collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rebranding Brushables Spotted? (Royal Family in Packaging! Page 14)  (Read 30208 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rebranding Brushables Spotted?
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2016, 11:28:26 AM »
When I first saw the pic, I immediately thought 'fakies.' I'm not sure why... maybe because the plastic and hair seem to be low quality...? Also the not painted tongue on Lyra and Fluttershy. But that might just be the direction Hasbro is going these days...

I'll wait to see them in person before I make a final decision. I do like the poses, they are really cute and dynamic even though they are cartoon-y. Like the Lyra one, so similar to Mimic!

If this style does replace the regular G4 style releases, I think we should start calling them G4.5. That's the difference between something like the Sweetheart Sister ponies, and the G3.5 ponies. When G3.5 came along, it COMPLETELY replaced G3. We didn't have any of the original mold-style hanging around. Unlike in G1, where we had lots of different molds and different styles, but we would come back to the original molds as well. Looks like only time will tell.

Also I do think it's funny that AJ brushables get eyebrows no matter what her release is: regular, Fashion Style, new release, etc. It makes no sense. Kinda like how Rainbow Dash ALWAYS has hair that matches her old G3 releases (red through green in the mane, blue and purple in the tail) rather than actually like what she has in the show. It's not like they couldn't fit the other colors in there...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
I can name one other positive, their tails look higher. You know how irked I've been with the tail placement on G4s

Post Merge: September 11, 2016, 01:03:59 PM

then again the non-standing still poses look like they are in a higher placement.. normal static standing poses look like they are still in the same spot...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
They remind me of the art in the pony world, like the stained glass windows and such, which I adore. I love them. I wish we'd had merchandising in that art style, so I'll probably pick these up, just for the styling.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2016, 04:51:07 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if these are the exclusive merch for Japan.

Oh I hope not! ): I could never pay the inflated prices they'd have in that case, but I could see that... their style definitely does seem great for a Japanese audience. Hopefully, if they're legit, Hasbro is trying to market on that style everywhere and not just a specific country, or countries. Kawaii Japanese-ish things are really popular right now.

They remind me of the art in the pony world, like the stained glass windows and such, which I adore. I love them. I wish we'd had merchandising in that art style, so I'll probably pick these up, just for the styling.

You're right! That might be why I love them so much. The old Equestrian art is beautiful. I'd love to see these ponies customized to match some of the art.

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
It just occurred to me, but, isn't the g4 movie slated for later this year, or next year? Could these be a movie line?
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »
It just occurred to me, but, isn't the g4 movie slated for later this year, or next year? Could these be a movie line?
That is one speculation
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
That is one speculation
That's what I've been suspecting. There's also been small images that show just a slightly altered art style in the film (due to a change in animation program) so they may be for that. I dunno how long it takes things like this to come to the market, but the film is set to release early october of next year.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »
I just find it odd, though, that they would do whole new molds *just* for the movie when they haven't had a problem with the regular line as it is even though the show was so popular.  I mean I can understand if they are overhauling the whole line.  But I can't understand doing so just for the movie and then going back to the regular line.

My personal opinion is that these will replace the current line if they do well.  Maybe they have been looking at the popularity of the mini figures and trying to see what they can translate to the brushables.  I.e. More poses and more expressiveness.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2016, 06:00:57 PM »
I like 'em! They have spunk to them.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »
Woah!! That's a big change! Ironically, I feel like that's what the toyline maybe should have been from the start? :P They look a lot closer to the show characters, IMO! I like the dynamic poses, too!

I agree! It's like the sculptors actually watched the show and had a look at the model sheets or something. Cute!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:15 AM »
If they are legit, at least they have brushable hair. I was worried that Hasbro was going to get rid of that since the newest line is more action figure than standard MLP, and the "show accurate hair" thing has become such a sticking point with a large group of fans.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:21 AM »
I think they are hideous. Please let them be fakies ...

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2016, 01:51:02 AM »
I just find it odd, though, that they would do whole new molds *just* for the movie when they haven't had a problem with the regular line as it is even though the show was so popular.  I mean I can understand if they are overhauling the whole line.  But I can't understand doing so just for the movie and then going back to the regular line.

My personal opinion is that these will replace the current line if they do well.  Maybe they have been looking at the popularity of the mini figures and trying to see what they can translate to the brushables.  I.e. More poses and more expressiveness.

perhaps its not a fair comparison, but hasbro does that with transformers, which I also collect. They have different movie toys for each movie but they've also had generations running for years anyway, and each new show gets new toys. what with last gen's sideways into g3.5, and guardians of harmony dropping, it looks to ME like theyre mimicking a business style thats working well on that side of things; with multiple lines for one brand running simultaneously, IE, regular brushables + GoH + movie line + Equestria Girls (tho, not for much longer, i suspect. i hope the minis stay tho).

oh yeah, since we're talking about it i figured i'd post the picture from tara strong's instragram with the odd twilight standee with especially suspect ears
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2016, 07:17:07 AM »
 I want to clobber Hasbro and their toy designers over the head with a Breyer and shout:

This is what a horse looks like!

:pout:

I'm seriously hoping these are knock offs. Otherwise I'm completely finished with MLP.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:37:32 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2016, 07:23:18 AM »
I want to clobber Hasbro and their toy designers over the head with a Breyer and shout:

This is what a horse looks like idiots!

:pout:

I'm seriously hoping these are knock offs. Otherwise I'm finished with MLP.
It's the new mini line "My Little Rainbow Power Puff Deer" :P
But in all seriousness though, if these are real then I only hope it's for the sake of the movie, and not a permanent thing
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:24:51 AM by Twilight Pink »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal