collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter right now.. *UPDATE PAGE 3*  (Read 3573 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter right now.. *UPDATE PAGE 3*
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:01 AM »
I'm so fan girling right now. I recently won a lot of old Harry Potter figures I had when I was younger. Since they're still in the mail, I decided to watch the first three movies. And oh my goodness! I've forgotten how much I love Harry Potter!!!

I know.. I'm a nerd lol. Sadly, I haven't seen the last three movies, though I did finish the books. I'm hoping to buy the movies. Been stalking ebay lol

Anywho, anyone into Harry Potter? Collect stuff? Make art? Please do share your Harry Potter love with me so I don't feel like the last living fan lol

My Lord of the Rings shelf might just get jealous now that I'm buying Harry Potter stuff.

Also.. Ron and Hermione are like.. the most adorable couple! <3

....I'm such a fan girl! LOL

Also.. if anyone has anything harry potter laying around like old toys/ect that they don't want and want to sell me for cheap.... Okay now I sound desperate lol!!!

Anywho, watching Chamber of Secrets right now.. so.. I'll check back to see if anyone else out there is still obsessing over the magical world :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:11:58 PM by karrie91 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter right now..
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
I love Harry Potter (If my avatar didn't make it clear enough... :P ), because I simply love how Rowling uses small details that happaens throughout and makes it something you did not expect AT ALL later.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »
Have you heard the audiobooks read by Stephen Fry? I'm currently listening to them for the third time. I think Fry does an excellent job, and I have it on my mp3 so I can just potter (pun not intended  :lol:) around the house/work/town completely engrossed in HP.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

steampunk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 05:31:26 AM »
I've been a fan sicne the beginning. The bookstore I used to go to had me read Harry Potter and the PHILOSOPHER'S Stone - the SORCERER'S Stone version hadn't hit the US yet and they specialized in translations from different countries. Reminds me - it's time to re-read the series for the nth time again!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:40 AM »
Not my thing. Glad you are having fun though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 06:07:27 AM »
I've been a Potterhead since I've first read the Sorcerer's Stone, when I was in 7th grade. It was a class reading project, and back then I wasn't so  enthusiastic, that was until we started reading and since then I could not get enough.  I had to read every book, and when the Sorcerer's Stone movie came out, I had my mom and dad get EVERYTHING Potter for me for Christmas! I have now a collection of Harry Potter: Figurines, Trading cards, Dolls ect.  And after a while I had found I LOVED the 3rd book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It is my favorite, and I had wore out the book :P  Nowadays every time I see anything Harry Potter in Garage Sales, Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, I pick it up!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:09:36 AM by RandomPony »
:frolic:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
I've been a fan sicne the beginning. The bookstore I used to go to had me read Harry Potter and the PHILOSOPHER'S Stone - the SORCERER'S Stone version hadn't hit the US yet and they specialized in translations from different countries. Reminds me - it's time to re-read the series for the nth time again!
Here in Canada we only got the Philosopher version! It was great.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »
I've been a Potterhead since I've first read the Sorcerer's Stone, when I was in 7th grade. It was a class reading project, and back then I wasn't so  enthusiastic, that was until we started reading and since then I could not get enough.  I had to read every book, and when the Sorcerer's Stone movie came out, I had my mom and dad get EVERYTHING Potter for me for Christmas! I have now a collection of Harry Potter: Figurines, Trading cards, Dolls ect.  And after a while I had found I LOVED the 3rd book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It is my favorite, and I had wore out the book :P  Nowadays every time I see anything Harry Potter in Garage Sales, Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, I pick it up!

That's my favorite one too! I thought I was alone there lol. I love that movie the best too, well out of the ones I have seen!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
I became a Harry Potter fan the first time I saw Snape and fell in love with him :D That was when there was a HP marathon on tv and I was really sick and it was the only thing on, lol. I watched it and fell deeply in love :heart: Bought all the movies and saw Deathly Hallows 2 in theaters some months later. My friend bought me all the books, but I have to say my love died a bit when *SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE LAST BOOK OR WATCHED THE LAST MOVIE* Snape died :cry: It's crazy, but I literally lost it :shocked: You get so involved in the books and movies that the characters seem real. The love of my life died and I feel like I've never quite recovered from it :P

But, the HP books and movies are so brilliant, I love them :) I just wish they didn't have to end! I also have a thing for Lucius, hehe :biggrin: Professor McGonagol was awesome in the last movie :D I have a Snape bust and action figure, hehe :)

Favorite characters - Snape, Lucius, Draco, Luna, Lupin, and I also really like Dumbledore and Dobby.
Least favorite - Umbridge, Percy, Fudge, and the new Minister of Magic (can't remember his name)
My Wish List

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
A lot of my family loves Harry Potter! My mother buys the books from yardsales (only hardcover) so my niece and nephews can have their own set. I also completed a Gryffindor and Ravenclaw friendship bracelets recently. I'm also playing an old computer game, planning on reading the fifth book again soon, getting something HP related for my friend for Christmas...

what is my life  :nerdy:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
I will admit that when I get into a Harry Potter phase, it's always fueled by my love of slash fanfics. I'm too embarrassed to admit my favorite pairing. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »
I've read the books and seen the movies, but I've never really gotten into the fandom stuff.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
I'm not a big fanfic reader of HP, but I love the books. The audio books are awesome.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
My sister just bought me some Prisoner of Azkaban figures from ebay! I'm so excited! We're also bidding on a Hermoine doll!  :biggrin:

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
LOVE me some Harry Potter! I actually started reading the second book when I picked it up at a friend's house for something to do while I was waiting for her, and I got totally hooked. I actually went to see the movies, not only in the theater, but right when they opened. Usually, even if it's a movie I really want to see, I'll wait for it to come out on dvd because I hate crowds.

When I read The Half Blood Prince and got to the end where Dumbledore dies I was so flabbergasted I actually said out loud, "That can't have just happened!" and IMMEDIATELY started over at the beginning, because I was sure I had missed something the first time through.

I haven't collected any of the merchandise or anything, but I did play the Lego Harry Potter game and LOVED that too! And as a writer myself, JK Rowling is very inspirational to me. I love how her Harry Potter books are so compelling and well written that they're so popular well beyond the young adults they were originally meant for.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal