collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: - The Do You Remember - Thred!  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: - The Do You Remember - Thred!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 10:52:08 AM »
I remember me and Aadra310 getting really excited for her neighborhood garage sale every year, and making our poor mothers chauffeur us all over the state looking for flea markets and antique malls. 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
I remember the last gen one pony I ever got at a toy store. she was the blue mermaid one, I sill need her pink sister.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 03:11:52 PM »
I remember watching the G1 TV series, every time it was on.  I didn't care if they were repeats or not I watched them.  The same goes for MLP Tales, I couldn't get enough.  I do remember picking out my first two G1's in the store.  I hadn't yet become entirely familiar with all the characters, I just picked out the ones I liked based on how they looked.  I think I got then at Woolworth's.  I got Princess Royal Blue and Teeny Tiny Baby Little Whiskers.  I played with them so much that both ponies had grass stains on them.  Later on a childhood friend came over and put a bunch of G1's of hers on my bed and told me to pick out the ones I wanted.  I got So-Soft Twist, Princess Starburst, Moondancer, and Twilight.

I used to pretend that Twist was a male, because to me she looked like a male, because her purple had faded to gray and she had bright orange hair so she looked like a male pony.  I hadn't yet seen the episode Somnambula so I didn't know the male ponies had flocking on their hooves.  So, Moondancer and Twist were a couple and Teeny Tiny Baby Little Whiskers was their baby who was a newborn unicorn who wasn't old enough to have her horn yet.  :biggrin:

Later on I gave away those ponies to a childhood friend who was a few years younger than me, because I thought I was too old.  Boy do I regret that.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
I love all these stories. I wish I had better memories of my childhood encounters with ponies!
Sadly, I can only remember watching Dancing in the Clouds when I lived on a farm, and begging my mom for a beach towel specifically because it had Sparkleworks on it. (If you ever catch me calling Sparkleworks my child, now you know why)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »
Nice thread.  :)

I remember unwrapping both Wind Whistler and Raincurl on separate Christmas mornings.  I also remember playing with Wind Whistler at the mall, upstairs, by a bench (I later lost her, probably on the same day.). I still have Raincurl, though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
I remember playing ponies with my best friend. We would put all ponies in a big pile and take turns choosing ponies. :) trucker and chief were always at the top of the list.

I dont remember ponies on TV. But I remember them on vhs from the video rental store! ;) I only rented then once or twice tho. I rented other movies that I liked better...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
My Little Ponies were the theme of my two year old birthday party.. I have photos with glory, moondancer, and all the twinkle eye ponies..I don't remember a time without them quite honestly. I remember watching escape from midnight castle over and over and over again. I remember moondancer was my ultimate favorite pony.. I loved the red and white color scheme and would watch as she got carried off by the dragons in the video. (I also loved paradise from the tv series.) My favorite part of the movie was firefly and megan soaring together through the clouds singing.. So magical!. Some times I watched it with my neighbor Danielle.. We use to play ponies and had sleepovers together and would always bring our most prized ponies.. She had the video escape from Catrina so when we were at her house we watched that one. I remember seeing her dream beauty with wings and thinking that it was some sort of barbie fantasy horse.  I remember going to the toy store after report cards came out and getting a toy as a reward every semester.. I would run into the store and down the aisles in search of the my little pony section.. I would rummage and find the ponies I chose as my bounty.. I remember having a big gold chest filled with hundreds of my ponies. I remember getting my hand slammed in the chest several times as I was searching for a particular pony. I remember that awful day when I rushed into the toy store after getting A's all semester and the clerk telling me that my little ponies were being discontinued.. I remember feeling my heart drop and every time then after I would always look for my little ponies anyway, hoping for leftover stock.. Years and years and years passed until finally the g2s came out.. But still I remember thinking that they were a pale comparison to the much loved g1s.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:55:56 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
I remember going to my friend's house and I had given her a doll. We were playing princesses. (I hated playing games like that but she was so nice so I played with her) and she gave me MGR Sunnybunch. I didn't know her name at the time so I called her Cassidy.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 06:26:13 PM »
I saw this on Tumblr and thought of this thread. I wish I had pony memories growing up but mine were LPS.

http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com/post/64216960904/toy-store-aisle-circa-1984
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
I remember looking in awe at the "wall of ponies" in Woolworths and picking out Masquerade for my very own :) Thanks Mum!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
Nostalgic thread :) I remember watching Firefly's Adventure and then bouncing around on the couches, pretending I could fly. I have awesome memories of playing ponies with my little sister; sometimes we'd pretend the Stronadons (sp?) from Firefly's Adventure were attacking our little village, but mostly they had peaceful lives. We set up intricate houses using our other toys for our ponies. The main castle/house was my sister's Dream Dollhouse, while other houses were made out of the Lullabye Nursery, our various iterations of the Pretty Parlor (including the G2 version and the Littlest Pet Shop one), and boxes and books. The baby ponies got little teddy bears or sometimes Petite Ponies to play with, and we had pony-sized furniture and such. We also had clothes, barrettes, etc. for them and so much more.   

I remember playing ponies with my best friend. We would put all ponies in a big pile and take turns choosing ponies. :)

Oh, that's exactly how my sister and I would do it, except for we had to close our eyes to be fair, and then we could trade at the end.

I saw this on Tumblr and thought of this thread. I wish I had pony memories growing up but mine were LPS.

http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com/post/64216960904/toy-store-aisle-circa-1984

I love the picture of the pony (and Rainbow Brite) aisle. I'm too young to even remember a wall of ponies like that; my memories of ponies in stores are of just a few to choose from, usually from one set. (I was born in 1987, so circa 1990-1992.) Once or twice I bought two of the same pony; I had twin Baby Honey Pies and twin Baby Pineapples. (Pine and Apple, respectively :lol:)

Roxanne

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 04:34:10 AM »
I was born in 1991, so I am too young to have had G1 memories, probably. Instead I had a lot of G2's while growing up!

I remember that some of my G2 ponies had come with a CD. I had two of these CD's. They each had a song on it and one or two stories each. I would play with my ponies while listening to the CD's at the same time, and then I would re-act the stories! I thought that was so much fun to do! Even though I probably didn't have all of the right ponies, it didn't bother me at all! I probably just saw it for what it was; acting! So the ponies got to be someone else for that moment! :lol:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
I love this thread, it's so fun to read all the responses :) Ponies barely appeared in my life until G4, so I don't have many memories to share. I just remember one moment with what I think was my only childhood pony. I was holding a large, flocked pink pony and thumbing at its ear and hooves where the flocking was coming off, and marveling at the different textures. I remember being hypnotized by the change in color. I don't know who the pony was (I just called her Mama Pony), and I don't know what happened to her.

I wish I had other pony stories. I can feel the nostalgia radiating from this thread, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 02:46:58 AM »
I remember finding an awesome fakie in a store. it was a blue Buddy L pony, with a star-shaped jewel on her head. She could do gallopping noises and a whinny when you squeezed her hips. I loved her to pieces!! There were two other colors available and I always wanted to have them all but didnt have any money left and my parents refused to buy her for me. Then one day we had a visitor; it was a neighbor of us and a friend of my dad and I really liked him a lot. He was carrying a plastic bag when he came and I remember it was really bad weather that day! It had been raining all day long and when Rainer arrived he was soaked wet and so was the bag. He pulled something colorful out of it and I immidiately freaked out of joy when I recognized it!! It was the pink version of my beloved Buddy L pony!! Sadly her package had gotten a little wet and so I unpacked her as fast as a could. The package said "Keep away from water" and even if the pony itself didnt get wet from the rain I always thought she had been damaged from it... her sound was much more faint compared to her blue buddy. I kept a very close eye on them both since that day <3 still have them!

I have the pink one as well! Sadly her batteries died a long time ago so she don't do any sound any more, but I loved her as a kid! She was the true Queen of the ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 07:47:30 AM »
I remember when my best friend wanted more room for her Breyers and Grand Champions. So one day she came over with a giant box that had all her ponies! I don't remember who all was there but there was Moondancer, Fizzy, Whizzer, Baby Starflower, Lickety-Split, Sweet Stuff and various others. We spent the afternoon cleaning them up, playing horses, watching cartoons and swimming at the pool. ^.^
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:47:45 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal