collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What does your SO think of your pony collecting?  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What does your SO think of your pony collecting?
« on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
Are they patient and understanding? Do they collect with you? Do they go eww and tolerate them for your sake?

He's not interested in them much, but he does think they're pretty and wants me to show him whenever I get a new one or see one that I really want. He's patient and listens to me prattle on for a while and he does own a DJ Pon-3 cuz he likes her. He's even bought me a couple.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: What does your SO think of your pony collecting?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:26:12 AM »
My wife is supportive.  She collects Fluttershy, though has slowed up recently.
My kids are ... let's say  ENABLING!  LOL.   Dad GET THAT ONE! XD

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »
My husband is mildly amused by it all but is very tolerant.  Especially when ponies take over the house for cleaning, photography, shipping and all the other stuff involved with selling them.  As long as I'm not destroying our finances with ponies, he's a happy camper.  And my rule is ponies must pay for ponies so he and I get along just fine. ;)
Silverdawn

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
I blame my fiancé for starting my collection, since I didn't have a job (and thus, no money) when he began buying me G4 brushables back in 2011.  Even though I work now and can buy my own ponies, he can't help but to spoil me between paychecks. :lol: He even bought my first G1 pony for me last year: a Nightglider that I wasn't sure I wanted to drop the money on at the time so...yeah. Both my G1 and G4 collections are his fault.  :P

It helps that he likes ponies too (at least G4) and also has collections of his own for the things that he enjoys.

He even completely understands my need for a pony room, so that's always in the back of his mind whenever we're looking at houses. I knew there was a reason why I said yes when he proposed!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:56:37 AM »
My boyfriend supports my collection. He still has tons of Breyers and other model horses from his childhood (he's horse-crazy too!) and when we first started dating and I saw his old room at his parents' house he said, "I have a lot of horses, don't I?" and I said, "lol I have more." He was surprised when he saw my collection for the first time but he's never said they're weird or I need to get rid of them. He says everyone has their thing and that's true. Sometimes he comes into my office where I work (we live together now) and says, "Yep you've got a lot of ponies." but he loves me and lets me do whatever I want. :)

I'd say "mildly amused" is a good word to describe my boyfriend's reaction too, silverdawn. :D He doesn't say anything when my ponies have taken over the counter in the big bathroom for spa days!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Haha my husband pretends he hates them and mocks me about them, but secretly he doesn't mind. He allowed me to get a display cabinet for them, went with me to pick it up. He's bought me a few as presents, mostly I pick the one I want online and he says, "ok, that can count as a present from me". But I showed him a picture of Baby Applejack and he searched for and bought me that one himself, no help!! He even said he'd be willing to come to PonyCon with me this year!! So really he's pretty good, he just likes to pretend he's not!!

Jules x

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »
My boyfriend thinks it's a mix of cool and sweet. We met because of ponies though so he's bound to be somewhat enthusiastic at least  :P

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
My fiancé encouraged me to start collecting, he was fully supportive, and he also collects vintage toys so he really understands my feelings about my ponies.

We only have a small flat, so my ponies are kind of the centre of attention because their shelf is somewhat in the middle of the flat.  :lol: But that in no way bothers him - he thinks they're cool and sweet, and that they are a really fun and colourful thing to collect. He often strikes up conversations about my ponies and is really interested in them and their stories (generations, different versions of same pony, ...)  :)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
My BF thinks I'm odd and I agree! :P 

He seems to prefer me making rehairs and customs than just collecting, because he thinks it's more interesting and artistic. :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
I do not currently have a SO, but my ex saw it for what it was: I'm really, really easy to buy presents for! But he was very supportive, too (I'm the one who was not supportive of his life goal of being lazy forever).

meskhetyw

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 11:05:06 AM »
When I told my boyfriend I collect ponies, he thought it was cute and all. Then he came to my house for the first time and got scared. He expected 5-10 of them, not 100. But he learned to be okay with my hobby, even though it creeps him out  :lol:

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
My husband just laughs. He knows I have my obsessions and lets me enjoy them lol. He really doesn't care what I buy or do. Funny thing though, I have not bought a single pony for myself in over 2 years!

That's because my brother buys them for me! He lives done south in the big city, and occasionally picks up ponies and mails them to me. XD I don't even ask, it's just a box will show up with a pony! I think it's funny cause he's not a fan at all, yet he goes picking through the toy isles to find me Pinkies he thinks I need (I'll culled the collection to strictly Pinkie now). He says he uses the "it's for my baby sister" routine when he's looked at funny, especially cause he's this big tough looking mechanic. Which, while technically true... he just doesn't tell him that his "baby sister" is 30. XD

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
He's pretty supportive.  He doesn't mind as long as I don't go too crazy.  He knows I love my collection.

He's the one who told me to get some ponies on eBay.  He was sick of me complaining about how my childhood toys were given away without my permission.  I'm pretty sure he didn't think a couple of ponies would turn into over 300 plus a ton of vintage LPS.

My collecting has slowed down in the past couple of years so I think he's happy about that.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
He thinks it's adorable and requested I make a list of ponies (with headshots he said, lol) I still need so he can buy me every last one (and insisted after I said that would be hundreds of ponies). He's cute, he's really supportive. He likes to be cute by making me themed cakes and other sweets too spontaneously. :heart: :lovey:

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »
My BF thinks I'm odd and I agree! :P 

He seems to prefer me making rehairs and customs than just collecting, because he thinks it's more interesting and artistic. :)

This is my fiance too. Although he does like Rainbow Dash :)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal