collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 246210 times)

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1380 on: March 15, 2021, 06:24:23 PM »
I got curious over the weekend and hit up Target to see if there were any ponies on the shelf. When I was there a week or two ago, the sticker was still there but there were no ponies. When I went this weekend, the sticker was gone and no sign of classic MLP anywhere. You can't seem to order them through Target's website either, which is a bummer. Amazon is so dang expensive! I hope it's just a hiccup in production, but it really seems like Target won't carry them anymore. I want to be wrong.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 15, 2021, 08:18:13 PM »
I got curious over the weekend and hit up Target to see if there were any ponies on the shelf. When I was there a week or two ago, the sticker was still there but there were no ponies. When I went this weekend, the sticker was gone and no sign of classic MLP anywhere. You can't seem to order them through Target's website either, which is a bummer. Amazon is so dang expensive! I hope it's just a hiccup in production, but it really seems like Target won't carry them anymore. I want to be wrong.

Even if they stopped carrying them right now they might get them in again later. After all they stopped carrying SSC for a while and now they have the 40th anniversary dolls. Of course it's still kinda disappointing that it's just a sparkly version of Strawberry instead of the toddlers that were hinted at before MLP took over. Hopefully for the 40th anniversary of MLP they won't just do sparkly versions of the collector ponies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 18, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
Jumping in to confirm in FL (several Targets)...
That the shelf label for the BasicFun / Classic ponies is GONE from the shelves as well. There's no evidence any more that they ever had them.
I am SO hoping this is a short term thing!
I totally want the next set with Posey / Cherries & everybody! They were always in the show and I want them mint in the box sooooo much. I was so excited for that wave too, but nobody knows what's going on?

Offline splooto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Just a silly bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 18, 2021, 04:48:05 PM »
This is absolutely heartbreaking for me! I've been so excited to see what new collection to update next  :cry:
:art: :enraged: :art:

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:07 PM »
To Splooto: It was going to be the first half of the Twinkle Eye ponies.
And that was REALLY going to be exciting because can you imagine? TE's with perfect iridescent eye coating? WHITE crisp Gingerbread? Cancer/Centerpoint-free ponies filling the shelves? No more regrind/blotches? Of course, super special to me would be to have Masquerade new in the box. I'd have multiples!
Plus...you knoooowww those would sell well and we'd get the second half of them next with Mimic! 10 dollar Mimic means everybody can finally have her and she becomes affordable and that would be completely amazing. There is so much potential here.

But, like Wardah says the Strawberry went away for a while / stopped and then came back with more of them so it's not 'lose all hope' time, either. I want to hopefully look around and see if I can sniff up any hints or news somewhere.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1385 on: March 18, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »
If we do get the first four TEs then I think we should be happy with that.

I also don't think there's any chance of Mimic coming in a second wave even if everything did go smoothly and there was another set. Seems more likely that the suggestion someone else made back when this was first discussed is more logical - Masquerade and Sweet Pop to add the pegasus vibe. Those two have the same pose so it's the most obvious choice. If there needs to be two others, then Speedy and Galaxy would make sense given Fizzy's already on the plan.

Mimic is a different pose and buying research materials to design and construct her is more expensive than all the others, a real concern in the current climate.

But right now, given everything...I think we should really just be happy if we get a proper release of CJ's set and not hope for too much. That way we can be surprised, but not disappointed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 18, 2021, 06:19:00 PM »
I would die of happiness if the TEs were released. Any of them. They're such beautiful ponies, every single one of them!

My gut feeling is that Target won't be getting the CJ earth pony set, which is rough for me. Target was where I bought all of my BF ponies. There are no Meijers or Paper Sources near me. I'd have to go to a different state to get to the nearest PS and the BF ponies have weird prices on Amazon. I'll have to check out my "local" (still far away) Cracker Barrel and see what they have...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:47:46 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 18, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »
I sure hope this line lasts at least another year :/ they're kind of a dream for me, as someone who loves G1 ponies but is a bit picky about mint-ness lol

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 19, 2021, 02:38:21 AM »
I’m also a bit afraid that this line might be coming to a close. :/ 2020 was tough on a lot of companies, and BF MLPs had troubled distribution to begin with. :( I’m going to quietly hope that the upcoming G5 reboot will renew interest in the franchise as a whole, and maybe give the BFs a boost.

Does anyone know the status of their licensing deal with Hasbro? That was a big topic of discussion here a while back, but I haven’t heard it brought up in a while.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 19, 2021, 07:39:26 AM »
I haven't seen any BF stuff at Cracker Barrel the last few times I visited Cracker Barrel's prices are $3-$5 more for the ponies and Strawberry Shortcake than Target's. 

The last set I saw both places was the Gusty set.  I was looking forward to finding the Cherries Jubilee set also.   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline splooto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Just a silly bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 19, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
Oh my if they did a run of twinkle eyes I wouldn't even be able to contain my joy! A mimic is the highest up on my grail list at this point
:art: :enraged: :art:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1391 on: March 29, 2021, 05:32:31 AM »
So just a word of caution regarding Surprise...
The haircolour can stain.

I think it might have happened in the package, judging where the marks are, but I just discovered some neon yellow on the pony's rear leg. I don't think her tail has been in that position since I deboxed her, so it probably is in the way the pony is packaged...but I have moved her some distance from Gusty and Sparkler just to ensure there can't be any transfer to them.

Just a heads up for people that this could be an issue with the neon yellow hair.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 29, 2021, 06:48:44 AM »
So just a word of caution regarding Surprise...
The haircolour can stain.

I think it might have happened in the package, judging where the marks are, but I just discovered some neon yellow on the pony's rear leg. I don't think her tail has been in that position since I deboxed her, so it probably is in the way the pony is packaged...but I have moved her some distance from Gusty and Sparkler just to ensure there can't be any transfer to them.

Just a heads up for people that this could be an issue with the neon yellow hair.

Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1393 on: March 29, 2021, 08:02:27 AM »
I had the same problem with Confetti! I had bought an extra to customize and by the time I got around to deboxing her, she had bright yellow marks on her leg. :( I haven't noticed problems with any other colors.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 29, 2021, 08:52:34 AM »
Good to know, thank you! I'll check how mine is stored to make sure she's not staining anyone else.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal