collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have new appreciation for any of your ponies?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Do you have new appreciation for any of your ponies?
« on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:41 PM »
Kind of self explanatory title, but. Are there any ponies in your collection you have a sudden, new appreciation for? Whether it be because you didn't know you liked it when you got it (maybe it was in a lot, or an impulse buy because you saw it in a shop you never thought you'd see ponies there) or maybe it's a re-appreciation (you've had the pony for a while, but forgot why you liked it!). Mine is Locket!

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
(Excuse my bad editing, my indoor lighting is atrocious and I didn't wanna fully edit the one decent pic I got xD.)

I thought she was neat a few years back when I was new to collecting/still collecting, but I really only liked three TEs at the time (Mimic [my grail  :cry:], Fizzy, and Quackers) and my husband thought they were creepy. Buuuuuut, recently I found her at a vintage toy/game store and she was a SUPER impulse buy because I was so surprised to see a decent quality pony in person like that. And just, messing with her hair I realized what a sweetheart she was! I don't even have the heart to curl her mane like I had planed because of how sweet she looks under the curtain of hair.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:54:12 PM by Icicle »

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you have new appreciation for any of your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
i know what you mean! I've recently become partial to Glory, even though i've never really noticed just how beautiful she is until now. she's a cleaner, prettier rarity haha ;;

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »
Ohh yes. I've been feeling the same way about Glory myself! Makes me feel bad mine has some serious glitter loss to her symbols...

cannibalism

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »
yea, mine needs some glitter touch up as well. i think the same feeling goes for fizzy, i always liked her but i never really looked at her closely until recently, and she gets cuter every time i look at her!

pinkity

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 12:11:16 AM »
Party Time and Heart Throb!
Party Time was bought simply so I could have my first TE pony.. It's been awhile but I recently realized she's just so vibrant and fun!
I got an upgrade Heart Throb and her colors and blush were just so perfect and her hair was adorably curly... I had loved my older one but this new one made me truly appreciate her.

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »
NSS Shady. I bought her for cheap and though well can't resist cheap pony. Somehow she snugged in to my heart. I love her bright colors now and that cupcake pose and she just looks lovely^^

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »
Bowtie! I used to think she was a bit plain, and I didn't like her pose much. But now I'm really loving her colors & symbol and I think her pose is perfect for her :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 05:03:42 PM »
Looking up all these ponies mentioned (which is more because I have forgotten name-to-design in the few years I haven't thought of ponies lol) and these are all darlings! :lovey:

Another one for me to add is Starshine. I wanted her because ~rainbows~, but I am not the biggest fan of the Firefly pose.. but after cleaning off my collection recently I just had to admire how gorgeous her tail/mane colors are.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »
I don't have him just yet, but Wigwam is soon to be in the mail and I always kinda turned my nose up at him because he's orange, but lately realized how unique he is and set out on a quest to get him before autumn ends. Thanks to a friend who is willing to trade, I'll soon have this awesome guy in my herd!

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 05:58:28 PM

Looking up all these ponies mentioned (which is more because I have forgotten name-to-design in the few years I haven't thought of ponies lol) and these are all darlings! :lovey:

Another one for me to add is Starshine. I wanted her because ~rainbows~, but I am not the biggest fan of the Firefly pose.. but after cleaning off my collection recently I just had to admire how gorgeous her tail/mane colors are.

Starshine is just gorgeous! :heart:

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 05:59:51 PM

Kind of self explanatory title, but. Are there any ponies in your collection you have a sudden, new appreciation for? Whether it be because you didn't know you liked it when you got it (maybe it was in a lot, or an impulse buy because you saw it in a shop you never thought you'd see ponies there) or maybe it's a re-appreciation (you've had the pony for a while, but forgot why you liked it!). Mine is Locket!

Spoiler
(Excuse my bad editing, my indoor lighting is atrocious and I didn't wanna fully edit the one decent pic I got xD.)

I thought she was neat a few years back when I was new to collecting/still collecting, but I really only liked three TEs at the time (Mimic [my grail  :cry:], Fizzy, and Quackers) and my husband thought they were creepy. Buuuuuut, recently I found her at a vintage toy/game store and she was a SUPER impulse buy because I was so surprised to see a decent quality pony in person like that. And just, messing with her hair I realized what a sweetheart she was! I don't even have the heart to curl her mane like I had planed because of how sweet she looks under the curtain of hair.

I love your girl! Locket is such a stunning pony and is a longtime childhood want of mine! Oh your so lucky to find her in the wild!

Post Merge: November 08, 2016, 06:43:04 PM

NSS Shady. I bought her for cheap and though well can't resist cheap pony. Somehow she snugged in to my heart. I love her bright colors now and that cupcake pose and she just looks lovely^^

Shady is such a cutie!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:43:04 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Whizzer!  I'm not really big into pink ponies, but I saw her at a toy show and she wasn't in the best shape.  But I realized how beautiful she was.  I think her mane and tail colors may have a lot to do with it- they are my 3 favorite colors!  I found her on eBay and she's beautiful! 

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

That happened to me too!  I cleaned one up thinking she would never be that nice but she is awesome.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »
Definitely Main Sail; lately my interest in ponies has been leaning more towards dreamlike themes, so boats and waves weren't really at the front of my mind. But in the process of reorganising my shelves, Main Sail caught my eye and she got me thinking about what really drew me to her in the first place. She brings back a lot of really fun memories of holidays in Wales when I was a kid; it's been far too long since I last went there, haven't even been on a holiday of any kind in over a decade. I reckon she's acting as a reminder that I should set aside some time to see a bit more of the world! :heart:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
Well for me it is the gen three ponies, well after I found a pinkie pie in a snow pile at work.  Apparently someone dropped her, and she got scooped up and partially thawed out a month or two later. How fitting I found them in February. Well after digging them out, and seeing a filthy pony I took them home.  Her hair is now white with a tint of pink and it make me like her even more. That set off, my love for gen 3.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »
Definitely Main Sail; lately my interest in ponies has been leaning more towards dreamlike themes, so boats and waves weren't really at the front of my mind. But in the process of reorganising my shelves, Main Sail caught my eye and she got me thinking about what really drew me to her in the first place. She brings back a lot of really fun memories of holidays in Wales when I was a kid; it's been far too long since I last went there, haven't even been on a holiday of any kind in over a decade. I reckon she's acting as a reminder that I should set aside some time to see a bit more of the world! :heart:

That's really cool.

I love Wales.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 06:12:40 PM »
i bought sweet lily a few months ago when i saw her in a vintage toy store; i really only got her because i wanted to have a perfume puff in my collection.

this is what she looked like when i got her!

it took me well over an hour, and lots of conditioner to untangle her hair!

but once she was all cleaned up and brushed out, i really liked her!

shes only grown on me more and more; sweet lily is probably in my top 5 ponies now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal