collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scented G1 ponies  (Read 7702 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Scented G1 ponies
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »
I was just speculating what they may of smelled like? Like the sweetberry ponies and the ice cream ponies. Does anyone have a clue what they all smelled like? I once had peppermint crunch and she did smell like peppermint. I have a raspberry Jam she smells like raspberries.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Scented G1 ponies
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
A couple of my ponies from both sets still smell. However I don't think they smell like ice cream or the fruit they're themed after...
It's its own scent really. I like it but it's impossible to describe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »
The only "smelly" (haha) pony I ever got as a child was Boysenberry Pie. Her scent was a strong sweet berry kind of smell. I've never smelled or tasted a boysenberry but I'm guessing it was true to the fruit smell? Her scent didn't last but like a decade. I had a gotten another BP in a lot about 10 years ago that had turned gray purple and she still has a slight scent to her. It kinda smelled good.. lol. I'm scared of getting any scented pony nowadays for fear of the scent making me sick. The Strawberry Shortcake dolls and minis carry their scent pretty well after all these years and fortunately their scents don't cause any adverse reactions for me.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:43:19 PM »
I had Raspberry Jam and Blueberry Baskets in my childhood herd. Even though I haven't owned either in 20+ years, I can still remember their wonderful scents. They're really hard to put into words though.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:19:44 PM »
A couple of my ponies from both sets still smell. However I don't think they smell like ice cream or the fruit they're themed after...
It's its own scent really. I like it but it's impossible to describe.

This.  My childhood Cocoberry still has her scent, but it's hard to describe really.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 12:01:57 AM »
My  only scented pony was Coco Berry. She smelled but I don't remember her smelling like ice cream?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 12:15:47 AM »
Yes, it's very hard to describe! I had Cherry Treats when I was little, and I still remember her scent very strongly. But she didn't smell like cherries, it's like Sapphire Rain says, they really have their own scent. :)

I also remember having a Raspberry Jam in my hands at a thrift shop. Her scent did resemble raspberries, but not for 100%.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 12:39:48 AM »
Yes, it's very hard to describe! I had Cherry Treats when I was little, and I still remember her scent very strongly. But she didn't smell like cherries, it's like Sapphire Rain says, they really have their own scent. :)

I don't know about when she was new, but to me every Cherry Treats I come across smells like play doh :lol:

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 12:53:40 AM »
I have a Sugar Apple from my childhood collection. She still smells! Sometimes I pop her in a ziplock bag to concentrate the scent. (I heard this helps recharge the scent of ponies.)

As to her smell, sugary fake candy berry is how I'd describe it. One time a friend in high school had shampoo that smelled similar! But the scent is not at all Apple-y.

Are scented ponies that still smell worth more? How does one find one who still has her scent? Do you need to use a special method to clean them to preserve their smell? I know sometimes ponies I clean wind up smelling like the soup I used.
 I'd love to have one of the mint scented ones.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 12:58:57 AM »
I didn't grow up with any scented ponies but I have a few now.  The scents are really hard to put a name to!  They just smell good :) 

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried re-scenting ponies, either trying to replenish the scent or making a custom?  i've seen the scents available on Dollyhair but have never been game to have a go!

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 02:34:50 AM »
I had Cherry Treats and Lemon Treats as a child and they both smelled lovely!! I particularly loved Lemon Treat's fresh, zesty smell- she definitely smelled like lemons. Probably lemon sherbert.

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 03:07:46 AM »
I've never put my nose into a tub of actual molasses, but to me Molasses the pony smelled a bit gingery?
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 04:48:56 AM »
My Sundae Best ponies smell like vanilla ice cream. It is a faint sort of scent, sweet, a little hard to put a name to but that is the closest I can come to it. Or maybe like cupcake icing. Sweet but not a specific scent like "Strawberry".

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 05:23:21 AM »
I remember going to the supermarket to drool over the scented ones, sniffing the packages and putting them back on the shelf with a sigh, as i couldn't afford them.

One smelled like caramel.
I think it was Caramel Crunch.

The ice cream ones had sugary smells, i remember as well.
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 05:54:50 AM »
I want to make a case for Chocolate Chip (aka Coco Berry in the US) being classified as a toxic entity highly dangerous for anyone who inhales her scent. It is horrible. So sickly and sweet. I swear, I almost left her at the carboot sale because of it - but I couldn't. I since got the German release one with the purple hair, too - and she's the same. It's horrrible. Really horrible.

(I also have very sensitive sense of smell, though, which may add to it).

Cherry Treats from my childhood still smells, she always smelled very strong and sickly. Maybe glace cherries rather than cherries proper? My Dad called her stink bomb. I wasn't allowed any other scented ponies as a kid after her because she stank so much xD. Many of my childhood ponies have a lingering aura of Cherry Treats about them, even now! But I could put up with her sickly sweet. Chocolate Chip is another entity completely.

The only one of the sweet scented ponies who I still have scented that I like is Sorbet Surprise (aka Sherbet). She smells not a lot like grapes, but I like her smell all the same.

I love the Perfume Puff ponies' scents, though. They all smell so flowery. Except one of them, I forget which, smells like washing powder. Maybe it's Sweet Suds. I guess that would make sense...

@Daisyd - well, over here Molasses was (mostly) called Gingerbread. Her symbol is a gingerbread man, too, so that makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:56:38 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal