collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more numbers on US blind bags?  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: No more numbers on US blind bags?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »
I've been to two Walmarts in the past two weeks and all of the blind bags still had number on them. Ach, I hope they're not removing them for good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »
Really, I wish they'd keep a consistent numbering system. That way people who only want certain ones can just grab those and leave the others for those who want them. And on the flip side, those who want to be surprised can just not look at the numbers.

But... but that's not the point of *blind bags*!  The point was for all of us collectors to go out and buy three cases apiece!  :-p
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »
There's no big mystery in their new numbers. ;)

Which is also why I don't understand the purpose of them having done this in the first place.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
Really, I wish they'd keep a consistent numbering system. That way people who only want certain ones can just grab those and leave the others for those who want them. And on the flip side, those who want to be surprised can just not look at the numbers.

But... but that's not the point of *blind bags*!  The point was for all of us collectors to go out and buy three cases apiece!  :-p

I'm so used to Japanese Bearbricks/vinyl art toys coming in blind boxes with no indication of their content (and I certainly don't think you can complete a set just by buying one entire sealed box) that it surprised me the pony bags had a labeling system. xD

Vesperline

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 01:31:12 AM »
I've only seen the new numbering system on the latest set that's available on the hasbro site.  The few times I've seen them actually in stores they still had the old system.  So I imagine its just packages with the old type slowly being phased out as they're sold.

And I agree, most likely they want to make it harder so we have to end up buying duplicates.   :P

will2Bfree

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
Well, I understand the concept behind the "blind" bags, and that's fine for people that can spend that kind of money, but if I'm not sure I'm going to get the ones I want, then I just won't buy any at all. I can't afford that kind of hit-and-miss system.

I hope they don't make them unidentifiable because, not only will I no longer be able to buy them, but it'll greatly increase the instances of people ripping open the bags in-store. I'm not really sure how much good it would do Hasbro anyways. An astonishing number of people (the adult collectors/fans) buy whole boxes and the target audience (little kids) don't know how to identify them anyways. Just seems to me that their efforts would be better spent getting enough of their product out there to meet the already high demand, rather than making it harder for consumers to know which ones they're getting.

I guess I'll just have to hope they don't decide to make it completely indecipherable.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 04:01:15 AM »
I've actually seen some MLP blind bags opened in the store so I guess them having numbers wasn't enough to prevent that from happening. One of the times I saw it, the pony was still in the bag, it was just ripped open. The other time I saw it, the bag was there, but not the pony.

I definitely see this a lot with other blind bag toys. Like whenever I go to Five Below, there's tons of blind bag toys opened. Though, I will admit that it worked in my advantage a few times. My son was actually collecting these little Mario Kart figures and just needed a few more, so I ended up finding them among the opened ones and I grabbed a sealed one just so it could be scanned since the label with the barcode would tear or wrinkle badly when they were opened. It's definitely better than trying to feel through the bags. I always feel like the employees will think I'm stealing if I do that, so I usually end up just grabbing several packets at random in the end. This is especially the case with Lego Minifigs.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 07:29:12 AM »
I'm sending my mom on a BB run today while I'm at work. She already knew about the old number system so I just explained the new system to her. I can't wait to see what she finds. I only have 8 of the 24.

sailorstitch

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12:58 AM »
Are you sure there was no number and you weren't just looking in the wrong place?

Nope, I was looking in the right place, lifted the flap and everything.
oh crap! D:
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

will2Bfree

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »
The TRU I went to today had blindbags with both kinds of numbering systems in stock.

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »
I got some today all new numbering. Upset me since I forgot which ones it was to tell. Haha now I have a whole dang box of doubles.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
I noticed that too, but thanks for the EQD link! I will update my information then! :D
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »
i found a few at toys r us that didn't have numbers either.

Offline MLPlyte

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »
At my closest Wal-Mart nearly all of the blind bags have been ripped open. At least people are leaving the ponies in there when they see it is not the one they wanted...

Rococo

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »

At my closest Wal-Mart nearly all of the blind bags have been ripped open. At least people are leaving the ponies in there when they see it is not the one they wanted...

How positively rude. :enraged:  I've seen tons of torn up Lalaloopsy micros and it drives me mad every time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal