collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice Needed.  (Read 530 times)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Advice Needed.
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:37 AM »
Hi Im in need of some advice on what I should do, I won a lot off ebay which included a castle, I was only after the ponies as I already have the castle so figured i'd resell it, The seller packed it very well but it arrived with a small crack in it. Shipping on the package was free so do I ask for a small refund because of the damage? I don't want to return it because the ponies I got one I've been looking for a long time. Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice Needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:40:50 AM »
It can't hurt to ask BUT please be very pleasant in your e-mail to the seller. Take a few pictures of the cracked area so your seller knows it's actually cracked. Do understand that the seller is under no obligation to give you a discount. She may tell you to return the entire lot. You have to look at it as ' is it really worth it to send it back?' You maybe ending up loosing money then what you would get back in a refund.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:43:34 AM »
That stinks!  The seller isn't obligated to give partial refunds, but they may if you ask nicely.  I would just message them and let them know what happened.  My bet is that they will be willing to work with you.  The worst that could happen is that they will only accept a complete return of castle plus ponies and in that case you can either return everything or accept the damage.  Good luck!

ETA: And as  HawaiianRain says, be very polite.  You catch more flies with honey  ;)
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ajmeier55

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:04 AM »
Thanks  for the fast responses. :)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:13:48 PM »
Let us know the outcome :)

Offline ajmeier55

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
Well didn't get a partial refund which is ok....because he's sending me a package of hair ribbons and more misc mlp accessories he found after he sold me the lot FOR Free!  :biggrin: He told me it was his wife's original pony collection from when she was a kid and that his mother in law found them later. So cant wait to see what will be included.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »
Neat! Glad you came to a mutually good solution.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »
Wow sorry to hear your castle got damaged, but at least your ponies were fine , and you got some great advice in this thread. Even if you dont want to do a return for a refund , its always best to message the seller politely and let them know if anything is amiss (such as something getting damaged.) Then at the least the seller can learn from any possible mistakes and pack their items more securely in future. Always saying something positive about the transaction first  before mentioning any issues is definitely the best way to handle situations like this one ;)   

Well didn't get a partial refund which is ok....because he's sending me a package of hair ribbons and more misc mlp accessories he found after he sold me the lot FOR Free!  :biggrin: He told me it was his wife's original pony collection from when she was a kid and that his mother in law found them later. So cant wait to see what will be included.

Thats great  :bigups:  :happy: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal