collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want to know about Peruvians.  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
I want to know about Peruvians.
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:19:56 AM »
These darn Nirvanas just keep growing on me and my wishlist keeps expanding! I now have my eye on Peruvian Baby Medley and possibly Baby Cotton Candy. Medley was my first pegasus pony ever when I was little and I always thought she needed a baby.

I looked at the Peruvian page on mylittlewiki and saw the pictures, I've also watched some auctions on e-bay to see about what these babies go for.

Can someone tell me what they are like? Are they hard plastic or squishy? How is their hair? Do their symbols hold up or do they bleed? Are most of them in decent condition or do their eyes, bodies, hair, etc., require a lot of restoration?

Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
Re: I want to know about Peruvians.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:25:35 AM »
I will be able to tell you all about Baby Medley in a few days as soon as the one that I just bought arrives in the mail :) She will be my first peruvian pony. Like you, I felt that my childhood Medley needed a baby!

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question in the meantime :)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:37:01 AM »
recently some Peruvian ponies ended on ebay
and IMO they ended up WAAAAAAAAAY overpriced in teh bidding wars
granted, it's been a while since they've been on ebay, and they were in nice condition...but only the gusty pose unicorns should have gone over $100
I was shocked

sometimes they come with very nice hair, and othertimes it's dry and frizzy, similar to brazil or argentina. bodies are pretty normal, no squishyness, and no bleeding issues
it's a real mix between nice condition and ones that need TLC. poor baby ribbon/bowtie seems to be the hardest to find in really nice condition. parasol also seems to suffer from more wear
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:39:03 AM by Roogna »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:49:25 AM »
Most of them have a distinct smell kind of like wax crayons.  And green hair tends to frizz very easily.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
granted, it's been a while since they've been on ebay, and they were in nice condition...but only the gusty pose unicorns should have gone over $100

Ponies are worth what people are willing to pay... I think that it's safe to assume that after three or four of the same pony (for example, Baby Medley) selling for a certain price, it's no longer just a question of bidding wars. It means that more people are interested in this particular pony and it can be said that this pony's value has gone up, at least for the time being. I've been watching baby Medley's sales for a couple of months now (because I really wanted one) and it didn't really seem to me like there were major bidding wars, as the value went up gradually in the days leading to the auction's end and not in the last few seconds. At least that was my interpretation...

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »
yeah, I've been watching the peruvian baby medly auctions too (as I need her myself), and bidding wars don't have to happen in just the last seconds ;)
that particular baby does seem to be very popular at the moment (in the past she sold for $50-70)

the unicorns are always popular and in high demand, but I was still surprised to see those prices for them o.O

I put bids in for all of them...on the high end of their "value" and got outbid a couple days into the auctions
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:45:53 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
I bought the last baby Medley that sold, after I felt pretty sure what to bid in order to win. I think I got her for a little less because the shipping price was high (at least it was for Canada) but the seller already sent me a refund because she was able to ship her for much less. So I was pretty happy :) But that should be the end for me when it comes to peruvians since all I'm really after is one pony from each country! She was my favourite out of all the peruvians...

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
I won Mummy ribbon and my max bid was a lot more than what I paid for her :) I've seen her go for $400 so I don't think she was overpriced at all..

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »
for those of us who werent watching...
what were the ending bids?
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
Mommy ribbon $205 :)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I'll keep watching the e-bay auctions and bid what I can afford, and hope to get one some day.

Sillymoosey, congrats on your Baby Medley. I hope she is wonderful!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
I was shocked

I was involved in those. :P Although I only won a Baby Medley. I put in some heafty bids on the others and was surprised I didn't end up with more. They were very lovely so I figured that it would be worth it to pay a bit more and have them shipped together. I've never really been into the peruvians, but they were so pretty and caught my eye on Ebay and I couldn't resist bidding!

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
Mommy ribbon $205 :)
oh ya thats normal to me :)
what about the babies?
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
The Peru babies have had a price shift in the last year or so. Baby Medley & Baby Blossom have consistently sold for much higher than they did a few years prior. At one point Peru Babies topped out around $50-60, but the Pegasus babies have been going for around $100+ on multiple occasions. Baby Cotton Candy usually only sells for $20-30 & Baby Bowtie/Ribbon is still in that $40-60 range.

I was the seller of the most recent Baby Medley & I can say she was MINT. The yellow Peru Medleys tend to fade & a truly yellow one is hard to find. You often see them called "white Medley" but that's the equivalent of a "white hair Posey or Wind Whistler". ;)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
I didn't see  the recent auctions, but I do love Peruvians! They're some of my faves actually, and some that have clung on in my collection as I thinned it out. Not sure what it is about them though. The crayon smell is kind of endearing after a while (well, when it's not too potent). Roogna pretty much covered the other questions :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal