collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International "Exclusives"?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: International "Exclusives"?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
I pose this question to kinda turn things around:
So what G1's were US exclusive only and not available in the UK (just MO's?)?

(I've wondered this for awhile, as I'd like to trade out of the US more...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: International "Exclusives"?
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
I pose this question to kinda turn things around:
So what G1's were US exclusive only and not available in the UK (just MO's?)?

(I've wondered this for awhile, as I'd like to trade out of the US more...)

Depressingly LOTS!!!!

There were a lot of sets which were pared down to only 4 ponies from the US 6 and even a couple of sets which were smooshed together so that we only got a few from each [Fancy Pants & Playtime Baby Bro]. And there are even more common US ponies - such as Moondancer, Glory - who didnt make it over here at all and even some massive sets [we didnt get So Softs].

In many ways there were probably about the same number who didnt make it to UK from US line as didnt make it from the UK line to the US. It seems that our patterns were different - the line was much more extensive and varied in the early years in the US and then tails off towards the end of the line, whereas over here it started quieter and then ended when the number of sets was at its max! Very odd.

Due to most of the ponies that we missed out on being ones which are reasonably common they are easy enough to track down...the exception of course the MOs as you mentioned...of which we only got a handful through leaflets or through the Fan Club [Lucky, MM Windy, the Talking Ponies, Pony Bride and a few others I cant remember off the top of my head]. Therefore finding MOs second hand over here or even on ebay uk [unless being sold by a collector] is probably not going to happen - for such ponies thank goodness for ebay.com. However, you could expand this to the other more common ponies who were not sold here as in many ways its equally true - you will probably not come across someone selling a SS Lofty [for example] second hand or on ebay uk from a childhood collection...simply as they were not sold here...as a UK collector unless a UK/Euro collector is selling items from their collection I would have to [and I have for most of my collection] buy "in" from the US [or some other Euro countries which got them]

Does that make sense?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal