collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93391 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1065 on: October 20, 2023, 05:59:08 PM »
BC, Computer problems are really..(Lots of swear words in this section)! :dumbpc::rant:
The heating up of the PC and the noises already sound scary! I hope it doesn't catch fire! :shocked:
Could its hard drive have broken? :wonder: In that case, I guess there's nothing you can do for PC.. Or I don't know, because it's a PC and not a laptop. :shrug: I am a completely hopeless case in these situations and my spouse always has to take care of those problems. (Fortunately, he likes to solve and fix them.)
I hope you could at least get that old laptop working! :(

I'm sorry that you cannot visit your mother and it's your first birthday without your dad.. It makes me sad too. :sad: I would like to come to you and give you a big hug! :heart: Then we would make a birthday cake together! :deathhug: Oh, why I was born in the wrong country! :(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 06:05:15 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 20, 2023, 09:35:12 PM »
Three words:
HORRIBLE
WEATHER
THREAD

BC I know you'll miss your dad more on your BD xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1067 on: October 21, 2023, 04:33:17 AM »
John has for a couple of days tried to buy a game from MetaQuest to his Occulas VR head set. Despite having money on the card and the account open for international transactions he kept being denied. Meta says the fault is not with them. Today we tried his CC, our joint CC and my CC. Everyone with sufficient funds, everyone open for international transactions and all got denied. He has even tried with his paypal account connected to his credit card.

So I called the bank and after some investigation the support said we were trying to buy something from a place with an Irish IP adress and therefor had gotten a temporary ban. So we asked if it could be lifted. He told us to wait a couple of days. We said we had tried to buy this for several days now, we have a discount code that expires tomorrow that we would want to use. He would talk to their security. He returned after five minutes to say he could not get ahold of their security and would call us back when he had talked to them. Three and a half hour later and nothing. He has probably forgotten. So I will probaly have to call again, speaking with another agent which would take another thirty minutes and hours of waiting.

I just don't get it. What is so special about Ireland that a transaction is banned? I've ordered from the US Amazon, the UK Amazon, German Amazon. We have bought stuff from eBay, with no problems. We have even bought stuff from Occulas store before, although this was before Meta bought Occulas so I guess they weren't located in Ireland back then. Why this? Why now? Why Ireland?

Another problem is we had pre-ordered the new Super Mario Bros Wonder that was released yesterday. We did not get it yesterday. Everyone is playing it but me today.

BC, I'm sorry to hear about your birthday! I wish there were a magic way to help. a flying carpet to take you to your mom or something like it. I hope you get a good birthday anyway. :hug:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1068 on: October 21, 2023, 06:25:58 AM »
Thanks everyone :hug:

I was able to sell some things and I have enough to visit my mom now :) I was really stressed yesterday. I was crying :( My medicine makes it hard for me to cry so if I do it takes a huge toll on me.

I feel better today. I think I'll be able to get the money to fix my PC, and they come out to your house too, so I don't have to lug my tower anywhere.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 21, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »
Hugs BC  :hug:

I bought Mario Wonder today. I was having a little trouble getting the plastic off when I was trying to open the game after I got home so my mom decided to help.  Instead of trying to slice the plastic on the side she took a knife and tried to open it from the top. I saw that she was cutting in to the plastic/artwork of the game box so I told her to stop.  Then she told me to open it instead.  I know it's just a box, but I always try to be really careful opening things like that.  I tried to explain it to her but she says "it didn't hurt the game" or "I didn't know you wanted the box in mint condition.  They get messed up sitting there."   I can't return it either because the game is fine.  I'll get over it eventually.

Also, I had to listen to 2 employees argue over which one would get the game out of the case for me.

Another thing is I don't like feeling that everything I want to do is a major inconvenience or has to be scheduled and everything my parents want to do is fine. :(  I tried to talk to my mom about that too and she just said "You don't want us doing stuff on days you work."  It's not that at all.  It's just that it seems like when I'm off they don't want to do anything and on days I'm working they do.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 06:45:04 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 21, 2023, 11:13:45 PM »
I logged into the bank yesterday evening and started a chat about the issue above, figured it would be easier than waiting in a phonequeue. They wanted to call me up. A new agent went through everything I talked to with the former agent. She went away and talked to their card experts and returned saying there was no ban on our cards as the former agent had said. I asked about Ireland. She went away for five minutes and returned saying there were no issues with trying to buy from Ireland. I asked why the first agent had said so. She had no answer. So either the first agent made things up or the latter don't know how to look it up. I spent 15 minutes chatting, ten minutes waiting for them to call up and 30 minutes with talking to the agent.. Not to mention being glued to the phone all day waiting for the first one to call back. Hello desk, meet my head!

and then, John found a thread on Meta Quest forum about other people having the same issue so it seems the problem is with them after all, although they said it isn't. Hello again desk! say hi to my head again, you are acquainted now.

I think I tore something in my backside when I got up after cleaning the litter box. My back hurt.

I'm happy you can go to your mom BC! Yaay! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :tort:

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2023, 06:51:42 AM »
The weather's settled xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2023, 07:00:30 AM »
It's not trivial but it's annoying...

I tried to wash our wedding quilt on "hand wash gentle" in our washing machine.  Usually this is crazy gentle.  Like it fills the inside with water, flips the clothes like twice, lets them soak for 15 minutes and then it drains, refills, and flips, then soaks for 3 and then rinses and drains. 

Except this time ...  I opened the washer door and there were shreds of quilt.  So now I have to piece it back together and patch it.  My grandmother who made it has died since.  15 years of a quilt being on a bed and used every night is pretty substantial but AURRRRGH
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2023, 04:19:47 PM »
I'm sorry that happened to your quilt, lovesbabysquirmy.  :hug:

Not trivial, but I don't want to start a WYP post about it.  My mom hit a pole with her car and tore up one side of the bottom quarter panel.  She's okay,but shaken up.

I waited all day for my parents to decide if they wanted to do something. They decided not to after my mom hit the pole.  I understand, but I didn't want to get too deeply involved in things if they were planning on doing something later.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 04:24:15 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1074 on: October 22, 2023, 05:58:58 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry, Squirmy :(

I'm glad your mom is okay, Ponyfan.

I've had a headache ever since I got back from my mom. I can't shake it. My ears hurt too. When I looked into my right ear, which is very itchy, I saw two cat hairs in it. Also there was a film over my ear drum. I think the hair is the same that I saw weeks ago. I can't get them out. I tried grabbing them with tweezers and tried flushing with water. I think the film over my ear drum might be because of the hairs. I don't want them to become infected.

I was going to order myself a couple slices of cheesecake from Walmart for my birthday but when I went looking for cheesecake I saw Edward's brand frozen pies had a chocolate cheesecake silk pie that is new. I got it and ate almost the whole thing. I know it's my birthday and everything but I lost weight and shouldn't have gotten the pie.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 23, 2023, 03:23:19 AM »
I'm sorry about the quilt lovesbabysquirmy, I hope you can patch it.

I'm glad your mom is alright Ponyfan.

Well, BC. You only have one birthday a year. Enjoy it and keep going! It's a new day today!

I thought the snow would melt away but it hasn't and yesterday when I went out a quickie I noticed there were ice on the ground. I don't have winter tires on my bike yet! The mechanics on the back tire make me don't wanna change them myself. I've booked in a tire change but the fastest appointment is two weeks away. Gaaah!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1076 on: October 23, 2023, 07:26:32 AM »
happy late birthday BC. i think i started writing a post a few days ago but got distracted :(

i'm glad your mom is ok Ponyfan

i'm still waiting on Super Mario Wonder.  I ordered from Amazon since ordering directly from Nintendo took forever to arrive. however Amazon is "running late" hopefully I'll have it today. it was supposed to arrive Saturday.

also my eye is twitching today :(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 09:39:19 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1077 on: October 23, 2023, 05:28:59 PM »
Thanks everyone! :hug:

My ears are so itchy! >_<

edit: I woke up with my eyes crusted shut. They mowed yesterday and it wasn't bothering me until today. I had a sneezing attack, there's gunk in my throat, I can't breathe out of my nose. Ugh. I have no allergy pills either.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 09:06:04 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 25, 2023, 03:31:28 PM »
I lost 2 more nails.  :(  I don't think I'm being rough with them or anything.  They're supposed to last about 6 weeks.  We have to pay for them too now as we're past the guaranteed date.  My mom said she'll pay for the salon to fix them this time, but not next time.

BC, I hope you feel better soon.

Ponyfan

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2023, 08:10:00 PM »
i cleaned my room and folded my laundry ( :shocked:) it looks much better but there just isnt enough space!! my window is really low and i dont know what to put by it... i know i need some shelves or something in my closet, but i would need to get rid of some clothes to fit. agghh,, the struggles of a tiny house  -_- i wish we had enough money for a big one lol

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal