy in an online library. 

I'd check to see if the code was still valid, but I'm afraid if I do so and ebay rules in the buyer's favor, I'll be out of my code as well as the money (which makes me think they might be scamming me... just a possibility).

Just a little note: I sent the buyer a photo of the actual DVD insert that includes instructions on how to use the digital copy and the code to access it.  It's literally 3 easy steps. 

With digital codes its really tricky on eBay.

I'm curious - what exactly do you mean, kakenterprise? I've sold quite a few digital codes on eBay in the past without any problems. Guess there's a first time for everything. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal