collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What generation do you wish you could have collected while in shops?  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
Pretty much what the title says. ;) I was able to collect G2 while they were in the shops, G1's I was too little really I got a few though from the shops because I recognize the packaging of baby palm tree and my mum said she bought them for me. Sadly though when G3 came out I was in high school and was too afraid to buy any. :( I saw some beautiful G3's out I really wanted them. I never bought any and missed out.

Now that I'm collecting ponies I find G3's a lot but they aren't in the best condition always and to be honest unless I can see the turning beautifully I won't restore them. I have never opened a G3 ever and would live a MIB just to open it and know what a new G3 is like. Am I going nuts here? Lol

I think if I bought at least one G3 when they were out in the shops I would have loved it. (apart from the core seven I don't like them.)

So what gen do you wish you could have collected while they were in the shops? We're you lucky enough to collect all of them?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What generation do you wish you could have collected while in shops?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »
G1s. Or honestly, even G2s (I was too young for G1s, truthfully.) But I remember looking at G2s with my mom and my reaction being "these... aren't horses. they're not like my other little ponies at all!" Now, though, they've kind've grown on me.

Rococo

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »

G3s. I was too young when G1s  first came out but I was around 17 or so when G3s were released. Definitely old enough to have been purchasing them for myself. Now I'm doomed to get them second hand for the rest of ever.

If I knew back when I was in elementary school that my adult self would love ponies I would have asked my mom and dad for them.  :shifty:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »
The later UK/Euro G1s....I remember being able to pick the earlier ones in shops for special occasions [lol - ponies were expensive enough to be special presents only] but I had shockingly stopped being interested in ponies [I know I know what a terrible thing to admit] by the time I was about 8...and I always think how I missed out on the most amazing sets if only I had been collecting!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 02:11:01 AM »
I was too little when G1s were out to buy them for myself...for the latter half of G2 I was in high school and could have bought them, but I'm really not a fan of them...

But I really wish I had been into collecting ponies when G3s were in stores....I had just started college when they came out and I was in a great position to buy them

Moondancer115

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:27 AM »
I really wish G1's were still in stores :lovey:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »
Another huge regret this was at the same time as the G3's there was a toy shop called toy collector there was a whole window full of ponies. G1's I didn't buy any.  :cry: this shop was just across the road from my high school. I hate my teenager self for this!
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55:36 AM »
G1, because that was the only generation i never bought in stores (since i was too young).

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 04:00:31 AM »
I collected G1 in stores, but I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and do it again.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:43 AM »
I bought my first G1s in toy stores. I just wish I hadn't passed on the mountain boys!! :lol: I thought they were boring and expensive because they cost just as much as the adventure boys (big brothers) although there were no cool hats and bandanas included.

The G2s I was able to pick up most everything I wanted. I wish I had bought more of the unicorns though.
-

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »
I wasn't old enough to buy myself G1s but I did get some. I also got some G2s and I bought G3s from stores, but sold off my collection after that point.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
G1 for sure. I wasn't even born for most of the line, and the last bit of it I was way too young.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 05:59:23 AM »
i wish i had bought all of the generations!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

ElusiveLily

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »
G1, definitely. I wasn't around for most of the 80s, and I was still just too little for what came out after I was born. However, my very first MLP ever was a G1 that was bought for me when I was 4. It was the only vintage that was ever purchased for me. All the rest that I had when I was young were usually traded to me for other toys.

I did collect the G2's when they came out. I know many people hated them, but I went crazy for them. I also started collecting the G3s in 2005 when I decided I was actually going to start collecting. So I have several dozen that I bought in stores. I just wish I would have decided to start collecting a lot sooner XD.

majikarte

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
G2. My older sister apparently had G1s, and my younger sister had some G3s, so I think it's kind of sad I wasn't interested in MLP when I was younger, because I probably could have had G2s.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal