collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi!/Cześć!  (Read 590 times)

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!/Cześć!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »
Hi there!!! Welcome!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

StarostaXD

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 01:04:29 AM »
Thanks you all for welcome me ^^.

Spoiler
Welcome!  I have family in Poland, but I unfortunately don't speak the language. My grandmother's family stopped speaking Polish after a while here, because people thought they were speaking Russian and were therefore communist spies or something I guess.

Anyway, my family is from Lublin ^_^

Twilight Sparkle is my favorite of the Mane 6, but Rarity runs in at a very close second. :P

Well, Polish language is the most difficult language in the world ! Polish language and Russian language are very similar. So it's no wonder that people think of spies.
Yes Lublin...beatiful city (and have fabulous cider !)

Can anyone tell me how to change avatar  :blush: ?

I've always heard people say English was the hardest to learn if it's not your native language! I started to take Russian in college since it's in the same family and I thought might make it easier to learn Polish on my own, but ended up having to drop since it was only offered as an intensive course and I was already enrolled in some intensive labs that I needed. So I went the easy route and took French, haha.

But yes, most people in the US wouldn't know the difference between the Balto-Slavic languages just hearing them, since they do sound so similar (well maybe not to native speakers, haha, but to the "untrained" ear, anyway!). And in the US at the time, people were very paranoid about Russians and communism. Very silly, but I can understand why they would have preferred to not make their neighbors suspicious. I just wish maybe they had kept the language in the home when it was just family. As a result, all I really know are the words for "grandmother" and "grandfather" since that's how everyone refers to my dad's maternal grandparents.

And to change your avatar, just go to the "Profile" menu near the top of the screen and click to select "Forum Profile."  :)
Thank you ^^
In Polish these are vowels that resemble those in the French language ("ą , ę"). You can tell the Spanish from Italian language? It's hard to tell the Polish language from the Russian. Some of the words are the same.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Welcome!!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 09:28:17 AM »
Thanks you all for welcome me ^^.

Spoiler
Welcome!  I have family in Poland, but I unfortunately don't speak the language. My grandmother's family stopped speaking Polish after a while here, because people thought they were speaking Russian and were therefore communist spies or something I guess.

Anyway, my family is from Lublin ^_^

Twilight Sparkle is my favorite of the Mane 6, but Rarity runs in at a very close second. :P

Well, Polish language is the most difficult language in the world ! Polish language and Russian language are very similar. So it's no wonder that people think of spies.
Yes Lublin...beatiful city (and have fabulous cider !)

Can anyone tell me how to change avatar  :blush: ?

Spoiler
I've always heard people say English was the hardest to learn if it's not your native language! I started to take Russian in college since it's in the same family and I thought might make it easier to learn Polish on my own, but ended up having to drop since it was only offered as an intensive course and I was already enrolled in some intensive labs that I needed. So I went the easy route and took French, haha.

But yes, most people in the US wouldn't know the difference between the Balto-Slavic languages just hearing them, since they do sound so similar (well maybe not to native speakers, haha, but to the "untrained" ear, anyway!). And in the US at the time, people were very paranoid about Russians and communism. Very silly, but I can understand why they would have preferred to not make their neighbors suspicious. I just wish maybe they had kept the language in the home when it was just family. As a result, all I really know are the words for "grandmother" and "grandfather" since that's how everyone refers to my dad's maternal grandparents.

And to change your avatar, just go to the "Profile" menu near the top of the screen and click to select "Forum Profile."  :)
Thank you ^^
In Polish these are vowels that resemble those in the French language ("ą , ę"). You can tell the Spanish from Italian language? It's hard to tell the Polish language from the Russian. Some of the words are the same.

You're welcome!

And I can tell a *little* bit of difference between Italian and some Spanish language dialects. I'm more familiar with Spanish as it is spoken in Mexico, which I imagine would be quite different from dialects spoken in Spain. And most of what I can differentiate is only because we lived in Sicily for a couple of years. I didn't learn enough of the language while we were there, though, to be very confident in it, so I'm sure I'd mess up more than a little, lol ^_^;;

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, enjoy your stay.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal