collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What drew you to MLP?  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
What drew you to MLP?
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:48:04 AM »
So what drew you personally to MLP; either as an adult, a child, or both!  I love to hear the unique reasons people were drawn to colorful plastic fantasy horses!

I started of by watching FiM, back when it was in it's second season.  I tend to enjoy kids shows a lot and I liked how it was about animals and had a fantasy setting.  On one of my birthdays some of my extended family gave me some G4 brushables and I loved them to death.  Eventually I got inspired to look at the older generations, and was really impressed by the fun settings of MLP and all the wonderful colors.  From pastel to neon, it just made me happy!  I bought some G3 ones and have been stuck ever since.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: What drew you to MLP?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:23:54 AM »
Commercials  :P.  I was 7 or 8 when the first generation of MLP came out.  I don't know when the first cartoons were broadcasts but I don't remember ever watching one as a child.  What brought me back in was nostalgia and a difficult period of time in my life. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »
No idea. I have always loved horses, so I guess my parents thought it would be a nice toy for me. I bet now they wish they hadn't started this obsession.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:29:21 AM »
I love horses/ponies. I have always. I even got a real one for my ninth birthday. Mlp is a perfect fit. Ooo I also had a pony birthday party when I was five. Two beautiful ponies decked out in ribbons and lace that we got rides on all around our yard. Every single person I invited showed up for that one ;)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
I can totally nail it! Lol :D
1. Ive been horse crazy from the very beginning. There is even a pic of me (aged 2) with a foal and my grandma told me how much I wanted to take this baby horse home, I even cried my heart out when we had to leave.
2. Unicorn and pegasus crazy here too from my earliest days! The Last unicorn was one of the films I have really early memories of. I adored it as a kid and still do.

that makes MLP perfect for me! Horses + unicorns + pegasi! Perfect toys for me as a kid! And the love is still as strong as it was back then :) <3

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
For me it's been a lifelong love of fantasy, and colorful magical horses living beyond the rainbow were just my kryptonite. I still feel that way!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
G4. When the brony fandom started and ponies started to flood the internet, eventually I broke into it and decided to give it a watch. Best decision in years. Then, when G4 started to fall flat in terms of overall quality I decided to take a look at the thing everybody hated for rather non-sensical or hypocritical reasons: the previous generations. That was my other best decision in years.

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:59:22 AM »
I love horses and wanted a little pony of my own (still do I keep telling my husband). Starlite from Rainbow Brite was my favourite and then a kind family friend bought me honeycomb and I was over the moon :) ahhhh happy days X

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
Personnally it was G4, i heard of the brony fandom by a friend and i wanted to know how people could like a little girls show.I watched one episode, and then i fell in love with it.For other generations, it's just that by seeing them more and more i begin to hate them less and less, and at one moment i decided to create an account on this site and it was done, i began to collect g1 and g3.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
I am horse crazy and I had a lot of the G1 toys growing up as well as watching My Little Pony and Friends and Tales. G3 toys made me fall in love all over again.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:34 AM »
As a child, I'm not sure. Maybe I saw commercials for it? I do remember watching the cartoons. It probably helped that my best friend had ponies, too. As an adult, I picked up the first G3s that came out. Next I started looking at the Dream Valley website, and wanting to recreate my childhood collection. Then I joined the Arena and gave G4s a try. Ponies are a slippery slope.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 11:39:34 AM »
I was 5, and the unicorn in the package was pink with blue hair.  ;) 

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
I've always loved horses but for most of my childhood MLP was a guilty pleasure for me, at the start of G3 I decided: Screw it, I'm gonna let myself LOVE MLP and thus the craze began

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »
G1 -
I loved horses/ponies as a child.. but strangely enough I never watched the cartoons growing up. I vaguely remember watching bits and pieces of Rescue to/at? Midnight Castle. ..Back then, the focus was more on Care Bears and She Ra..  :lol: But anyways, regarding the MLP toy line, my mom and grandma helped start it all.  ^.^

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »
At first I think it was burning envy! When I was a kid (in lat 80's early 90's g1 days), we were pretty low income. My two best friends familys were way better off and they both had huge amounts of MLPs. I can remember sighing over them and playing with them when i went to their houses to play, and one friend would let me borrow one until we next saw each other for a play date (we always used to exchange toys) So, for a few years MLP were these wonderful, exotic, completely unattainable toys.

Then one day my friends mum gave me a hand me down Shady (my friend didn't want her) and she was like the holy grail or something. I never had many as a young child as my parents could only afford them for christmas and birthdays. So they were always very special. When I was 11-13 with my own pocket money, i used to get 2ns had ponies from school fetes and things. I think G2 was about by then.

I don't know ... they have always just been a toy I loved and cherished. I never truly "grew out" of them, just put them away for a few years. Then when I was about 18, I discovered Ebay. That was it really ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal