collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93921 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1305 on: December 20, 2023, 07:28:12 PM »
BC  :deathhug:

---

I was saddened on Wednesday afternoon when I heard that someone had been hit by a train in the center of this village. :sad:
My brother was just in the store when it happened, but fortunately he didn't see the situation, only the emergency vehicles. I heard the scream of the train's whistle and the screeching of the brakes, and I saw the hospital helicopter that went to the place to help. :(

In this village, there have been several cases where this has happened.
Spoiler
(I've also had it in my mind in my dark moments..)
It's strange when it's so easy to get to the train track..you just walk there. I wish more mesh fences, etc., would be built there so that it wouldn't be so easy to get there, at least in the area of this village. :huh:
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 21, 2023, 07:19:45 PM »
I'm so behind on everything.  I was going to mail Christmas cards, but now I don't see the point, because even if I rushed around and got things ready they won't be delivered until after Christmas.  With all of the health problems I've had lately Christmas cards slipped my mind, along with a few other things. I realized today I haven't ordered the e gift cards either this year and I know at least one person expects it to arrive on Christmas.

My mom insisted on getting the bills ready to mail before Christmas due to everything being closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's.  One of them was my insurance payment that's due at the end of the month. 

I got it ready and asked my mom for help with putting the check in it.  Long story short she got annoyed at me because I asked her to help with it and without thinking I put the check in the way I had it the first time.  She got annoyed at that and then refused to help me.   She did help me eventually after I asked her a few times again.  She made my cry though and I went to the kitchen to seal the envelope with teras running down my face.   

Sometimes it's hard never knowing what will annoy my mom to the point that she starts saying things like that to me.             

I know I included the payment coupon with the insurance payment and the check, but don't remember if I wrote the amount on the coupon or not.  Sometimes I do things automatically and can't remember later if I did them or not.

Today I tried to update my dad's iPhone. The updates went through on my phone and my mom's quickly, but my dad's phone got stuck on "preparing update" after it downloaded for some reason.  I finally gave up and decided to try again tomorrow.

I'm stressed out about my job.   :cry:  I've tried to talk to my mom about it, but it's reached a point where I'm not sure what to do anymore.   I'm trying to do what my mom wants so there's not tension between us.  I don't want to spoil Christmas though. That's going to be hard. 

I took a prescription pill that I take sometimes and one of the side effects is it makes me groggy the next day.  It didn't seem to wear off for a long time.

I'm wide awake now even though I should be sleeping.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 10:35:29 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1307 on: December 21, 2023, 11:05:50 PM »
My mind has just gone heavy and dark and I feel like crying all the time. It's been going on for a few days now. I've tried to toughen up, but I can't seem to snap out of it.
Like, when I was cleaning my ponyroom after Simbas mishap I noticed one of the sections of the Dream Castle, the smaller side tower, had broken through the arch at the doorway beneath the tower. Like cut clean. I have no idea how or when.. and then Majsan managed to break all the flags. I've been so proud of how well my castle has been preserved considered I got it when I was three years old. It has stood on display for so long having my childhood ponies there with all the flags on top. Now the remnant of the flags all lie in the treausre box.. One of the tower cealings has a crack and I have no idea how that got there either.
Majsan jumped up on the display this morning and I screamed at her like a banshee. I'm not proud of that but why do she need to suddenly get up there?

I've sent 14 christmas cards to friends and family. I've recieved four. I love giving cards but it feels heavy when the thought is not returned.

work.. I've never felt so left out and ignored since school. I have more than a hundred coworkers and some are really friendly, some just freeze me out and ignore me. They are polite and corteous when we need to work together but outside of that I'm just ignored. I skipped the annual christmas dinner this year because of the treatment I recieved last year. I was at the middle of the table back then and none spoke to me. I tried to get into the talks but was either ignored or they just changed the subject. In the end I just left early. They have the dinner on two occasions, and the people I like were going on a date I needed to work and the people from last year were going on the day I was off so I just decided to skip it.
Yesterday when I came into the office before my workshift there were three drivers there talking to each other. They hardly even said hi. It was like I didn't exist.

I've talked to my manager about it and even ticked bullied on the annual survey (which is anonymous) but so far I've not seen any change.. but rumours has it my manager is being bullied as well, that there's s secret group trying to make her work miserable so she'll quit. I don't know if that is true but it seems horrible. I like her.

Because me being out from work almost the entire november, my salary this month has been really low (we get paid montly in Sweden). I'm used to being broke and calculate every penny so half of what I make now normally goes into different savings, and what I got today is twice what I got ten years ago.. but with all the expenses for Simba and christmas I just feel bleh.

I am super stressed out about Ninja. He has seemed fine since last time we went to the emergency vet, but I am so coutious of every move and sound he makes. Whenever he grooms himself I'm staring if he washes between his back legs too much etc. Everytime he's bored I', jumping up trying to activate him even if it disrupts something important I'm doing.. I'm on high alert all the time and it makes my body ache.

The boys started to fight yesterday and I had to break it off.

Anyway.. I walk around humming christmas tunes, do my christmas diamond painting, enjoying the advent calendars, do my work the best I can but all I want to do is curl up underneath a blanket and cry all the time.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1308 on: December 22, 2023, 02:23:54 AM »
Huge hugs all around :grouphug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 22, 2023, 03:59:00 AM »
Beldarna  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 22, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »
Beldarna, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I'm so stressed out that I feel like I'm only going through the motions.  I feel like I'm putting on an act for my parents so I don't spoil Christmas.

Last weekend, I saw a mood ring at the drugstore.  Ever since I've been looking at other stores for a similar ring but haven't found one.   I know mood rings just react to body heat, but they amuse me.  The one at the drugstore caught my attention because it was sized for adults instead of for children.  I haven't gone back to the drugstore (or another one of the same store) to see if they still have the ring.

Ponyfan

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 23, 2023, 01:54:40 AM »
I feel the same way about the holidays this year Ponyfan. I feel like I’ve missed out on a lot of my favorite traditions just because I’ve been so busy!

It’s been a warm winter here so far. I mean, it’s always warm here, but it seems like the nighttime lows are not getting as cold as they normally do. I still haven’t even turned on the heat in my home. The other day when I turned on my space heater it warmed up my house enough that my AC kicked on. In December! :blink:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 23, 2023, 09:33:38 AM »
Thanks for the hugs. I needed those :blush:.

What also made me sad was I had asked one of my few friends if she wanted to meet up this week as we hadn't seen each other in a while. She said she would get back to me. She never did and i just felt so overlooked and forgotten on top of everything else.

When I came home from work today five books were lying scattered on the floor. Probably one of the cats tried to climb the bookshelf. I asked John why he hadn't picked them up. He said he was afraid to touch them (??) and put them back wrong. I asked if he couldn't have put them in a pile and he replied they were already in a pile. Yes they were in a pile, allover eachother with the covers opened. Ugh.. luckily no pages were folded or torned.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1313 on: December 23, 2023, 11:03:10 AM »
Ants are back, on my desk :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1314 on: December 24, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »
Thanks for the hugs. I needed those :blush:.

What also made me sad was I had asked one of my few friends if she wanted to meet up this week as we hadn't seen each other in a while. She said she would get back to me. She never did and i just felt so overlooked and forgotten on top of everything else.

When I came home from work today five books were lying scattered on the floor. Probably one of the cats tried to climb the bookshelf. I asked John why he hadn't picked them up. He said he was afraid to touch them (??) and put them back wrong. I asked if he couldn't have put them in a pile and he replied they were already in a pile. Yes they were in a pile, allover eachother with the covers opened. Ugh.. luckily no pages were folded or torned.

omg you husband sounds just like mine. he uses that same excuse!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 24, 2023, 07:00:06 PM »
More hugs :hug:  Beldarna.

It looks like I won't be mailing Christmas cards this year.  I didn't get them done. :(

I ordered one e gift card for the one person that I thought would be disappointed if they didn't get it on time.  I sent a note to my other friend that her e gift card is coming in a few days because I didn't want her to think that I'm mad at her or decided not to give her a gift this year.

I keep falling asleep without my CPAP machine.  I'm so tired by the time I go to bed.  I did stay up late last night watching a movie, but the other night I didn't and I still fell asleep without my CPAP machine.  I tried to take a nap earlier, but couldn't fall asleep. 

I had plugged my phone in close to the couch.  My mom noticed her tablet wasn't charged.  I had to unplug my phone so she could charge her tablet since she was complaining about it not having much battery left.  I always feel like if I did that my parents would say I'm being a brat and being selfish by always wanting things my way, but it's okay for my mom to act like that?

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1316 on: December 25, 2023, 02:16:38 PM »
Didn't I post here..?

Anyway, I keep getting bad headaches and I think it's because I've been out of my blood pressure and blood thinner meds. My head feels like it's going to explode and my neck is stiff. Lying down doesn't really help.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 25, 2023, 09:33:08 PM »
I have a problem with cracked heels. On top of everything else. It has been managed with skin glue and really fat foot cream over the years. But now I have a very deep crack and no matter how much glue or cream it still wont heal. It feels like walking on knives and I have a terrible limp.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 26, 2023, 03:14:11 AM »
Beldarna I've never had the heel issue, but I do get peely skin there, & on the balls of my foot, between the toes (classic athlete's foot style), the tips of the toes, the tips of the fingers (they often get sore/red/bleeding), & the edge of my scalp. It's annoying as heck & sometimes sore. I wish it didn't happen but what can I do??? I find most moisturisers too oily for me & I hate how it takes them so long to soak into the skin!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1319 on: December 26, 2023, 07:08:46 AM »
There is an SUV parked below my windows that is blasting music with the windows closed so all you can hear is the bass. I have another big headache and it's driving me crazy. I think they are waiting for someone. They've been parked for like 5 minutes now. ...great the new song has even more bass :pullhair:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal