collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone notice the MIB Nesthackchen Baby auction - with English box?!  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Exciting discovery!!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
I almost fell off my chair when I saw this post!!! How biazzare! The English names aren't very creative though. I would have prefer to call my babies by what I have been calling them still. lol

Baby Cubes, Baby Rattle, and Baby Ducky

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Hmm... it could also possibly be South Africa since there were some MIP UK ponies there last year sometime in the shop. 

I'm wondering if the husband has access to a Hasbro warehouse where they stored unsold items or even ones in preproduction.  1992 was the year ponies stopped being sold in the UK so perhaps the Nestie babies were being prepared for release but never got into ful production.  Up to that point most ponies were released right across Europe so it might be that the German market kept going for a little while longer with the nestie babies... out of slightly related interest does anyone know when the Dutch ponies were released?

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
interesting! i never knew they had english names either!

but... those names... baby bye byes? XD the names are pretty odd!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Hmm... it could also possibly be South Africa since there were some MIP UK ponies there last year sometime in the shop. 

I'm wondering if the husband has access to a Hasbro warehouse where they stored unsold items or even ones in preproduction.  1992 was the year ponies stopped being sold in the UK so perhaps the Nestie babies were being prepared for release but never got into ful production.  Up to that point most ponies were released right across Europe so it might be that the German market kept going for a little while longer with the nestie babies... out of slightly related interest does anyone know when the Dutch ponies were released?

I think the Dutch ponies were released in 1995. At least, that's what I always heard... they were the last year of G1's sold anywhere in Europe. Maybe someone with first hand knowledge can verify that? ;)

Offline natevansate

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Customs
I have the original box art for the nestie babyies and a few others as well which I have been meaning to photograph and show. I will look at it again as I think there where a few languaes on the art work. I will try and get the photos up tonight.

visitors can't see pics , please
register or login

I want a Baby Ribbs army! 2 loose, 1 MIB and 1 MOC argie!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon

south africa ~ now that is a good thought, i am wracking my brains to see if i can remember what was said. the search at the old arena won't work :(

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
I thought I'd replied to this but I guess not! I'm almost positive it wasn't for a UK market - they are very hard to come by here, moreso than most other German released ponies for some reason. Unless this was a one off/test run of English language packaging intended for a wider release that never happened.

I wouldn't expect South Africa to get it's own re-packaging - I get the impression that it wasn't a huge market. I'm not sure where it could be for though... could even be just for a wider European release and English was the most widely known language.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
Okay Guys!!

Are you ready??

I was the lucky ducky who won the auction with Nestie Baby Würflechen (Playful) MIB in UK Box at ebay!!

I was waiting to hold her in my hands before I joined this discusion.

Here is a pic for you all:

Everybody was wondering where she was sold or released.
I was also wondering when I first saw the auction.

This is the info the box gives away:

My opinion is that they were released for the UK market, but they never showed up in stores lately.
It the same mystic find like my MOC Baby Candy on german card or 2 Moc Nurse ponies I saw before on german card... I guess they were als produced for the german market but never made it to the stores as well..

Maybe we'll find out one day were these "special" and "mystic" finds come from. ;)

Well - as you all know and see - my little Baby is missing her stalk toy/stalker. Anybody out there who can help me with a replacement stalk toy?? Please pm me - I'm sure we'll work something out - I'm happy to buy or to trade!!

**Hugs**

Sternenstaub

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
That is a strange box. Still not sure what to make of it.

It has... *squint*... Portuguese, Danish, and Greek language on it?

-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Well done sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased she stayed with someone who is willing to share the info...

Can I ask as well..what are the other languages..? French and Spanish?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

pinjalinnea

• Trade Count: (0)
I think there's swedish/norwegian there too.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Thinking aloud Greece had some later ponies on English card like the Family Friend ponies.

I think you could be right that she's just a tester or might have been next in line to be released in the UK before they stopped making them - that date of 1992 would put her right in that timeframe.

I'll have to look through my pics and see if I have one of the stack toy :)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Okay Guys!!

Are you ready??

I was the lucky ducky who won the auction with Nestie Baby Würflechen (Playful) MIB in UK Box at ebay!!

I was waiting to hold her in my hands before I joined this discusion.

OMG congratulations, that is awesome! Since you are in Germany, how well do the English names line up with the German names that we have known them by for so long? I only know that Schlummerlein has something to do with slumber, which kind of makes sense with her story on the box and that someone in another thread thought that "Baby Bye Byes" probably came from "beddy byes."
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Congrats Sternenstaub!!! That is an awesome win :lovey: I can't quite make out the writing on the photo, but I guess the box was designed for a more general European release?

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal