collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Quality Control worth complaining about  (Read 836 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Quality Control worth complaining about
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
Hubby and I are going through some tight times financially, as are we all right, but he worked very hard last week and we had some extra to get us something. He got some Rum, Victoria got a the wedding castle, and I got Lyra, SunnyRays, and Cherry Berry!

I deboxed them in the car on the way home from target, and as we were going, I noticed something about my poor Cherry Berry...

At first glance, she was perfect! Adorable! Just so sweet and lovely!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And then....I looked closer...

And closer still O_O

Quite literally, is a ripped open blister on her back that goes so deep into the plastic there is no fixing her. I can deal with dents in the plastic, chopped manes, misprinted symbols but this I found very heart breaking. There is just no way to fix her. DO I call Hasbro? Is there anything that can be done? Can I have her replaced?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:36:29 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Quality Control worth complaining about
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »
I'm sure you can get her replaced! And if you don't want her...I'll take her.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »

I'll be honest, I adore this pony, and I'd rather have her with a nasty ripped open blister of plastic than not have her at all. Still, I wonder if hasbro will make me send the pony to them in order to replace, or if they'll even replace the right pony if they even WILL replace her. I'm just so disheartened right now, I was so excited to get her.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »
Return the pony and the package to wherever you bought her. They will refund you for a replacement. Some places ask why, but if it's a place like Walmart half the time they just go "ok" no hassel at all. Show them your poorly taken care of pony and there isn't much to say to that.  You might see if Hasbro has an email for contact customer support and send pictures. Seems people are not having great luck with customer service and complaining. Personally, I would just return it for a refund or a replacement.  I'm not overly worried with the new ponies about some of the flaws they come out with, but that is pretty awful. I would think there would be no problem in that area.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »

I'll be honest, I adore this pony, and I'd rather have her with a nasty ripped open blister of plastic than not have her at all. Still, I wonder if hasbro will make me send the pony to them in order to replace, or if they'll even replace the right pony if they even WILL replace her. I'm just so disheartened right now, I was so excited to get her.
I had an order problem on Hasbrptoyshop last month, I got a wonky Trixie and a missing Lyra in place of a double., they replaced them both, and I didn't have to send my extra back!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »

I had an order problem on Hasbrptoyshop last month, I got a wonky Trixie and a missing Lyra in place of a double., they replaced them both, and I didn't have to send my extra back!

Would they do the same given that I bought this in store, and didn't order her online? I'd really like to try and see what can be done because I really want this pony.

Return the pony and the package to wherever you bought her. They will refund you for a replacement. Some places ask why, but if it's a place like Walmart half the time they just go "ok" no hassel at all. Show them your poorly taken care of pony and there isn't much to say to that.  You might see if Hasbro has an email for contact customer support and send pictures. Seems people are not having great luck with customer service and complaining. Personally, I would just return it for a refund or a replacement.  I'm not overly worried with the new ponies about some of the flaws they come out with, but that is pretty awful. I would think there would be no problem in that area.

You know me, I think some of the complaints people have about quality is silly but I was shocked to see just how bad this is. You can literally peel the plastic back, like there was massive air bubbles in the plastic that gave her peeling blisters. I'm afraid this won't stop me from buying ponies, but it was also the last cherry berry on the shelf. I was really attracted to her colors and wide eyes gleeful expression.

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »
I got a pony with an issue that was bought in a store, and they let me exchange for another of the same pony. CB is new. I bet you can find another one local. I'd take some pics though and email them to Hasbro.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
Ugg, that's awful! I'm so sorry.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »
really sorry about the dud pony...... I cannot belive they would let it be shipped out looking like that.

I would take it back to the store as a faulty item.  They should either let you exchange or give you a refund if it has been openned or not........

....but she is very cute.......................... :cry: what a waste

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Maybe you can peel it back and file the rough edges?  Especially if it was the last Cherry Berry on the shelf!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »
I would see if he store has her in stock.  If so, return or exchange her - I don't think the store would mind if you show them the (obvious) damage.

If not, contact Hasbro customer service and see what they offer.  Explain that you want Cherry specifically and see if they're willing to replace her with that pony.  If you don't like the offer, you can always decline.

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
Maybe you can peel it back and file the rough edges?  Especially if it was the last Cherry Berry on the shelf!
When I pull the plastic flap back, you can see it's kinda like a flesh wound, in a way. It goes too deep so if you try to rip it off there would be a gouge in her. There's air pockets under neath, and it's poreous. I just tried to get pics and they don't show up well though :( I don't think filing it would help its appearance...

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:11 PM »
That is so sad. I'm so sorry. Its unexcusable, but sometimes things slip past qc. I would take the pony, package and reciept to the store it was purchased. Big stores like target and walmart should give a refund, or if they have her on the shelf an even exchange. Same thing with a little store.

If the store does not have her or will not take her back, contact hasbro directly. Save all packages and reciepts. I got a defective once, sent it back only to get another defective pony. After two tries I received the same pony back so it was all good.

Good luck getting a replacement. Please let me know if you need a lookout for another. A local drug sotre had one the other day.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:02:54 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Thats such a shame :hug:

Ponies are like any other product - if you are not happy with her the first thing is to pop her back in her box and take her back to the store for a replacement. Show them the issue and most retailers will be happy to trade.

Your problem comes if they dont have the same pony in stock, then [depending on how big the retailer is] you may be able to return her to an alternative branch and swap her there. And finally if this isnt possible or none of the retailers local enough branches have her, you should try Hasbro. But you should certainly be aware while Hasbro will probably be happy to replace her for you, you "may" not get the same product back. Although if she is in stock on HTS then hopefully you ll be fine.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal