collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning those sassy G3 ponies!  (Read 508 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Cleaning those sassy G3 ponies!
« on: September 07, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »
In which we examine G3 specific cleaning issues!  :enthralled:

I just wanted to ask you all:

How do you clean your G3 ponies?

1) Do you remove the head to clean?
   a) if so, why and how do you go about it (Boiling, cutting/file, etc.) and what are your cleaning methods due to this.
   b) If not, why and what are your cleaning methods due to this.

So then basically: How do you clean/spa/shampoo/style pony hair? According to the above.

2) Any other methods to cleaning G3 lovelies that you feel need to be expressed! (Or on magnet/hoof issues if you want)

I have some fairly dirty ones and thought the advice could be helpful not only to me but others as well who are wary of removing their heads or other issues.

:chat:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:37:16 PM by TrixieStix »

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Cleaning those sassy G3 ponies!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
I do not pull heads off G3's unless they show signs of rust or inside grossstuff :)

I use Magic Erasers to clean their bodies, and condition their hair like I do G1 ponies. Depending on where I plan on displaying them, I will sometimes pup the magnet out if they have one (if displaying on top of a TV or other electronic devices)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »
I use soap and water and baby shampoo on the hair. If they are super dirty i soak them in oxyclean that helps.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:57:11 PM »
Depending on where I plan on displaying them, I will sometimes pup the magnet out if they have one (if displaying on top of a TV or other electronic devices)

Nice! Wouldn't want to ruin those awesome electronics. :)

invaderhorizongreen:

Baby shampoo is a good idea! I should try that on all my ponies, I bet it's luscious.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
I don't pull the heads off, either.

I use a Magic Eraser to get all the grime off the body. When I am shampooing/conditioning, I am careful to not let the stream get too close to the body and I hold the pony in a way that the hair is hanging straight down its plug(s), allowing gravity to do a lot of the work for me.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
I wash their body with dawn dish detergent, rinse their hair, leave Em with conditioner and curlers for a few hours, take the curlers out, and then take pics!! :D

I'm
afraid to take off their heads and magnets...  :scared:
so I just leave em be.

oh forgot to say I use magic eraser too :3

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
I don't pop their heads often. They're pretty new and I haven't found any gross insides like on G1's yet. I clean with a magic eraser for the most part and a fingernails for stubborn marks. Also sunfading stains in the plastic.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
I don't pull the heads off, either.

I use a Magic Eraser to get all the grime off the body. When I am shampooing/conditioning, I am careful to not let the stream get too close to the body and I hold the pony in a way that the hair is hanging straight down its plug(s), allowing gravity to do a lot of the work for me.

See I want to avoid pulling heads off too, I'll have to attempt this carefully then when I am cleaning!

I'm
afraid to take off their heads and magnets...  :scared:
so I just leave em be.

Me too! I want to clean without rusting the insides out, while keeping heads intact :X

Also sunfading stains in the plastic.

Ok so G3s don't have any major problems with sunfading? That's good news! Maybe specific colors like the G1s have problems?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 02:57:41 AM »
I do not pull heads off G3's unless they show signs of rust or inside grossstuff :)

I use Magic Erasers to clean their bodies, and condition their hair like I do G1 ponies. Depending on where I plan on displaying them, I will sometimes pup the magnet out if they have one (if displaying on top of a TV or other electronic devices)

Agreed. To be fair you probably never have to clean the inside of a G3 as they are not 'old' yet, unless of course they are damp due to being in water. However those heads are very difficult to come off, although not all G3sheads are glued on.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »
1) Do you remove the head to clean?
   a) if so, why and how do you go about it (Boiling, cutting/file, etc.) and what are your cleaning methods due to this.
   b) If not, why and what are your cleaning methods due to this.
Only if there is signs of internal issues would I remove a G3 thread. However, seldom do I give ponies an all in bath its not worth the potential issues of water getting inside. I use anti-bacterial and baby wipes to clean the pony over and a magic eraser to remove any marks - honestly I find that covers most cleanliness issues with them.

So then basically: How do you clean/spa/shampoo/style pony hair? According to the above.
I use baby shampoo because its mild but very good at getting through dirt and oil which over grooming/human hands can leave behind. I simply leave a pony's hair in the style she originally came with - which is normally straight, wavy curl or ringlets. For the first thats an easy brush, for the second i use foam curlers and for the last straws to curl.

2) Any other methods to cleaning G3 lovelies that you feel need to be expressed! (Or on magnet/hoof issues if you want)
The cleaning/restoring thread at the top of the Corral is great for some tips :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

StarBee

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Something else to note about G3s and not having to remove their heads; they won't have tail rust as they have plastic washers holding their tails in instead of the metal ones. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal