collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 38143 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2014, 03:42:55 AM »
I sure hope that its not a bling bag pony size!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2014, 04:19:30 AM »
i keep fingers crossed it will be a mini firefly too and not dolly mix  ^.^ ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
All the people worrying about it being a dollymix - I highly doubt this would be the case. Dollymix ponies were made for a small, UK company (Teeny?) while these Fireflys (Fireflies?) are being made for Running Press which is a larger, US company.

I am not expecting the same quality standard as a G1 pony - especially as it is small - but I am hoping the it is a miniature replica of G1 Firefly with a miniature version of her brush (like the picture and description implies). The pony will probably be 2.5"-3" high.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
All the people worrying about it being a dollymix - I highly doubt this would be the case. Dollymix ponies were made for a small, UK company (Teeny?) while these Fireflys (Fireflies?) are being made for Running Press which is a larger, US company.

I am not expecting the same quality standard as a G1 pony - especially as it is small - but I am hoping the it is a miniature replica of G1 Firefly with a miniature version of her brush (like the picture and description implies). The pony will probably be 2.5"-3" high.
Actually I'd be happy if it was a dolly mix, but I know it's not XD My worse fear is that it will be something like a blind bag pony but we will see

btw what are the different shipping dates for the different places that is selling this? I know Amazon's April 22
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »

Actually I'd be happy if it was a dolly mix, but I know it's not XD My worse fear is that it will be something like a blind bag pony but we will see

btw what are the different shipping dates for the different places that is selling this? I know Amazon's April 22

I'm 99% sure it will be G1 style - the artwork is G1 retro and it wouldn't make sense to release the figure in a different gen style. Plus she will have brushable hair so not like a blind bag.

The release date on Amazon UK is 8th May (atm).

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »
Well, it cant be a BlingBag pony since it says "rooted hair". Unless they have found a way to root hair to blind bags I doubt it will be one :P
I think it will be a Dolly-mix pony. Licences can be sold and even if Dolly Mix ponys were originally only made by a small UK company the company who is releasing the book might have bought the licence for these particular ponies.
But... we will see... not very much longer, cant wait :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:24 AM »

I'm 99% sure it will be G1 style - the artwork is G1 retro and it wouldn't make sense to release the figure in a different gen style. Plus she will have brushable hair so not like a blind bag.

The release date on Amazon UK is 8th May (atm).

I can not decide whether to be angry or delighted if it does turn out to be a mini G1 Firefly mould.

Hasbro couldnt manage ANYTHING for the 30th release but apparently it is financially worth while for a publishing company to buy units of a G1 inspired. I think I ll be so pleased at what it is but very annoyed with Hasbro :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »
I just tell myself there's some suit in Hasbro who hates My Little Pony and gnashes their teeth at their inability to destroy the brand.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
I just tell myself there's some suit in Hasbro who hates My Little Pony and gnashes their teeth at their inability to destroy the brand.

This.

If they came out with a line of ponies with brushable hair using miniature G1 molds, especially rereleases of the originals, I would be allll over that.  I'd be throwing serious money at Hasbro.  Right now their brushable line is uninspired at best.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
just for info: Amazon FR informs availability for the 8 mai 2014.  ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »

This made me laugh so hard.... XD  thank you  i think the same thing sometimes.  the mental image of that is hilarious
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
not sure if i can post the link to it or not, but on walmart.com they have a firefly with a book set for pre-order and it looks like the 80's version.

"My Little Pony: Firefly and Illustrated Book"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
It seems to be for real! It's been on Amazon since September. Nobody knows what it will look like--the toy, at least, there are scans of the book buried in that thread somewhere--but it's only around a month out at this point, so it can't stay secret forever. There's been absolutely no sign of anything Firefly related from any of the usual Chinese sources.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
its real!  the problem is the only picutre we have is  photoshopped.   nobody know what  she   will be.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm waiting to see what the pony will actually look like before I order it. In preference order, from most to least:

1.) An actual miniaturized version of classic Firefly
2.) A blind bag (new releases are always good)
3.) A dollymix pony (still cool, but that's already a thing)

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal