collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...  (Read 4299 times)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who did you unexpectedly fall for...
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
TE Galaxy. Actually, all the TEs used to freak me out, but after I restored and cleaned my Galaxy, I fell in absolute love with her. She is now my favorite pony and because of her, I want to continue buying TEs.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
Perfume PUffs. At first I didn't care for the look of the hair, then I saw and *touched* one in person... Now I have three of the G1s (that's all--don't care for the colors of the other ones) and one custom "Perfume Puff Sweet Suds" G4. I love to pick one up and gently wrap my hand around the puffery, then let it spring back into shape.  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:45:14 PM by MoonStars »

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »
So much love for the Perfume Puffs now! I was the same, thought they were creepy with weird hair but I love mine now!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
So soft ponies for me, I didn't like the flocking and thought they would be the last sets I would complete... but when I found a bag of them while thrifting I totally fell in love =)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
Perfume Puffs.  I thought they were dumb-looking.  But then I met up with OL1 for the first time and she had one with her.  The hair was so soft and fluffy, I couldn't stop petting it.  And then I decided I needed Red Roses for my yellow/pink army, so I tracked her down and totally fell in love.  She is just beautiful!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
It was the G4 ponies for me. For the last 2 and half years I really did not like them. I did look at the time to time. And now that is most of my collection......LOL

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
I'm (almost shamefully) jumping on the perfume puff bandwagon here....  Totally converted when I got my Sweet Lily. Before that, I thought they looked utterly ridiculous, and never, ever thought I'd go there!

I also grew a soft spot for the BnG's, again... I didn't really like them. Then I got Pretty Vision in a lot and she changed my mind completely. I'm now working on completing the princess BnG set. 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
Teeny Tiny Babies.  I really didn't like them when I first started collecting and then one day I got one in a thrift store bag and my opinion of them changed after I found that one.  I was surprised at how cute they looked in person.  Also unicorns. I typically don't like unicorns.  Then I finally started buying some and now I don't really dislike them anymore, but I am still much more fond of pegasus ponies.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
g3s and collector pose ponies I use to hate them but now love them

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »
It would definitely be G4's for me.  In the beginning I thought they looked like ferrets and not ponies.  Eventually, seeing them pop up so often I checked them out and I was in love...Oh the horror :D!
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
G4 in general.  I wasn't keeping up with the online community when they came out, so the first time I saw them was just happening to pass by them in the store.  It was a bit of a shock.  But after a while they started to grow on me.

Also, I'm not particularly a fan of pink ponies but G1 Whizzer and G3 Forsythia are two pink ponies that I just really like for some reason.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:23 PM »
Yellow ponies. Not that I had anything against them, but yellow has always been my least favorite color. It never appealed to me. But when I went over my list of the ponies I thought were the prettiest, for some reason most of them were yellow. It was so weird! Maybe it's because two of my childhood favorites were my yellow fakie and Lemondrop?  Well, "somehow", even though I said the only bigger ponies I'd collect would be childhood ones, I ended up with Dancing Butterflies and Rosedust, and even a G3 Meadowbrook, and I'm on the lookout for Bubbles and maybe Bumblesweet... Now I have to admit a gruding respect for the color yellow because it has produced so many glorious ponies.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
G3s.  I saw them as a feeble attempt to recapture the magic that was the original MLPs, and turned my nose up at them every time I saw them (which, in retrospect, seemed to be everywhere... the ponies wanted me back! :blink:).  Then while I was cleaning, I found the six McHenna Ponies my dad had gotten me as a lark when they were issued.  I had just gotten back into the idea of collecting again, and I had to find out more about these pretty darlings.  A few websites later, I was hooked, and now I :heart: me my G3s!  And all the other gens, including the poor maligned G3.5s, though they aren't exactly my favourites... yet... :P

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
It's unbelievable but G2 Ivy suddenly became a top pony for me, for a long while.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
G2,G3 and G4 :P
i swore only early G1's well that went out the window, once you have the pony in your hands you soon change your mind

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal