collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The appeal of armies?  (Read 3143 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The appeal of armies?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
I feel kinda silly now realizing that many armies came about as an accident rather than done on purpose. I honestly don't know what I'd do with multiples of the same babies since I'm not skilled enough (nor have the time to devote to learning such a craft) to customize them, I just adore them so much I feel sad when I see them for sale with no one who wants them!

I've never been much of a 'completist' kind of collector, but since I'm still missing a  few babies (mostly the ocean and flower themed ones), I wonder if I'll get rid of this urge for a huge army if I focus on completing the whole set instead  :lol:

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
I dont collect many armys or at least I dont think I do, but here recently Ive been buying lots of babys. My daughter asked me this morning if I was collecting the babys to save them from the orpanage. It opened my eyes a little, I need to slower down.....some.  ;)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
I don't have any armies although I would like to collect all the summer and windy wingers. I do love seeing pictures of other people's armies. There are some people with fabulous Fizzy armies and since she was one of my childhood favorites I always get a kick out of seeing a crowd of her.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 04:08:06 PM »
My armies don't get customised, that sort of defeats the point to me. Yes they may get different outfits or hair styles and sometimes I purposefully buy ponies with bad hair so I can do alternate rehairs, but I like the fact that on the surface they all look the same. Look closer however, and every pony is an individual!

My OH commented last weekend about how one of my Beachball's has a bent horn "has it always been bent, I never noticed before".  :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »
My Cheerilee army started out as an accident, although it is mostly made up of different variants, poses and styles.

To me, there is something pleasing about seeing multiples.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal