collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more Ohio pony meet?  (Read 557 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
No more Ohio pony meet?
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:47 AM »
So I know last year the Ohio Pony Meet wasn't able to happen. I assume it's not going on this year either as I've seen nothing posted about it? This breaks my heart a little as this was not only the closest meet to me but totally the best! There was always good attendance and a lot of fun to be had. The hostesses always did a great job, and I know they put a lot of work into it. Does anyone know if this meet is lost and gone forever or if there are any plans to revive it?

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: No more Ohio pony meet?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:24:54 AM »
You could revive it, right? Nothing is lost forever! Offer to host, I did it last year for the first time and it was fun! You might have a small turnout the first year, but it won't grow until you plant the seed.  ;) I'm sure there are plenty of people around the Arena who would love to offer some tips and tricks for hosting or even attending a meet, including me!  :cool: 

Good luck!

:heart: pq
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:35:31 AM »
Oh I know I could always host something myself, and I know there are some other meets in the area that many of the same people attend now, but I'm just curious about this particular meet. There was a pretty dedicated group of people who had hosted this meet for many years. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:37:10 AM by NoDivision »

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
I think that at least one of the regular hosts moved away, maybe two?  I'm pretty sure that is the reason it didn't happen last year.  But I would be thrilled to see it hosted again, we usually tried to make it up there.  =)

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
I contacted Sheena a couple months ago and real life has gotten in the way of the meet again this year.... I still have the ad in my sig from 2 years ago.  I was very sad that it has been suspended until??....  My son and best friend would come with me to take part of my hobby in a tangible and fun way. 

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »
What part of Ohio? I'd considering flying back for that and visiting fam.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
I'd be interested in attending if it were able to get up and running again. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »
What part of Ohio? I'd considering flying back for that and visiting fam.

it was closer to cinci if I recall right, since I didn't wanna drive that far and back in a single day

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 06:58:54 PM »
That's only an hour shorter than my drive to Chicago. :P booo

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
Hey  guys!  That was us that hosted it.  Lemondrop wishes moved away but she is back now!  Yes, this year things got too crazy for us again. 

I know a lot of people have been bummed about it.  I am going to try really hard to do it again next year.  If anyone wants to help let me know and maybe after the first of the year we can try to get things rolling.  I also like to wait until we know when and where the fair will be.  I have been planning on starting a facebook page for ohio collectors to use for meet purposes as well.  Once I get that going, maybe this fall, I will start posting to make sure I get everyone on there.  That will make planning the meet much easier from now on. 

Thanks for all the nice comments about the meet!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
Hey  guys!  That was us that hosted it.  Lemondrop wishes moved away but she is back now!  Yes, this year things got too crazy for us again. 

I know a lot of people have been bummed about it.  I am going to try really hard to do it again next year.  If anyone wants to help let me know and maybe after the first of the year we can try to get things rolling.  I also like to wait until we know when and where the fair will be.  I have been planning on starting a facebook page for ohio collectors to use for meet purposes as well.  Once I get that going, maybe this fall, I will start posting to make sure I get everyone on there.  That will make planning the meet much easier from now on. 

Thanks for all the nice comments about the meet!

I want to help, and I think my husband would too! The Ohio Pony Meet was seriously one of our favorite things every year. Not exaggerating.

I know it was a TON of work though, and expensive too. But I think if we had a Facebook group even more people would step up to volunteer their time and resources :)

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:34 PM »
Yes I agree it should be much easier.  We used to reach out to everyone individually.  And have to monitor our separate board daily.  We will just use a facebook page with all the info right there.  And have everyone add each other too, so it's not all on a couple people. 

As far as cost, we will probably have to charge $5-$10 a person to pay for the room.  But I don't think anyone would mind that.  And then everyone can bring in food again. 

Now I am getting excited about it again.  I will start posting when it is time to plan and make the page!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal