collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ULTIMATE GRAIL! Takara Pony Playset with Adult Takara *EDIT*Bridal Fashion Show!  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Yeah, the sign does use a shortened version of the word, so "perm" would be more correct. Guess I was thrown off because phonetically パーマ reads as "perma". But as long as the meaning got through. X)

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
I'm so so so excited to find out what all the writing means! I'm going to create pics with the translations right alongside the japanese writing. OMG!  :biggrin:
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
:x I wasn't trying to correct you, in case it came across that way. ;) I just was thrown off by a new term, lol.

No problem! It's good that you clarified. :)

I also must say I would like to know more about the idea behind that "dress up TV". It sure is an interesting design for a TV set. Maybe it's some kind of retrofuturistic 3D TV, designed to help you put together the perfect look for any occasion! The box doesn't really say anything special about it (just "use the Dress Up TV to choose today's hairstyle! Put the key in the hole and turn. Various hairstyles will appear!"). I wonder if it appears in any story. :3
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:37:31 AM by SpikeTheDragon »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
What a cute playset!  That is great you got such a grail.  It is funny how little Takara "ponies" look like.. ponies, but somehow they are still cute :)

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
Congrats on the find! It's super dope! It's one of my dream items!!!
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Added photos of the AMAZING custom racks, hangers, and outfits designed and created by the INSANELY TALENTED shelvesofwhimsy! She's a fantastic artist and a fantastic friend!

Check it out...even the details on the individual hangers match the details in the playset! and the bows on the racks match the bows on the playset's inner doors. WOW!

Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Aww you're so sweet!! I'm so happy everything arrived safe! Your girls look amazing in their new outfits!! I can't wait to see more photos!!
Such a good good brag thread!!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
And so the ponies sat back and relaxed amongst all their new treasures! THANK YOU SO MUCH, SHELVESOFWHIMSY!

All those custom clothes ;D Nice! I think my little takaras might be jealous.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
And so the ponies sat back and relaxed amongst all their new treasures! THANK YOU SO MUCH, SHELVESOFWHIMSY!

All those custom clothes ;D Nice! I think my little takaras might be jealous.

They are custom! Aww thank you! If you're interested in any commissioned clothes let me know, my seamstress Pinky is hard at work sewing clothes haha.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:21:17 AM by shelvesofwhimsy »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
I have just died some more of cuteness overload....
The dresses are ADORABLE! What an artist you are, shelvesofwhimsy!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Yeah, the sign does use a shortened version of the word, so "perm" would be more correct. Guess I was thrown off because phonetically パーマ reads as "perma". But as long as the meaning got through. X)

Technically, Paama, but I'm splitting hairs...

/bad joke

A sanpo is just a walk. Doesn't have to be leisurely necessarily. O just makes it a little more prettied up as a word.

*comment removed*

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:04:38 AM by ponylady »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Thank you SO MUCH for your help Taffeta!

*comment removed*

But with takaras, all you have to do is remove one piece of flimsy tape (which has almost always worn off completely anyway) and then untwist two twist ties. There is no molded plastic, no cardboard insert most of the time...and it's actually important to take the ties from their hair, or else they actually stain the hair and decrease the value much more than a de-boxing would.

Takara ponies are also unique in that they are posable and dress-able in a way that most G1 ponies simply aren't. Sure, they made G1 ponywear, but it was an afterthought, long after ponies got successful. Takara ponies were made to be a fashion line--they were made to sit, stand, move, and be dressed.

I honestly don't believe that de-boxing decreases the value of takaras at all. I'm confident that I could sell each of my takaras, including this playset, and make a profit easily. Takaras are so rare, they will always be in high demand. Not that I would ever sell...I am a person who keeps my mot cherished toys for a lifetime. I still have all my pokemon cards (I collected so many, back in the day!) I still have my most beloved stuffed animals from childhood, etc. My takaras will be with me for life. And when I'm no longer here and my relatives (or whoever) wants to sell them back into the community, they will still have all their original accessories, boxes, etc.

I actually have a living will in which I include all of my collectibles, their current values, and what I'd like to be done with them  ;) (because I'm crazy! LOL)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:05:48 AM by ponylady »

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
LOL Taffeta if you need therapy for that, then I definitely need therapy for having ponies in my will!  :lol:

We're all pony geeks. I won't de-card any piggies I get that are MOC. I have two, and they are my favorite ponies, besides my takaras. I think I really like the oddball ponies. I like the takaras because they are so weird looking (they barely look like horses!) I like the piggies because they look like....pigs lol. And I like fakies with oddball traits too...I have some fakies covered in hair that I just adore  :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I like fakies with oddball traits too...I have some fakies covered in hair that I just adore  :lol:

I think that's something that requires therapy on its own! Fakies covered in hair O.o. the mind boggles.

I think the weirdest thing I did with my pony boxes was take photos of Nibbles and Dibbles exploring the outside of their own box a few months back. Since it came to me with the inlay and most of the accessories still inside (but no ponies), they could sit on the plastic cover of their bassinnett and read their own backcard stories.

(It's been a very long, boring and cold summer, even for the UK >.>)

I only have one Takara item (the Colour Wedding fashion). I really have it as a token item because of my Japanese - because I was interested in Takara way back and then ended up studying all this stuff. The one thing I regret, though, is that I could have spent a lot of time amassing these before they became "popular" since I was buying stuff from Japan all the time and yet never looked. I have some Takara dolls belonging to a manga series I like which I've had a long time. If I had only thought to put My Little Pony into the search back then, who knows?

Never mind. If I had had them I would have felt obliged to keep them, and I suspect I couldn't have loved them as much as you guys do, so maybe this way is for the best ;) I do wonder, though, what might have been back before G4 and Japan's real awakening to their own MLP heritage, as well as the big take off here...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
WOW, that would have been so cool to get something directly from Japan. I'm sorry you missed your chance--I've heard others who even lived in Japan years ago who wish they'd looked as well. Someone found my FuwaFuwa in a shop in Japan a couple years back. I actually read the thread about that here on the arena long before I thought of buying her. Such a cool story.

I have dreams sometimes about going to Japan, going to a little shop, and finding takaras somewhere. I know it will never happen lol...but just imagine!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal